Evolve delayed until February 2015

NaG2F4G.png

(pictured above) The Hunters vs the Goliath

Evolve, the highly anticipated game created by Left 4 Dead creators Turtle Rock Studios, has been pushed back to February 10th, 2015 (compared to the original release of October 21st, 2014). I will be quoting Gamespot for this.

According to Gamespot, 2K Games originally announced Evolve's delay as they released their Financial Results for the "Most Recent Quarter", and during a call with investors, Take-Two's President Karl Slatoff said:

"We are encouraged by the overwhelmingly positive response from press and fans, and believe by extending development by a few months, it will allow the team enough time to fully realize their creative vision for Evolve,"

Then later on in the call, Take-Two's CEO Strauss Zelnick replied to a question with:

"Historically, we've always benefited from giving the creative teams more time to polish the titles; we've never regretted it." Gamespot did not post the full transcript, but they said that Zelnick noted February was a ,"pretty terrific release window. It's not at all crowded, and we will benefit from the fact that there are a lot of holiday sales of consoles so the install base will be bigger."

The player-controlled Goliath

6GnmnLX.png

Turtle Rock seems to be doing what allot of other Devs are doing: delaying games to 2015 to allow for "More Polish Time", like Rocksteady Studios' Batman: Arkham Knight.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing if the games are delayed for Polishing, but if too many devs start delaying the games, then we won't have much to look forward to in 2014 (well except the MCC :hrhr: ). On the flipside 2015 is looking to be a REALLY great year of games.

Just 4 of the slew of Hunter options in Evolve

ELsDpmJ.png

For those who do not know what Evolve is:

Evolve is a 4v1vE game similar to Left 4 Dead. 4 players are Hunters in FPS, and it's their job to take down the player controlled "Monster" (who is controlled in 3rd person), while killing/surviving against dangerous AI wildlife on the different maps.

The Hunters have options for varying classes who each have their own personalities/looks, loadouts, and abilities (as seen in the picture above).

Monster Upgrade Menu with the Kraken present

zm6KdZL.png

The player has multiple Monster, and Hunter options that have their own unique abilities, strengths, and weaknesses + multiple upgrades.

So far 2 different Monster classes were revealed: the hulking fire-breathing Goliath, and the Kraken (pictured above): a slender hovering Cthulhu like creature.

The Monster however "evolves" to become stronger, bigger, and more formidable by differing variables, and the Hunter's aim to take it out before it can become too powerful.

- - - - -

Evolve is planned for release on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on February 10th, 2015 ; last-gen has yet to receive any confirmation of release.

Thoughts?

Source: Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/evolve-delayed-until-2015-after-being-positioned-a/1100-6421528/

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

Meh. They need more time to polish it up; that's fine by me - better than rushing out a poopy game. 

I wonder if it'll cost the same as a usual AAA title - because it feels a bit like Titanfall to me. It has a really cool twist to multiplayer, but that's all there is to it. Hope to see more.

I still have Monster Hunter 4 that I can play for some hunting action though.

GOD DAMMIT I'M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW BUT SO THANKFUL THAT THEY HAVE MORE TIME MY GOD SO CONFLICTING

It's sad, but on the bright side my wallet's gonna friggin explode in February, not October, when I'll have more moola. Plus, I can wipe Evolve off the Holiday Season list, you got lucky AC Rogue.

Great article Pinky, gonna promote it.

• 1 month later...

Sounds good to me, I'd rather have it delayed and improved. The graphics looks great, it seems like a game that's really unique to others. It's really different to anything I've seen before and I'm sure it'll get a lot of attention when released. I'm not in a rush to get it, but if it turns out to be successful, I'll consider getting it.