Minecraft Playstation 4 delayed

Minecraft Playstation 4 delayed

Minecraft-PS4.jpg

The Playstation 4 version of the popular game Minecraft has been delayed because it 'failed' the final testing stage.

It was only last week when 4J Studios announced that they had finished Minecraft for the Playstation 4 and were awaiting a green light from Sony.

Today 4J Studios announced that Sony found issues with the game and that it failed the final testing stage. This means 4J is going to fix it and go through the entire process once again.

"Sony found some issues we have to fix in their final test of MinecraftPS4. We're fixing, but we need to go through the process again."

-4J Studios

Minecraft for the Playstation 4, along with the Xbox One and Playstation Vita versions, was set to release this month.

But since August is almost coming to an end it seems more and more unlikely that these versions are going to be on the shelves in time.

Has this delay affected you in any way?

Let me know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Sources:

NL IGN

EN IGN

Eurogamer

Special thanks to  DarkAngel for sharing this with me! :)

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

And they say the PS4 is better...

Nice article N3wsnut :) 

I don't see the point of buying it again so it hasn't affected me.

The only difference with the next gen and current gen is that the updates can come out faster and you will have an unlimited world to run around and explore in and some people may of sold their last gen console to buy their preferred choice of console

There are a few things that I like to brag about being on PC and Minecraft is on the top of that list.

And they say the PS4 is better...

Nice article N3wsnut :)

The only difference with the next gen and current gen is that the updates can come out faster and you will have an unlimited world to run around and explore in and some people may of sold their last gen console to buy their preferred choice of console

The world won't be unlimited. It will definitely be larger, but certainly won't be massive. The PC version had its world size dramatically reduced a while ago, it hasn't been 'unlimited' in a while. Edited by WonderWombat

Seeing all the ps4 glares and such let me elaborate a bit.

This has nothing to do with Sony, but with the developers of the ps4 version. Sony has a high standard in terms of quality in their testing department (one of the reasons the ps3 dlc for skyrim took so long)  ridiculously high actually. The game failed on none specified claims made by the Sony department (not made open to the public I assume.) The devs thought it was ready, sony disagreed.

Probably because they thought they could finish the rest with patches and updates.

Minecraft: It was exciting when I first got it on 360. Played it for days upon days making "The Mansion"

and then it just got realllllly repetitive. Haven't played it since the Halo DLC was released, although that was the last cool thing I saw in the game.

Minecraft: It was exciting when I first got it on 360. Played it for days upon days making "The Mansion"

and then it just got realllllly repetitive. Haven't played it since the Halo DLC was released, although that was the last cool thing I saw in the game.

I got bored with it pretty quick, building a house, getting stuff to build a better house, repeat.

It is also really really boring :D

And not everyone owns a pc.

The Majority of people here and on the internet have a PC, and even people who don't have the internet will possibly have a PC.

You're right, not everyone does, but the majority do who will have internet access in their own home.

It's really boring when you play by yourself, but people who play it with friends, it is fun, It's not simply just building houses and making it better as you said.

Edited by Mr.Biggles

The Majority of people here and on the internet have a PC, and even people who don't have the internet have a PC.

You're right, not everyone does, but the majority do.

It's really boring when you play by yourself, but people who play it with friends, it is fun, It's not simply just building houses and making it better as you said.

Around 40 % of the world as of 31 december 2013 use the internet and own a computer. 

WORLD TOTAL

Population (EST.) 2014:              7,181,858,619

Internet users dec 31 2000:         360,985,492

Internet users latest data:           2,802,478,934

penetration (% population):        39.0 %

Growth 2000 - 2014:                     676.3 %

Users of table:                             100.0 %

Around 40 % of the world as of 31 december 2013 use the internet and own a computer. 

WORLD TOTAL

Population (EST.) 2014:              7,181,858,619

Internet users dec 31 2000:         360,985,492

Internet users latest data:           2,802,478,934

penetration (% population):        39.0 %

Growth 2000 - 2014:                     676.3 %

Users of table:                             100.0 %

You don't need to give me stats. Keep in mind your also using places that don't even have electricity, i was talking about places which actually are avaliable to things like PC's and the Internet, and also places that don't have such bans on the internet which can restrict the access (China)

I've edited my post to make it clearer.

I meant by that the Majority of the people on the internet have a PC. Don't try and make me sound like an idiot thanks.

Edited by Mr.Biggles

You don't need to give me stats.

I've edited my post to make it clearer.

I meant by that the Majority of the people on the internet have a PC. Don't try and make me sound like an idiot thanks.

Well completely misread that and I didnt intend to make you sound like an idiot. Sorry   :give_rose: