First look at some of Halo 5: Guardians' weapons

RedStarRocket91

These, are, amazing! Apart form that Rocket Launcher though. It reminds me of a design I've seen before in modern day warfare, I just can't remember what it was.

The Assault Rife, Battle Rifle, Sniper Rifle, and SMG have gotten me real hyped though. They look unfriggenbelievable. The Battle Rifle looks like it's used for Covert Ops, and the Assault Rifle looks like it's camo'd  up for operations in jungle areas surrounded by lots of vegetation and wildlife. An area similar to Mission Four, Infinity, of Halo 4.

With the return of the SMG, they are giving a major hint at Dual Wielding in Halo 5.

Exactly. They know we want it back, and now they could be using Halo 2: Anniversary as a little reminder of Dual-Wielding with SMGs. I'm now expecting it to make a return.

• Like 1

I don't think that Rocket Launcher is THE Rocket Launcher. As Ed said it might be some sort of Rocket Launcher combined with a Spartan Laser or something. I'm sure our trusty old launcher will make a return.

As far as the other weapons go, they look amazing. Though it makes me wonder if we'd be able to customize the colours or add/remove some aestetic bibs and bobs.

• Like 2

You might wanna note that the Energy Sword is confirmed from the trailer with the Midship/Heretic remake.

I imagine the Rocket Launcher thing will be somewhat similar to the anti-titan launcher in Titanfall, so a vehicular destroying weapon only.

And it can't just be me, but that SMG looks retarded.

• Like 3

And it can't just be me, but that SMG looks retarded.

It looks good to me, but really small. I understand that SMG's are specifically designed to be small, but this one looks noticeably smaller than the one in Halo 2 and 3, and that worries me. It's almost pistol size. There also a really small area to put your hand in. It'll need to be bigger than that for MJOLNIR Armour.

Here's a comparison.

jSklfR0.png

H3-M7SMG-LeftSide.png

EDIT: The image of the SMG from Halo 2 and 3 is enlarged, but you get the point.

Edited by Blake Belladonna
  • Like 1

It looks good to me, but really small. I understand that SMG's are specifically designed to be small, but this one looks noticeably smaller than the one in Halo 2 and 3, and that worries me. It's almost pistol size. There also a really small area to put your hand in. It'll need to be bigger than that for MJOLNIR Armour.

Actually, they appear to be reasonably similar in terms of size, the only difference is that on the updated model the stock is folded, whereas in the older version it isn't. I apologise for the poor quality of the image, but it helps demonstrate what I mean as all I've done here is crop out the stock of the weapon:

wGCCalK.png

• Like 2

Actually, they appear to be reasonably similar in terms of size, the only difference is that on the updated model the stock is folded, whereas in the older version it isn't. I apologise for the poor quality of the image, but it helps demonstrate what I mean as all I've done here is crop out the stock of the weapon:

wGCCalK.png

Hmm, maybe that's just the way I see it then. The design can change or be slightly modified before release, there's still over a year left. Lets just hope it looks even better than Halo 2/3's SMG.

These, are, amazing! Apart form that Rocket Launcher though. It reminds me of a design I've seen before in modern day warfare, I just can't remember what it was.

The Assault Rife, Battle Rifle, Sniper Rifle, and SMG have gotten me real hyped though. They look unfriggenbelievable. The Battle Rifle looks like it's used for Covert Ops, and the Assault Rifle looks like it's camo'd  up for operations in jungle areas surrounded by lots of vegetation and wildlife. An area similar to Mission Four, Infinity, of Halo 4.

Exactly. They know we want it back, and now they could be using Halo 2: Anniversary as a little reminder of Dual-Wielding with SMGs. I'm now expecting it to make a return.

They already said that there was no dual wielding in Halo 5: Guardians. :(

You might wanna note that the Energy Sword is confirmed from the trailer with the Midship/Heretic remake.

It probably is confirmed, but it is uncertain if it looks the same as it's Halo 4 counterpart, or is this thing in the picture below.

OtCjXdg.png

That same platform in the vid is vacant in a different frame, so it's probably the Energy Sword and not a Hologram.

Frank said that they have no plans to include Dual Wielding in Halo 5 at this time, but it does not mean it can't come forward in the future.

IF they don't have plans right now, then it seems that Dual Wielding may be too late to be implemented into the Beta (which 343i plans to use to fix up the Halo 5 MP before release... so if it's absent then it would be a problem to include it in Halo 5 because of the constant tuning it would need)... but on the flipside we have like 3 months before the Beta comes out, so it's possible Dual Wielding could come back if 343i worked to bring it back in those 3 months.

• Like 2

OtCjXdg.png

Golden Energy Sword? I was hoping for a Red one,(Jedi vs. Sith thing) but it's cool to see different colors if that's the case. Sort of like the plasma rifles from Halo 2.

On to the other weapons...

The assault rifle's color scheme reminds me of the Marine Armor colors from Halo 4. I'm glad SMG is back. Everything else looks fine, like what I expected, and that rocket launcher probably is not a rocket launcher. So everything as of now is: Pretty.

Now I want to see the Covenant weaponry. But we will have to wait.

Golden Energy Sword? I was hoping for a Red one,(Jedi vs. Sith thing) but it's cool to see different colors if that's the case. Sort of like the plasma rifles from Halo 2.

It's probably just the lighting that causes it to glow yellow/golden.

Would be a fun thing to colour your energy swords though... Imagine all the Star Wars gametypes :drool:

• Like 3

yeah I think it looks too small hopefully thats how it looks only when dual wielded if dual wielding is in H5

Wait... how? Comparing the SMG image to the rest, and I find it to be reasonably sized. An SMG, which is not as high yield as an Assault Rifle, isn't going to be as big as an AR. 

Wait... how? Comparing the SMG image to the rest, and I find it to be reasonably sized. An SMG, which is not as high yield as an Assault Rifle, isn't going to be as big as an AR. 

The Stock is retracted making it smaller so hopefully this'll be like H2 where when wielding one the stock is extended and dual wielding the stock is retracted 

• Like 1

I can only hope that weapon aesthetic customization makes a return and with more options. Some of the designs look great, but the color schemes just aren't for me. A black BR looks great, but that yellow streak is something I still dislike. Same with the DMR, and the scope's color makes it stand out extensively in a way I don't really like. And I can't say I favor all the navy green/beige being added to the weapons.

On the other hand, the dual coloring of the SMG in dark and light grey looks really good in my opinion; the one dislike about the SMG I have to say is that it's dotted with little black shapes in the light gray areas. 

(It looks of normal size to me. Stock isn't extended, and that's fine by me, but I see no reason why it isn't extended when dual wielding isn't in play. Could it have two firing modes? :3)

I'm sure they'll grow on me, but more options in customizing is always great, and also something that can provide incentive to play.

New RPG/MAAWS weapon looks cool. Painted in a green that looks like sewage puke, yes, but looks cool as well. If the Promethean Nuke isn't returning, could this be an alternative? How does it work? I'd like to see that when the beta arrives. 

I wonder how these new designs will appear when used first person. Open sight instead of a scope on the BR will take a bit of time getting used to; if we can customize that, awesome. The scope on the DMR looks a bit like an IR scope to me considering it has an added bulk and it's also featured in a different color scheme - which potentially suggests customization for the scope? - and hopefully less bulky and asymmetrical than the version that appeared in Halo 4. And the sniper......well........

I hope there isn't a tank to the right of the screen when we wield that.

I don't like the new rocket launcher, they should keep the original and bring back the plasma riffle not the storm riffle, they shouldn't change the classic weapons if they are trying to recreate the classic Halo feel.

The classic weapons are outdated that's why the Plasma Rifle is gone but it might return because Arbiters elites might be using them. Regarding the rocket launcher we're not even sure if this is going to be the rocket launcher this might be something completely different

Indeed they are fairly similar weapons to what Halo 4 had. I see a few differences, but nothing major. I actually really liked most of the weapons in Halo 4. So, seeing that the guns look similar to the ones in Halo 4 it tells me that I most likely will like Halo 5. Although I think they should have maybe added a few updates to the guns, or maybe in the next game they will. Thanks for sharing this :P