Halo symbolic refernces

Kimster12

Anyone finding any hidden halo symbolism? The ark, which has dna samples of each and every race in the galaxy, is a reference to noahs ark whiched housed 2 of every animal on earth. The flood in halo, the parisitic creatures are a reference to the water flood that wiped out everything on earth. All of this was told by god, and later passed down. Well in Halo Cryptum, Bornstellar says that "some say 'the precursors made us in their image'." Also the Presursors made the flood which wiped out the galaxy, like god did on earth. even the name 'halo' reference what angels have over their head. THE PRECURSORS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GOD

• Like 2

Some quotes to back this up:

"I? I am a monument to all your sins."

"There is much talk, and I have listened, through rock and metal and time."

"Child of my enemy, why have you come? I offer no forgiveness, a father's sins, passed to his son."

"Do I take life or give it? Who is victim, and who is foe?"

"Resignation is my virtue; like water I ebb, and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved... but you imposed."

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guaranteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?"

To me, the Flood IS Precursor.

Edited by rrhuntington

• 1 month later...

I remember a while back HaloFollower did a video on a symbolic reference to the 4 Horseman and his theory about it. (http://youtu.be/LoX3q6LUSK4)

Symbolism does not always have to be an allusion to mythology or religion. Because of this, symbolism exists in almost every scene. If you are interested in this kind of symbolism, check out this analysis: http://haruspis.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/halo-4-level-by-level-analysis-prologue/.

However, if you are looking for some religious allusions or symbolism, you can also check out that link because it talks about that, and I can bring up a few things.

One thing that really sticks out to me is the constant references to fire. The Ur-Didact references this in Halo 4 (check out Haruspis's analysis of "Shutdown" and he will talk about everything I will in more depth), Halsey talks about the Promethan Knights and fire in Spartan Ops. Mendicant Bias and the Primordial also talk about fire. In all of these cases, fire is a symbol for the Mantle. And I am going to explain to you my theory as to why the Prometheans are called what they are.

In Greek mythology, Prometheus took fire from the titans and brought it to the gods. How does this apply to the Prometheans? The Forerunners, more specifically the Warrior-Servants, attacked and would eventually kill the Precursors because of the Mantle. The Mantle is fire, the Forerunners are the gods, and the Precursors are the titans (because they created the universe, life, the Mantle, ect.). I think that the reason the high ranking Warrior-Servants are called Prometheans is because (I'm going to reference the Gravemind here :3) it is a monument to their sins. The Promethean Knights in Halo 4 were merely called Prometheans because the original Knights were the Didact's Prometheans who volunteered to be Composed. There is a lot more symbolism, I just found this particular piece of symbolism to be very intriguing and so I decided to only talk about this one.

There are a ton of references. All stated above and more!

Like the mjolnir theme comes from the hammer of Thor. The newer version called the Gungnir theme is refering to the spear of Odin.

There's just so much!

There are a ton of references. All stated above and more!

Like the mjolnir theme comes from the hammer of Thor. The newer version called the Gungnir theme is refering to the spear of Odin.

There's just so much!

Going off of what P34nut said, Valhalla and Ragnarok are also references to Norse mythology.