Arbiter's role

depressant

50 way? Well someone certainly rattle someone's cage.

Lol he's not far off. See the big factions that we know of in the civil war are the Arbiter's guys, the guys who think Sangheili should go back to their old ways (pre-covenant), and the covenant remnants. That along with all of the Sangheili families who smell a coup and want to make their families more powerful, as well as pretty much every Sangheili who wants a piece of the pie means it's one heck of a civil war.

• 2 months later...

I would like to see Arbiter takes place as playable character in Halo 5: Guardians,just like in Halo 2.

Also I'd like to see him returns a favor to Chief because John helped him earlier.As I said before,I strongly believe Arbiter will have good role.He is an honorable and brave Sangheili.

I hope the Arbiter's playable again. I enjoyed playing as him in Halo 2. One of my favorite characters.

What do you think,will Arbiter have a good role?I think he would have.

By remembering of previous games (Halo 2 & 3) he owes a favor to John.Otherwise Halo 5: Guardians could bring disappointing story.

What do you think,will Arbiter have a good role?I think he would have.

By remembering of previous games (Halo 2 & 3) he owes a favor to John.Otherwise Halo 5: Guardians could bring disappointing story.

I don't think he owes him a debt that he needs to pay. Nothing really indicated that. He does count John a friend though, and I'm sure he'll stand by him.

This has to be hundredth time..... :mad:

How the heck are Arbiter and Chief friends? does Chief even have friends? Blue team..... maybe.... but Arbiter, oh hell no!

Arbiter and Chief only had one conversation in H3 that had any meaning. And that was when Chief pointed a gun at him during the first mission ( technically second but whatever )

Then it was more Arbiter saying a one liner every once in a while that Chief never really responded to.

Yep, that is brilliant character dev right there! A true friendship is blooming! < sarcasm if you didn't notice.

And why is Arbiter even with Chief, as leader of the Separatists/Rebels should he not be with his people and not a bunch of humans.

Arbiter was just wasted in Halo 3 nothing more. There is no friendship between Arbiter and Chief.

You honestly can't say that. Their friendship is 100% canon. Mostly because Arbiter said "I even called him...friend."

That one statement blows yours out of the water.

Happy because I'm not the only person who believes in that.After all it's not just about belief.It's about truth and something that stands between John and Arbiter.Prologue says everything,especially moment when Arbiter turns around and says:  ''I named him ally....even friend.''

That is just because the majority of the Halo community believes Arby and Chief to be friends.

But they are not due to evidence in my post above. :)

I don't like or watch kind of stories like ''Chief n Arby'' (maybe you love it).

Nobody said Chief and Arbiter are friends since they were born,or they have secret tree house to share their friendship and secrets about girls.Nobody said they're playing baseball down streets in some neighborhood.It is simple,John and Arbiter are friends for some different reasons.So don't except Arbiter will beat/kill Chief or conversely.Simply explained:

They already have each other's trust.

^

They trust one another im sure, but Halo 3 implies no friendship between the two. :)

Whenever Arbiter tries to talk to Chief it goes like this.

"Truth is in that structure now we end this this" Arbiter

*Silence* Chief.

Yep, a real friendship.

It is friendship if you wanna know,but keep on mind that Chief surely never talks alot.Since Halo started we all learnt alot about him,also that he doesn't talk much.It's just his temperament and it's characteristic for him to be that ''silent'' type of person.Even if they made Halo 4 where Chief talks more than in previous games,Cortana said 10 lines and just after that he says something short and simple.Also remember how it looked between Johnson and him in Halo 2 & Halo 3.Does that mean Johnson and John were not friends?After all it's better for everyone if Arbiter n Master Chief have some kind of friendship.If not,then you should know Halo 5 could maybe bring big plot twist to whole franchise.No doubt it would impacts Halo fans too.Although my English isn't much correct hope you will find a way to understand what I'm saying.As I said before,nobody said they grew up in same neighborhood or they were playing games together to say Arbiter and Chief are BFF.  :)

Chief rarely talks at all, Caboose. And he does have friends. Cortana, Johnson, Blue Team, and yes, the Arbiter. He rarely responded verbally to any of them. But he showed genuine care for them.

At the start of Halo 3, it was an uneasy alliance. As it went on, they formed trust, which grew with time. By the time they got to Truth, Chief had the respect for him to allow him to be the one to kill Truth. Immediately afterward, they stood back to back like brothers. And after that, the Arbiter even went to High Charity after Chief, to help him!

Then the Arbiter alone stuck by Chief to see the mission to the end, even when given the option not to, and when the other Elites were already leaving. And he showed sympathy when Johnson died, despite rarely being fazed by death normally.

And of course, the line from the prologue. Which is canon no matter how you look at it. If the implications in Halo 3 were not enough, Halo 2 Anniversary confirms it. They do count each other friends.

• Like 2

Chief rarely talks at all, Caboose. And he does have friends. Cortana, Johnson, Blue Team, and yes, the Arbiter. He rarely responded verbally to any of them. But he showed genuine care for them.

At the start of Halo 3, it was an uneasy alliance. As it went on, they formed trust, which grew with time. By the time they got to Truth, Chief had the respect for him to allow him to be the one to kill Truth. Immediately afterward, they stood back to back like brothers. And after that, the Arbiter even went to High Charity after Chief, to help him!

Then the Arbiter alone stuck by Chief to see the mission to the end, even when given the option not to, and when the other Elites were already leaving. And he showed sympathy when Johnson died, despite rarely being fazed by death normally.

And of course, the line from the prologue. Which is canon no matter how you look at it. If the implications in Halo 3 were not enough, Halo 2 Anniversary confirms it. They do count each other friends.

You know,while reading this,goosebumps got all over my body.Especially parts I've marked.

• Like 1

Trust, respect and caring is not the same as friendship. :)

You just said three words that builds friendship.

Also I'm confused about your trying to tell us all there is no friendship between those two characters.The question is why are you doing that?Some form of satisfaction to be alot different person from others,or 343Industries and Microsoft told you that?I'm not sure about 343 and Microsoft but I'm 100% sure about your crazy statement.

• Like 1

^

Maybe I do it, because I disagree? :D

what else could it be, I just don't see any friendship there, I see trust, I see respect, they even care for one another. ( Still though why is Arbiter always hanging around with Chief?! As leader of the Separatists he should be with his people and not a bunch of humans )

But I see no friendship......  

Some words don't just have a definite One meaning definition. Friendship is a very broad term. Maybe trust, respect, and caring is as much friendship to those two as " Hey buddy, Xbox over my friend's house" is to us. Maybe you don't see it because your definition of a friendship is different.

I mean we talkin bout Aliens man. Not Humans. Not Humans. Aliens. We talkin bout aliens...

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 1

^

I have to admit, that was a very valid point, well done. :)

What I define as friendship is clearly different to what you define it as Ruff.

But still I would not call Arbiter and Chief what the some people in the Halo community call them.

"Bros 4 life" "Brothers till the end" < the worst offenders.

I see trust, I see respect, the even care, though I don't see friendship, as you rightly posted, friendship is a broad term, so I suppose some could see their hollow relationship as friendship.

^

I have to admit, that was a very valid point, well done. :)

What I define as friendship is clearly different to what you define it as Ruff.

But still I would not call Arbiter and Chief what the some people in the Halo community call them.

"Bros 4 life" "Brothers till the end" < the worst offenders.

I see trust, I see respect, the even care, though I don't see friendship, as you rightly posted, friendship is a broad term, so I suppose some could see their hollow relationship as friendship.

That is your point of view.Your opinion and nobody have rights to change that.You are the master of your brain.I stopped a while ago but you just continued arguing like that.Caboose please,please do not ask us to be YOU!Please stop trying to change what we believe!

Btw about this I've marked in your post,nobody here said that.I said NOBODY here ever said that.Keep on mind that there are so many 5-30 year old Halo fans.So everybody thinks differently and have different minds.Even a 5 year old kid who says that I've marked have rights to have his own belief.

I cannot force you to think how I want it to be,but be sure you can't either!

My opinion is and will be - Friendship.Not that kind of friendship you mentioned in your post,but friendship with respect,trust and care.That is what most people believe and it's their opinion,so is mine.That friendship just began,Halo 5 will just tell us more.Btw this topic should go to Offbeat Items because this debate doesn't have any good effect to be real and valuable conversation.You are smart person but you're acting like a child sometimes.Take care :)

^

U WOT M8? :) Sorry, I just have to point this out.

"That is your point of view.Your opinion and nobody have rights to change that.You are the master of your brain.I stopped a while ago but you just continued arguing like that.Caboose please,please do not ask us to be YOU!Please stop trying to change what we believe!"

Your right at the start, what I am posting is my point of view. But what I posted about Arbiter and Chief is my opinion, and what you posted about Arbiter and Chief is also your opinion. "Please stop trying to change what we believe!" < well that is a double edged sword, for one you have also posted your opinion, so the same could be said for you. And two, if we never posted our opinion what would be the point.

All this thread would be is "I hope Arbiter is playable" "I wonder what role he is going to be" You get the idea.....

Im sure I have made my points very clear on Arby and Chief now, so unless someone throws a spanner in the works then I see no point why to reply.

Bungie was never very good a doing "a story"

They were never very good at execution of their ideas.

They were never very good at making good characters that we can care about.

They were also never good at character development.

Three critical things that make a character good are above, sure they are brief but you get the point.

Bungie was never very good at making characters, so it is no wonder why I don't like Arbiter.

Because he is hollow and never does anything, he never developed as a character in Halo 3, and what passed for character dev in Halo 2 was terrible.  

Edited by Caboose The Banned