What do you think the future holds for Nintendo?

Ghost Pirate

Nintendo can turn it around by using a powerful console that focuses on mainstream 3rd party games. But that realistically will drive away the current fan base. Like, a lot. The Wii U is great for Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, and... Well Mario. Expanding that might attract gamers like us -- but it just isn't something that can happen.

They need new IPs and Franchises. They can keep innovating current Franchises like Super Mario, and Mario Cart, but I think at some point they'll need to start shipping out some new material.

Nintendo needs new IPs?

*Glares at the 4+ new IPs announced at E3*

Nintendo just made the awful mistake of having no games when the Wii U launched. They also have extremely odd business practices and beliefs which before actually made them unique, but now it is hurting them. However I don't believe the Wii U is down for the count yet. It still sells very well and all 1st Party Nintendo games are exceptionally well made. With Smash Bros coming out this Winter we're going to see a huge increase in Nintendo sales. That being said though I am not 100% confident they will live for another console generation if they continue to suffer major downward trends for several more years, but it is still way too early to come to any conclusion. They're in a rut but still have a chance to get out of it. 

Nintendo needs new IPs?

*Glares at the 4+ new IPs announced at E3*

Nintendo just made the awful mistake of having no games when the Wii U launched. They also have extremely odd business practices and beliefs which before actually made them unique, but now it is hurting them. However I don't believe the Wii U is down for the count yet. It still sells very well and all 1st Party Nintendo games are exceptionally well made. With Smash Bros coming out this Winter we're going to see a huge increase in Nintendo sales. That being said though I am not 100% confident they will live for another console generation if they continue to suffer major downward trends for several more years, but it is still way too early to come to any conclusion. They're in a rut but still have a chance to get out of it. 

If I'm not mistaken it has more than doubled how many units have been sold since Christmas. Then it was around 3 million and now it is almost 7 million. I wouldn't call that 'very well' though seeing as the Xbox One has still sold 1 million more units in the same amount of time.

To be honest, it can go one of two ways:

1) They don't earn anymore money to give them a profit, they go bankrupt and therefore out of business, as their main products are not selling so well (Wii, Wii U)
2) They stay steady, and keep being around but slowly start to decline, and will be a much slower process of being bankrupt.

Or a third point:
3) They earn loads of money because of a brand new product they make

I don't see them having the same success they used to have, just because the gaming industry is really dominated now by Sony and Microsoft.