343Cf Destiny experiences

Caboose The Ace

I did one of these for the beta where I posted about my experiences in the game so for about a month I will be posting here about Destiny and seeing if the game lives up to the hype. Also feel free to post your own adventures in Destiny here as well!

Day one :

Honestly I wish I never played the beta, why? because the magic is gone, Destiny just seems like something I am used to playing. Then again, I still have not even travelled to the Moon yet, despite being level eight. I got 48 hours in the beta alone, so I suppose it is to be expected. This time around I managed to create a pretty good looking character, he does look a bit to much like a character off Twilight, due to the fact his skin is too white and his white skin goes awful with blue eyes.

The crucible was the best part, due to the fact Control was not the only thing to play. I did not play too much, about 2 hours and a half but it was still fun anyway. It is though clear that the story of Destiny, on Earth, is not finished, and is going to be continued in updates or the upcoming Destiny expansions or both. You discover an old array station still working and a Warmind is still active yet, do nothing about it, and enemy's on Earth with question marks are still roaming about.

The magic may be gone on Earth but that does not mean it cannot be recovered.... :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 1

I just want to know if Destiny is worth getting, because they're doing an XB1 bundle with Destiny, Halo, and an xbox one for £350.

This question is really hard to answer mainly because Destiny is in such an odd position for a game.

Did you play the Beta? Did you enjoy it? If the answer is yes then pick up Destiny because the game has a wealth of content.

However if you never played the beta and still want to know if the game is worth your time well do you have a lot of time. The game has a huge grind similar to reaching max rank in Halo:Reach. If you do have time to spare then do you have friends to play with? The game is loads better with friends, playing alone will only get you so far. 

I personally really like Destiny for the lore, gear, and character/class customization. The combat is very slow but still snappy and feels good. My biggest complaint is the 30 FPS.

• Like 1

So after following the news on the Internet for a couple days it seems to me that that the hype wasn't bought at all. I'm aware that on sights like metacritic all the really low reviews are generally garbage, same with most of the 10/10 reviews. But when people point it out it doesn't seem to be because of how good a game Destiny is just saying it doesn't deserve to be given a 0 or 1. I'm interested to see what kind of reviews other sights give it, I'm really expecting a bunch of 7's, 8's, and maybe some 9's because AAA title reviews are pretty lenient or they are paid.

As for me I will probably get it during Steam's 2015 Winter Sale when it is $10 or something. I also want to point out that I am on a campus that has thousands of people come and go everyday and I only know 1 person who has bought it and have heard absolutely zero talk about it. Seems like most of their 'success' has come from the pre-orders due to the massive hype train. Will have to wait another week or so to see what it sales are really going to be like.

Edited by WonderWombat
  • Like 1