Hello everyone, and welcome to another issue of the Weekly News Wrap-Up! Before I start, I'd like to honour my grandmother, Maria, who unfortunately passed on. Her birthday was yesterday and I went to visit her grave for the first time in years. She was an amazing woman, who worked all day and raised a household of three children in a country where immigrants like her had to work hard for every cent they made. May she rest in peace, her legacy live on. Now, unto the wrap-up.

post-26953-0-07252100-1407621378.jpg

Battlefield 4 Free On Origin For 7 Days

Though many haven't heard, EA has launched a new rewards program on Origin known as 'Game Time', which was covered on the Weekly News Wrap-Up when Titanfall was free. Origin.com reports that this time players can get Battlefield 4 for free for the next week, an odd choice of game considering Titanfall, a much fresher game, came before this in the game time service. You can pick Battlefield 4 up on  August 14th at 10:00 A.M. Pacific Time. Once you start playing, the clock ticks down, so if you choose to grab it now and don't play it for another week, fear not, for it's tied to each player's game time. If you wish to buy Battlefield 4 on PC after, all your achievements and data are saved thanks to Origin. The clock does in fact run down even while you're away, as long as the game is activated. 

post-26953-0-57370200-1407621363.jpg

Are you picking Battlefield 4 up in this exclusive deal, or does it not interest you enough to snag? Debate below!

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC Specifications Revealed

If any of you are picking up Advanced Warfare over Steam this fall, you might be wondering what it's specifications are so that you can prepare your computer for the game, if so I have great news! IGN.com reports that Activision has shown off the specifications, and I'll walk you through them. You'll need Windows 7 or Windows 8, both need to be 64 bit. You're going to need an Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ (Gigahertz) or an AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better processor, with Intel Core i5 - 680 recommended. Next up, a MINIMUM 6GB Ram or 8GB recommended Ram, and 40GB worth of HDD space. A NVIDIA GeForce GTX or ATI Radeon are needed, with NVIDIA GeForce's better models being more recommended. Finally, any DirectX compatible sound card will do. To put that in perspective, Call of Duty Ghosts had nearly the same specifications, even down to the required space.

post-26953-0-13513700-1407621353_thumb.jpg

Is your PC up to par to run Advanced Warfare, will you be purchasing the game for PC? Let me know below!

Far Cry 4 Creative Lead Discusses Game; Claims Improvements Made

One of the hottest games of Fall 2014, Far Cry 4, the sequel to the 2012 action game Far Cry 3, has been critically acclaimed by critics so far with it's intense trailers and immense hype. WIth all of this hype however, people may fear the game is too similar to it's predecessor, but Creative Director Alex Hutchinson was interviewed by GameSpot.com and discussed his time on the project. He said, "For me, the most important things are enabling more player agency, building better tools and adding co-op so people can create more interesting player stories, and trying to make a seamless experience." He also described how gameplay would challenge the player in new and inventive ways, and among other things stated the fresh dynamic between the main protagonist and antagonist, with the villain of the game not actually wanting to kill the hero. Alex teased Spartan Ops-esque missions as well, set outside the main area, possibly connecting Far Cry 3 to Far Cry 4? For now, we don't know, he refused to comment more and told us we'd have new details on these missions, being developed outside of the Ubisoft branch making the main game, soon.

post-26953-0-21774600-1407621342_thumb.jpg

Are you excited for Far Cry 4; Have you pre-ordered? Discuss in the thread!

Thanks for reading everyone, gotta end here as I've gotta eat, but I'll see you all next week on the WEEKLY. NEWS. WRAP-UP.

Badoosh.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 3

Sorry about your grandmother dude, but it's great that you got to see her grave again. Anyways, Battlefield 4 being released for free? OF COURSE I'M GONNA GET IT haha :D! And I think many other people are going to as well, especially as it isn't as much of a broken mess as it used to be :). As for Far Cry 4 I don't even care if the game is too similar to the last one it's still something new with the larger, different map and a different environment with new mechanics and animals. For me that's enough of a change to spice the series up a bit. The only thing they need to add, for me at least is a Vaas reference easter egg. I'm not going to pre-order though as I never do unless it's a Halo game :D. Nice article Edward Kenway :D.

Sorry about you grandmother, she sounded like a lovely lady.

Now about the article.

My PC almost commint suicide when playing TF2... So I'll pass on the PC games.

I've never really played any Far Cry so I doubt I'll but this one.

Nice wrap-up :thumbsup:

Ah CoD why do you have to be so demanding on PC? Oh well I'll just get AW on X1. Spartan opsish missions? Hopefully these aren't repetitive like SO other than that sounds promising I can't wait to get FC4. I could barely run the Hardline beta so I don't think I'll get BF4 on PC.