Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach to come to Xbox One?

Ranger Intel

Good news, 343 Industries are thinking about getting the loved Halo 3: ODST and the memorable Halo: Reach to Xbox One!

According to an interview with Dan Ayoub, executive produce at 343 Industries, so many people asked about the two games that it's actually gotten 343 thinking about it. Neither are in development at the moment, but it's possible for both to return.

Nothing was said about Halo Wars, although a sequel may have been hinted at in the 'Phantom Dust' Trailer.

Do you want to see both games make a return to next-gen? Post your thoughts down below.

Halo-Reach-ODST1.jpg

Source: http://halo4nation.com/other/343-industries-are-thinking-about-bringing-halo-reach-and-halo-odst-to-xbox-one/

• Like 5

A collection with all the spin-off series in them maybe?

I wouldn't see much point in bringing this game to the Xbox One without any graphical differences made.

However if they do I'd buy it immediatly :hrhr:

• Like 1

Seems a bit overkill.....

Do we really need this? really?!

No we don't, Mcc is enough right now. :)

I think for a console that could be called Halobox instead of Xbox, yeah this is good. Also, coupled with the fact that they're not necessarily remakes and just ports, you can finally have all Halos on one console for good. It's not a bad thing.

Edited by rrhuntington

^

No, but what is the point.

I know everyone who has posted on this topic owns a 360 or at least owned one at some point.

They want to go play Reach and Odst, go play it on the 360.

A port would be a waste of time, we can already play Halo reach? why do we need it.

Its purpose is the problem. :)

^

I know everyone who has posted on this topic owns a 360 or at least owned one at some point.

They want to go play Halo 3 and and 2, go play it on the 360.

A port would be a waste of time, we can already play Halo 4? why do we need it.

Its purpose is the problem.  :)

A Halobox would be an idea, not for now, maybe later. your arguments count for the MCC as well.

Edited by Coldfreeze

^

They want to go play Reach and Odst, go play it on the 360.

A port would be a waste of time, we can already play Halo reach? why do we need it.

Its purpose is the problem. :)

What happens when XBL servers shut down for the 360?

What happens when Halo Reach goes dead on the 360 when there isn't a large enough community to play it?

What happens when people move on and forget about Reach entirely?

Porting it will keep it alive for a lot longer. People are still playing Halo: CE today, a game over 13 years old, why do you think that is?

• Like 1

What happens when XBL servers shut down for the 360?

What happens when Halo Reach goes dead on the 360 when there isn't a large enough community to play it?

What happens when people move on and forget about Reach entirely?

Porting it will keep it alive for a lot longer. People are still playing Halo: CE today, a game over 13 years old, why do you think that is?

Because it's a better game than Reach ever was?

The real question is, how many times over and over are you willing to pay for the same games over and over again. Visuals are nice yes, but they dont do a thing for the actual games replay value. CE is popular on PC, that is the port that stood up. Xbox One and the MCC version of CE will never compare to it, thats a fact. 13 years from now, will people still be dusting off their Xbox Ones to play CE....no. But I can guarantee it will still be played on PC.

Microsoft is doing nothing short of ensuring their own agenda. I love the comment about Halobox, because thats exactly what a failed console is turning into. They couldnt even properly run or create content for their media division and just barely squeezed out a Halo television project in 5 years. Xbox One and Microsoft are failing, and bringing everything Halo back to it is the only thing that will float them. This isnt fan service or community giving....its about keeping paychecks pure and simple. And of coarse droves of lemmings will eat up their deceit and pay more money for games they bought countless times already.

• Like 2

Im fine with old games coming to Xb1 and Ps4. :)

The original resident evil was a brilliant idea.

So was Halo ce, and possibly Halo 2.

But we don't need Halo 3, 4, Reach, Odst and maybe even Wars on Xb1.

Those games you can still play on 360 anyway, sure the servers will be shut down but who cares by then H5g and maybe even Halo 6 will be out.

Who is really going to go back to Halo 4 when they can play H5? not me.

^

Also Twin makes some good points

Im fine with old games coming to Xb1 and Ps4. :)

The original resident evil was a brilliant idea.

So was Halo ce, and possibly Halo 2.

But we don't need Halo 3, 4, Reach, Odst and maybe even Wars on Xb1.

Those games you can still play on 360 anyway, sure the servers will be shut down but who cares by then H5g and maybe even Halo 6 will be out.

Who is really going to go back to Halo 4 when they can play H5? not me.

^

Also Twin makes some good points

Halo 3 is still played and Halo 4 is still played, bringing them to the xbox one ensures them to still be played.

Resident Evil 4 is also seem as one of the best they did and Halo 2 brought online competitive gaming to the console.

There is no need for these games to come to the xbox one, still a lot of people like the idea.

maybe they just do it for their paychecks, but everyone in the world works for those.

Edited by Coldfreeze
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...