I was going to say: "Aww, No Breaking Benjamin'?"

But then when I listened I realized that it actually has the same vibe as Blow me away, and I have to say I like it. Going to be cool getting to that part of the game. Also, that environmental shooting, just be forewarned, don't shoot a sniper in a closed in place. It will ring your bell.

Good reporting Destruct.

• Like 1

I am really looking forward to Misha Mansoor's stuff. I have never heard him before but what they showed was so good and I am glad 343i went for that same heavy vibe for Halo 2. It makes me hope we might see similar music like that in Halo 5 Guardians, whICH WOULD BE AMAZING :drool:

• Like 1

I was going to say: "Aww, No Breaking Benjamin'?"But then when I listened I realized that it actually has the same vibe as Blow me away, and I have to say I like it. Going to be cool getting to that part of the game. Also, that environmental shooting, just be forewarned, don't shoot a sniper in a closed in place. It will ring your bell.Good reporting Destruct.

Blow Me Away (along with all the other audio, including Incubus) is still in H2A. BUT it's in the old graphics pillar. The new graphics pillar is receiving all the new audio, including Misha's stuff.

So if you're in a mission with original graphics on, and Incubus is playing in the background, you can immediately switch with that button to new graphics and the song is replaced by the new audio by Misha. You can still go back to original graphics and listen to the old audio. :)

Oh and thanks!

Music sounds amazing o_o

The guns all sound amazing too, saw some people saying they didn't sound right.

Also, what's this about environmental shooting?

It's just there to make the sound effects more realistic. Like reverberation, and echoes and all that.

You can hear in the updated audio that the Weapon Discharge kind of spreads around the environment and fades out.

• Like 1

So if you're in a mission with original graphics on, and Incubus is playing in the background, you can immediately switch with that button to new graphics and the song is replaced by the new audio by Misha. You can still go back to original graphics and listen to the old audio.

All that makes me want to do is spam the classic to New button just to see how it would sound. Probably awful.

All that makes me want to do is spam the classic to New button just to see how it would sound. Probably awful.

Lol I don't think 343i expects people to sit there toggling the audio back and forth because of how horrible it would sound. They would probably get a headache or something doing that nonstop.

Hopefully 343i ends up putting in something to keep that from happening.

What map is that in the weapon testing, remastered multiplayer map or a campaign mission? Well anyways, great find on the video and my personal favorite change hearing them compared like that is definitely the sniper rifle. :awesome:

It's on Delta Halo in Campaign I think. I probably should have put "This is Campaign" up there.

Oh and thanks! Yeah that Sniper... gawd it's amazing :drool:

It's just there to make the sound effects more realistic. Like reverberation, and echoes and all that.

You can hear in the updated audio that the Weapon Discharge kind of spreads around the environment and fades out.

Well, now I know the first thing I'm doing in H2A.. Firing off heavy weapons in enclosed places XD (Helpful that forge gonna be dere)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there an option to turn the new sound effects off while still playing on the new graphics? I find the new sound effects sound jarringly out of place in halo with few exceptions. 

For example the pistol or SMG sounds sound like they belong in CoD not Halo and the plasma weapon sounds are really quiet and have no feel of impact. Same thing with the melee sounds which also have a noticeable pause between when you impact and when the sound is played.

Is there an option to turn the new sound effects off while still playing on the new graphics? I find the new sound effects sound jarringly out of place in halo with few exceptions. 

For example the pistol or SMG sounds sound like they belong in CoD not Halo and the plasma weapon sounds are really quiet and have no feel of impact. Same thing with the melee sounds which also have a noticeable pause between when you impact and when the sound is played.

No. New sound effects will stay with the new Graphics, and old sound effects will stay with the old graphics.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...