The Halo Channel announced along with the Halo 5: Guardians beta date

Unease Peanut

The Halo Channel announced

hc2.0.JPG

At Gamescom, 343i announced that they will release a central hub called The Halo Channel.

From this hub you'll have acces to all halo games and content that will be available on the Xbox One.

The Master Chief Collection will of course be integrated in this hub and from within this channel you'll also be able to stream your gameplay to Twitch and show of your l33t skills.

They also made a small announcement regarding The Master Chief Collection.

They've now shed some light upon the ranking system which will be similair to the one in Halo 2.

Halo 5: Guardians beta date

halo5guardianse3610.jpg

Along with The Halo Channel announcement 343i gave us the time period in which we can play the Beta.

The Beta will be playable from the 29th of december untill the 18th of January. Which is 3 weeks playing time!

(Talk about a Happy New Year)

The Beta is focussed on 4v4 combat on 7 maps and 3 gametypes.

You'll also be able to play around with 11 different weapons and a few armour skins.

Along with all that you will be able to unlock items that will carry over to the full game.

Loadouts will not be in this beta so every Spartan starts out equally.

In the press conference 343i revealed some screenshots as well which can be viewed down here:

Gamescom-2014-Halo-5-Guardians-Multiplay

How hyped are you now?

Let me know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source

Source

Source

Source

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 7

"Loadouts will not be in this beta so every Spartan starts out equally."

That makes it sound like they'll be coming back in the full game...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

They might... They might not.

They haven't really specified that.

Wait... seven maps in the beta? :D

That's fantastic, as hopefully it means that there's going to be even more maps available once the full game is released. I'm a little disappointed by the fact that there aren't going to be loadouts in the beta, but hopefully they'll make a return, and if anything unlocked is going to carry over to the full game it'll be nice to be able to get a feel for it before I have to use it for real with my stats on the line.

• Like 2

"Loadouts will not be in this beta so every Spartan starts out equally."

That makes it sound like they'll be coming back in the full game...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Might be seeing what kind of reception they get for it.

Loadouts came to be because of all of the complaints about AR/DMR/BR starts in previous Halo releases.

If loadouts are in this game, and you have previously complained about the starting weapons in previous titles, you literally have no one to blame but yourselves if you don't like it.

I don't see harm in loadouts. It gives me the option to master my own play style and not everyone plays with br and have fun with that.

With loadouts I can change tactics on the fly.

I don't mind them either, but if getting rid of them means the return of the online population then I am for getting rid of them.

I always loved Halo Waypoint on the console because of the old Halo 1-3 music that would play while browsing stats. I would turn waypoint on just to listen to the soundtrack. So heavenly. + it's a decent place to get information on different story elements. I also thought that white and black sketch on waypoint comparing the sizes of ships and random objects in the universe was really cool. Excited to use the new features!