Team Bonding!

Chris Rice

I am a frequent player of Halo4 and am really looking forward to the next installment.

Here's an idea I had regarding the 4 x 4 multi-player. I think it would be a good idea to define the capabilities of each team you are playing in a more transparent way. Not only would this keep good teams unified, it would help keep things more competitive, challenging and more rewarding for the gamer.

Here's the idea: With each consecutive win you had as a team, you could get the option to 'lock in' for the chance of winning bonus points / unlocks etc.

By 'locking in' it would mean essentially staying with your selected team mates. You would need 4 of you to agree in order to make this happen.

This would be visible to everyone in matchmaking by the background colour and revised team name.

So for example:

2 wins in a row (you are given the choice to lock in) - your team would then become visible in matchmaking with a gold style background with the tag 'unified' 

4 wins in a row - your team would be visible with a white style background - with tag 'focused'

6 wins in a row - your team would be visible with a red style background - with tag 'Deadly'

8 wins in a row - your team would be visible with a ginger style background - with tag 'Chuck Norris'

Tag's are subjective!!! But I think it would be great to add this element, it shows the opposition what they are up against. You'd also be more cautious with a team that were exceptionally good...the games would become more intense and fun.

I think it would bring a new dynamic to the matchmaking and could work quite well. Obviously this is all subject to personal opinion, but I hope the idea itself is seen as a popular one. You could perhaps have a separate game type to make this work.

If you achieved 10 successive team wins, you could unlock Armour or other bonuses. Any players that quit early midgame, would need to be penalized in some way. 

Be interested to hear what you all think...

(Kbone27)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So you essentially want to use the Idea of Halo 3 "Locking in"?

It's a nice idea, but it'll just mean it will be harder for lone players to find games cause a lot of people will be in teams, or the opposite effect of there will be no teams because 1 person decides they do not want to play.

I still think they'd be games for single players to find as not everyone will want to stay in their teams....it just means the teams that do stay together (there are a fair few that choose to do this already) will just be more visible and their team ability will become more apparent and easily defined to other matchmaking players.