Ryse: Son of Rome Coming to PC

The popular Xbox One ''exclusive'' Ryse: Son of Rome is getting a PC release this fall on digital download locations like Steam, and full retail releases handled by Deep Silver.

Ryse: Son of Rome was a very poorly received game by most critics, with the general public calling the game mediocre, needing quite a bit of work, and with the hype already dead and buried, this news may surprise you. According to IGN.com, Crytek has announced that due to community demand a PC release is underway, for digital download and retail, following the path of Xbox One exclusives like Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall. Crytek has said that the game will include all add-ons, some that were originally exclusive to the Day One Edition of Ryse on the Xbox One, and 4K resolution. Crytek made a long statement, saying, "We’ve given our team the opportunity to show what CRYENGINE can really achieve, without compromising quality. . .Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future. Our community asked for a Ryse PC version, and we have the means and technology to deliver this title with the highest quality possible.” Removing all of the praise to PC Hardware, Crytek is basically stating how the community of fans for the game wished for a PC port remastering the quality, and that's what they're doing. No release is confirmed, but it is coming sometime in the fall, if it doesn't get delayed.

post-26953-0-73552400-1407467393_thumb.jpg

What do you think about this news, has this destroyed any incentive to buy or own an Xbox One? Discuss it below, thanks for reading the article!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

Well I already have an Xbox One, never really wanted to get this game although it did serve well as an exclusive for the console (got it quite a lot of sales). I don't think it ruins many peoples incentive to get the Xbox One. The hype for that game died long ago in 2013, people wouldn't want to get an Xbox One just for that game at present date anyway. Although I might be wrong, I'm pretty sure it won't disturb sales :).

Well it just so happens that I'm going to be getting a new laptop soon, so this is perfect for me!

Sales shouldn't be disturbed too much, mainly because this game isn't as popular I don't think.