How much can Microsoft milk it?

Absolutely. As I said above, watering down a product is not something I wish to see. I know I am in the minority on this but it is my opinion. There is such a thing as going too far. 

By your logic they should produce an infants show staring Master Chief and the Arbiter plus friends which is based off of the same ideas in ***. Should it exist? Nope. Oh but wait it is Halo there for we should make it. 

Lines should be drawn and this is where I drew mine. 

While you do have a point just because they made a Cortana companion app is by no way "watering down" Halo. 

Now if they made an infant show for Halo that would be watering down Halo. 

Halo is popular. Stuff like this is bound to happen because Halo won't have this fanbase forever. I know you don't like it but MS wants the $$$. 

As long as they aren't making additonal products that clearly have no place or anything to do with Halo then their current strategy is fine. Sure this Cortana app isn't all that related to Halo so that is already starting to cross the line but for the time being they aren't milking it to the extent that something like Call of Duty has been milked. Then again everyone has a different opinion for what milking it is.

While you do have a point just because they made a Cortana companion app is by no way "watering down" Halo. 

Now if they made an infant show for Halo that would be watering down Halo. 

Halo is popular. Stuff like this is bound to happen because Halo won't have this fanbase forever. I know you don't like it but MS wants the $$$. 

As long as they aren't making additonal products that clearly have no place or anything to do with Halo then their current strategy is fine. Sure this Cortana app isn't all that related to Halo so that is already starting to cross the line but for the time being they aren't milking it to the extent that something like Call of Duty has been milked. Then again everyone has a different opinion for what milking it is.

Thats the thing though, the Windows Phone has nothing to do with Halo. Yet now it has been "Halo'ized" with this application. They could have called it most any other name (some names are just plain old bad) and been successful with it. Heck Google Now is about as none special a name you can get yet it is successful.

They have already started pushing the Halo brand into markets where it has no need in the first place. Is it really so wrong of me to want to draw a line here instead of down the road where the whole market is flooded with crap? By then the possibility of a solution has been removed. You cant take it back. 

I am fine with them creating games and books. Even TV adds (which promote their games and books of course) but drop the nonsensical crap before it becomes too much. That is what I am hoping for.

To be honest there is just one reason they called it cortana, due to it being a personal assistent which learns by itself, get's smarter with every interaction and can in some cases develop a personality (trials runs had it being incredibly sarcastic.)

The developer of the personal assistent thought it would be a good name, due to it's learning nature and of course Cortanan being part of an MS franchise. 

No milking here.

Edit:

I have been following the development of this smart assistent for around 2 a 3 years now.

Edited by Coldfreeze
  • Like 1

Thats the thing though, the Windows Phone has nothing to do with Halo. Yet now it has been "Halo'ized" with this application. They could have called it most any other name (some names are just plain old bad) and been successful with it. Heck Google Now is about as none special a name you can get yet it is successful.

They have already started pushing the Halo brand into markets where it has no need in the first place. Is it really so wrong of me to want to draw a line here instead of down the road where the whole market is flooded with crap? By then the possibility of a solution has been removed. You cant take it back. 

I am fine with them creating games and books. Even TV adds (which promote their games and books of course) but drop the nonsensical crap before it becomes too much. That is what I am hoping for.

I never once stated that you were in the wrong for having your opinon. I merely said we think differently on this situation and I have no issue with it. We have different opinions and thats ok.

At least Halo isn't being made E for everyone. And for the time being we aren't getting "Halo drumsticks, Halo undies, Plasma Grenade Ice Cream"

Although we have had Halo mouses, keyboards, laptops, and even a Halo 3 MP3 Player back in 07. If anything this Cortana app isn't as bad as that Zune player MS released 7 years ago(although it did look cool). AT least the Cortana app(as Coldfeeeze stated above) is tied in with Halo lore in an EXTREMELY LOOSE way.

WP8.1 is AN AMAZING OS, finally caught up with rivals. MS owns Halo rights, not us, sooo... It's really not "milking". Pffft, what else would they call it? Travis? Suzan? More retarded generic names? TBH I love the "Cortana" name (lol), and feature. I mean... It can sync with your 3rd party apps!