What map style would you like to see in halo 4.

gollum385

Which of these maps / map styles would you like to see in halo 4?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these maps / map styles would you like to see in halo 4?

• I want maps in the style of halo reach maps
    • I want maps in the style of halo 1-3
    • My favourite maps were from halo ce
    • My favourite maps were from halo 2
    • my favourite maps were from halo 3
    • my favourite maps were from halo reach
    • I want to see all maps remade in halo 4 (even if there are only a couple of new maps)
    • I want to see lots of remakes in halo 4 (aswell as new maps)
    • I want to see some remakes in halo 4, but want alot of new maps
    • I want to see only new maps in halo 4

I was going to right a big thread on how i'd love halo 4 to have all of maps from previous halo games, and allow them all to be forged on (and possibly make the maps out of forge objects too), but i mainly wanted to discuss the map styles of the previous games.

I personally found the maps in halo reach terrible in comparison to the other. In fact the best ones where the remakes, and community made maps. They all were based upon maps which in no way were symmetrical (with the exception of a couple), and lead to unbalanced spawns etc. They had no character and didn't play that well. The addition of armour abilities (removing things like equipment and camo/ovy) removed the impact of map control too, something i hated.

I found that rather than halo 2/3 where there were only a few maps i disliked, in halo reach there were only a few i liked.

Just wondering what people's opinions are on this issue, and what they'd like to see in halo 4. There are multiple options available, so just tick the boxes that you think best highlight your views.

Thanks for the voting. Just to let people know they can pick up to 6 options out of the 10. This is alot, but i'd like to get people to select the things they like from each section (the map styles they like, the previous game maps they like and what they'd like to see in reach). So i also made revoting on so if anyone didn't realise this they can change it.

Nice to see that most people liked the halo 3 maps. I loved all of these maps with the exception of one or 2. They played well, were symmetrical mainly, so good for teamplay, and the fact there was alot of them at then end was also great as it meant we had a wide variety. I personally also loved most of the halo 2 maps. Although some of those greats were remade in halo 3 (didnt quite feel the same imo tho).

Just interested to know what people's favourite maps are, and why they think that is. Would be good to have a place where a 343i member could come along and see what players want from a map. Not sure what bungie were thinking, the reach maps were pretty poor imo (best ones were the remakes mainly).

My favourite map if i had to pick one would probably be midship. It's a small symmetrical map which is great for both slayer (team and rumble pit) and objective gametypes. It's size makes for fast intense gameplay, which i think is lacking on some maps.

Generally i like small/medium sized maps which are symmetrical, for similar reasons to the above. Other maps such as lockout, ghost town, epitaph guardian etc are also great.

My most disliked maps are the larger sort of maps. Usually even in big team (see my thread on player capacity http://www.343industries.org/forum/index.php?/topic/317-halo-4-more-player-capactiy-please/) these maps mean a death sets you a good minute away from reentering the battle. Things like sandtrap, boneyard etc.

Interesting to see that nobody likes the halo reach map styles, and would definately want remakes of some maps in the newer games.

One thing that reach did provide, despite it's poor maps, was a couple of remakes, but most importantly through forge, the ability to remake most maps.

Just interested to know what people's favourite maps are, and why they think that is. Would be good to have a place where a 343i member could come along and see what players want from a map. Not sure what bungie were thinking, the reach maps were pretty poor imo (best ones were the remakes mainly).

My favourite map if i had to pick one would probably be midship. It's a small symmetrical map which is great for both slayer (team and rumble pit) and objective gametypes. It's size makes for fast intense gameplay, which i think is lacking on some maps.

Generally i like small/medium sized maps which are symmetrical, for similar reasons to the above. Other maps such as lockout, ghost town, epitaph guardian etc are also great.

My most disliked maps are the larger sort of maps. Usually even in big team (see my thread on player capacity http://www.343industries.org/forum/index.php?/topic/317-halo-4-more-player-capactiy-please/) these maps mean a death sets you a good minute away from reentering the battle. Things like sandtrap, boneyard etc.

I agree with you but i like the big maps I think sandtrap was my favorite map of all time