Master Chief Collection on PC !?!

Hey 343i community,

I was just browsing good ol' Youtube today when I found

THIS

surprising bit of news that yet reignites the demand to see Halo enter the PC world (again), in all of its glory. I sure hope it does, as it would save me from buying a new console just to play the games on an inferior system. How BA would this be? It would not be great marketing on Microsoft's part to release a PC version of the collection, at least at launch, but my God would it make a LOT of gamers happy. You guys think the hype is real?

I saw this. On a few different Amazon sites, MCC was listed as a PC game...

BUT Microsoft commented that it was probably just a glitch and reiterated that MCC WILL NOT come to PC. You also have to put into account that this listing might just be an anticipated placeholder: as in Amazon preparing a spot for the game IF it comes to PC, and not an official listing that it is on PC.

But we can only hope that the listing was legit. Amazon leaked a few other games well before their release dates. Like that dude in the video says, Mortal Kombat X, and Tekken 7 were a couple of them. (plus I've heard they leaked GTA V for PC as well but I have to go see if that's true).

• Like 1

I really wish there was more actual thought into topics on this board than

"OMG I WANT HALO ON TEH PC XDDDD"

It's not coming to the PC, Halo 3 maybe, But a PC couldn't handle MCC in the first place, to large for most PC's unless you can afford to spend £2000 on a graphics card plus a PC that can actually run it, along with any other game.

343 said it wouldn't come to the PC, they're trying to up the sales of the Xbox One, of which it almost assuredly will

Besides if you're really the "Mastur race" why not play some of your PC games? Or are they not interesting enough people have to beg for a new title?

• Like 1

MS will NOT release MCC for PC. 

MS will NOT work against the fiasco of the XBONE. 

MS will NOT allow PC players modify, redesign and alter the graphics of the existing game. 

Why? 

Because in this business the purpose is to rescue the dying XBONE. With these exclusive titles MS could sustain the console. This is one of the right magnets to attract public to their console. The PS4 carved a dent on MS industry and the only way they can recoup the investment is through console sales and a numerous installed base. Otherwise MS will close their console game division. 

I really wish there was more actual thought into topics on this board than "OMG I WANT HALO ON TEH PC XDDDD" It's not coming to the PC, Halo 3 maybe, But a PC couldn't handle MCC in the first place, to large for most PC's unless you can afford to spend £2000 on a graphics card plus a PC that can actually run it, along with any other game. 343 said it wouldn't come to the PC, they're trying to up the sales of the Xbox One, of which it almost assuredly will Besides if you're really the "Mastur race" why not play some of your PC games? Or are they not interesting enough people have to beg for a new title?

In all actuality, any graphics card roughly <$150 (like £125) has greater graphics processing capability than the X1, and storage is certainly no issue with the price of modern hard drives. I realize it is very unlikely for MS to release a PC version, as it would be bad marketing on their part, but I like to keep the dream alive. I'm no PC master race, and have been playing Halo, each one, since 2001, which is likely to be before come of the community members were even born. I would only like to see a PC port to A) save money, B ) experience greater graphical fidelity on superior equipment, and C) see the collection last longer than it would on X1 alone. The Xbox can only last so long, but PCs are forever.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue isn't that a PC can't run it. A very expensive PC can indeed run it with ease. The issue is that

1. We're not 343i

2. It's never gonna happen, ever, because it's unprofitable.

3. There really shouldn't be more topics of this sort than legitimate topics discussing the XB1 release.