343i.org Update information

Twam

Hello everyone :hi:

Thought i should fill you in on this part (Part 1) of the update.

We have upgraded our Core software to the latest version (3.1.3 to 3.2.2)

The News system has been updated to its latest version (2.1.2 to 2.2.1)

The 343i Shoutbox has been upgraded to its latest version (1.1.3 to 1.2.3)

Plus the Calender and other small parts of the site have been upgraded.

ReachStats will be upgraded to its latest version shortly so please excuse any current errors.

Since the board is up to date I have applied our new skin and made it default for all users. (Our Mobile Skin is still available for any users needing to use it)

If anyone noticed any Bugs please post them in this thread. I have noticed a few with the skin and i will get those fixed.

All of the Skin image issues that we were having have seem to be fixed, if anyone notices any skin issues please let us know :)

This Part 1 update was mostly to deal with the core system.

Please Expect

• - Posting our Rules for the Site - Complete
  • - Implementing Signature restrictions Rules - Complete - At the bottom right of every page is a link to our Rules
  • - Adding Captcha System for registration - Haven't added Capcha at registration but Spam account should automatically be deleted on registration
  • - Allow Trusted Users to bypass flood limit (will remove this if it becomes a problem) - Complete
  • - Allow Trusted users to store more PM's then just 50 - Complete
  • - Upgrade ReachStats to work with the latest Board version - Complete (Thanks iBotPeaches)

Any Problems users have been having with Reporting should now be fixed, if anyone is still missing the report button please let us know so i can get this fixed.

Me and Jester have been talking about what new sections to add such as Clan and other Game arrangements, a section for all other games not pertaining to Halo or even on the Xbox for that matter.

Just a quick update. (October 10)

• The thread rating system has now been enabled, Works just the same as the user rating system. There are five stars at the top of every thread.
  • User's are now able to use Animated avatars again, some people where having problems with this.
  • The + and - user post rating system is gone and replaced with "Like" ratings, every post has a "Like This" button.
  • We have also added 2 sections. 1 for Clans and Game meets/arrangements, and the other for all other games not pertaining to Halo.
  • Trusted users do not have a flood limit

In Part 2 which should be happening shortly, Part 2 will not cause us any downtime.

Ill create update topics as we continue with the update or any new information arises. I'll just update this thread.

Twam

:construction:

Edited by Twam
Updated new Information

Sorry for the double post but I don't know how to edit on the mobile site, you see I use a 3DS or iphone to post and the new skin does not load on my 3DS or iphone so is there any way the old skin could be put back in or having 3 skins, 1 mobile one 1 mobile one WITH the SHOUTBOX and 1 for the new one?

why aren't we aloud to go to the homepage? i click on it and it just takes me to the Forums page?

Currently i have the Home button directing users to the forum, this will be changed soon.

Sorry for the double post but I don't know how to edit on the mobile site, you see I use a 3DS or iphone to post and the new skin does not load on my 3DS or iphone so is there any way the old skin could be put back in or having 3 skins, 1 mobile one 1 mobile one WITH the SHOUTBOX and 1 for the new one?

At the bottom left of the page you can click on "Change Theme" and select the mobile version.

1 thing i have noticed is peoples avatars are not displaying i get a white box and a red cross, this goes for all displays in the shoutbox is this just me?

Your CSS is outta date, or the JS that used for displaying. Try a hard refresh. (Hold down shift/command while clicking refresh)

I'm sure I would be thrilled by the update… if I wasn't now strictly confined to the mobile site. <_< Just sorta defeats the purpose of the update, from my perspective.

Anyhow, nice work, Twammybear. It's all trés beautiful. :clapping: :yes

But I miss Shoutbox. *Sigh* :(