First look at some of Halo 5: Guardians' weapons

RedStarRocket91

Very interesting topic indeed Red, I like the designs of all of them apart from the new Rocket Launcher, it looks sort of puny and unstable :/. The designs are simplistic but also pretty cool, they're basically what we all know and love from the Halo series :). Also everyone who was saying the SMG is stupidly small that can be explained by the fact that the stock is retractable, it was just retracted in the picture that has been released :D!

Why is everyone saying that it needs to be bigger? I don't see the difference in size based upon just merely 3d renders....

I really don't get it either.

I scaled the SMG down according to Trigger and Handle size compared to the Assault Rifle. Then I made a rough estimate of how long the stock would extend, and made a rough edit.

1NwN43d.png

This may not be the actual size of the SMG, but due to this picture I don't really see how it could be small. It's probably going to end up being bigger than the Magnum.

And the Assault Rifle is pretty big compared to a regular Spartan IV.

• Like 3

I really don't get it either.

I scaled the SMG down according to Trigger and Handle size compared to the Assault Rifle. Then I made a rough estimate of how long the stock would extend, and made a rough edit.

1NwN43d.png

This may not be the actual size of the SMG, but due to this picture I don't really see how it could be small. It's probably going to end up being bigger than the Magnum.

And the Assault Rifle is pretty big compared to a regular Spartan IV.

I still get butterflies in my stomach when I see the Assault Rifle.

• Like 1

I don't know what all the complaining is about with the smg. (Lore Wise) It is easier and cheaper to make, and is a hell of a lot more portable then the older models. Thus making it far more superior. But that is just based on its size, it could be way more powerful than the older version. Because there is no duel wielding, the power of it will probably be doubled compared to older games.

&

Hrrrrm I know I cannot see much, but from the lighting the Sword looks almost yellow in its design and bigger, I don't like it. :)

But it is just a reveal trailer and Im sure the sword does not look like that in the final game. Still interesting though.

Thanks for sharing.

^

I suppose I should take that as a compliment. :)

As said before, I presume that it is due to lighting of the map, as I doubt 343 would just change what the Energy sword looked like for no good reason.

It is not just a simple update, the colour is different, but hopefully due to lighting.

^

I suppose I should take that as a compliment. :)

As said before, I presume that it is due to lighting of the map, as I doubt 343 would just change what the Energy sword looked like for no good reason.

It is not just a simple update, the colour is different, but hopefully due to lighting.

It wasn't an insult. :)

Here though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIpZt7a_X8Y

Skip to 1:31 on the video, and you can see it rotating, and is see through, like a hologram.

Edited by rrhuntington

It wasn't an insult. :)

Here though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIpZt7a_X8Y

Skip to 1:31 on the video, and you can see it rotating, and is see through, like a hologram.

It might be like that due to these reasons:

1: If the Sword is situated in a fixed position then people viewing the Sword from the sides might have trouble making it out from the background, so the turning Hologram makes sure it's clear from all viewing angles.

2: Since it's a Hologram (from what we can see) it can be determined that you will be able to walk through it unlike a regular Sword where it's a physical object. That way people who don't want the Sword can still get on the platform and move freely through the Hologram.

3: In the actual H5G First Look Trailer (not the one you posted) there's a view of that destroyed map: specifically the frame where it shows a Fan Blade on the ceiling. Below that you can see another Hologram similar to the Sword Hologram in the trailer. Maybe Power Weapons get Holograms?