Multiplayer BTB Idea

Remember that one Halo 2 mission where a Scarab goes around the city and you must hijack it and blow it up? Imagine this: There are 64 players in this game, the map is in New Mombasa. It's Spartans vs. Elites. Spartans: Your primary objective is to to stop the Elite task force from entering the facility. Punch a hole into their attack, board the enemy Scarab and disable it, then arm a bomb onto the Scarab and detonate it. Elites: Defend the Scarab until it gets to the facility, then infiltrate the facility and retrieve the relic. Bring the relic to platform where phantoms will be waiting to pick you and the relic up. The scarab is driven by an AI elite around the city. This would kind of be like invasion because it is elite vs spartan and kind of like assault, just really huge epic and awesome. The elites can use some of the secondary turrets on the scarab but the can be destroyed by heavy human weapons. The main turret would be scripted to fire at some destructible environment blocking the Scarab's way. The map would allow you to go on the ledges and in the buildings including the ones around and under the Scarab's walkway along with the ground and roofs of buildings, and yes there will be water. This is something that I would personally play for hours on end in matchmaking, include a forge possibility for it too.

• Like 2

I've always thought that a cool playlist for multiplayer story/event based gameplay where instead of killing or basic objectives there could be really cool tier based objectives creating basically a mini campaign that's also multiplayer vs.

great idea Puff

Yeah, they did that in Reach with invasion for like Spire, Breakpoint, and Boneyard there was lore objective multiplayer. With a unique announcer (most likely their commander) for both the elites and spartans before they spawn. This is like a massive super upgraded Invasion with lore based objectives except they aren't only on Reach.

• 2 months later...

Ya, cool idea.

I remember I had one idea since Halo 1. It was that people could play as certain Grunts/Elites/Hunters in the campaign while other players control the Chief of course. So every once in a while campaign would be riddled with human players. Just an imaginative idea really, because it would be difficult to implement.