Are Reach Servers Down?

Ethan King

So, yesterday I decided to play Reach again, but every playlist had a population of 0. When I entered a playlist I waited for an hour with no results. I tried again and this time, I waited for 3 hours, still nothing. So I decided to get off. Today I got on to find that the general view of my spartan was reset along with my rank, and matchmaking was stuck on an endless playlist download. My player menu, however, contains my previous rank and armor set with no noticeable changes. It looks to me like the servers were shut down. But it's been over 24 hours and I haven't been able to play Reach online. Is anyone else having this problem?

It hasnt been down for 24 hours for me. Some friends and I were playing it until nearly 2 am last night. I just got on and got messages from some friends that it was down for them. I made a new gt last week and noticed then that it wasnt registering kills/deaths. I really hope this gets resolved soon.  I only made the new gt to work on my kd.

It still says I'm a private and I look like the default spartan but the player menu has my original rank and credits. But everyone else has their ranks and looks back. Is this just me? :/

Me and a few other people had the same problem, but all our ranks and colors went back to normal like 30 minutes ago.

Back out and then go back into Reach and see if that works.

Me and a few other people had the same problem, but all our ranks and colors went back to normal like 30 minutes ago.

Back out and then go back into Reach and see if that works.

I've turned my xbox off then back on, loaded up Reach and it still hasn't fixed anything. Most likely have to wait it out...

It still says I'm a private and I look like the default spartan but the player menu has my original rank and credits. But everyone else has their ranks and looks back. Is this just me? :/

This happens for about 27% of the Reach population every time they do a reset of the servers lol

It's happened to me three times so far. .-.

Every other time it took a day or two to start working properly again, but it did sort itself out eventually.

I am getting this today.  Back on the 7th, my ranks and the playlists would not populate.  Yesterday I could get the playlists to populate and play, but no rank still (Recruit).  Today, however, I have both rank and playlists, but it says that every playlist has 0 population so I can't get any games.  Very frustrating.  Not sure if it's just a reset as mentioned or if it has something to do with Destiny release.  I mean I have no idea if Bungie even has anything to do with these servers at this point, but the timing is very coincidental.

I am getting this today.  Back on the 7th, my ranks and the playlists would not populate.  Yesterday I could get the playlists to populate and play, but no rank still (Recruit).  Today, however, I have both rank and playlists, but it says that every playlist has 0 population so I can't get any games.  Very frustrating.  Not sure if it's just a reset as mentioned or if it has something to do with Destiny release.  I mean I have no idea if Bungie even has anything to do with these servers at this point, but the timing is very coincidental.

They don't have anything to do with the servers anymore...

However I would find it amusing if they kept the passwords and stuff and 343i never changed them. 

Bungie is nothing to do with Halo anymore. The only thing they've developed now is Destiny really.

343 probably don't care about Reach so much, so aren't so worried about faults like this.

• 1 month later...

It's an excuse, Microsoft shut down matchmaking because "they need to work on their other games" but in reality, they want you to buy their new games, so their restricting reach gameplay, to make you buy their new products.. Which is illegal in the sense that most people who have reach BOUGHT the game, if I'm correct in this, their actions would lead to be called "Service Theft." Which basically means that when a company makes a customer pay for a game, then makes the game somewhat unplayable, so in the log run, Microsoft stole your money en the shut down multiplayer, and is using the excuse of "the server shut down" to get you to buy their other game products... Like how Microsoft recently bought Minecraft from MOJANG, their probably going to screw over Miecraft as well... I just hope that a Lawyer who knows about this theft get the gaming community together to get Microsoft to get a hold of themselves and stop worrying about how much $$$ they can put in their pockets, and more about what the players want!