Hackers find Microsoft Point exploit

XeClutch

Recently a few people in the modding scene that I know found a exploit in the 'Guide.MP.Purchase.xex' and 'xam.xex' that allows users with hacked consoles to edit a few offsets in memory and POOF, you now have $1337.00 in MSP spoofed to your account. Luckily this has been kept private for a few dashboards but the admin (Domo) of Xbox Live Hammer recently added this to his online server. Now anyone running the XBLHammer online files and that purchases online time from him will have spoofed Microsoft Points.

Luckily this exploit is only available to people with hacked consoles (JTAG, RGH-1, RGH-2, R-JTAG) but this has been a problem for Microsoft.

Microsoft is now aware of the issue and will more than likely be issuing a system update in the near future resolving this exploit.

What are your guys' thoughts?

apadle.jpg

• Like 1

The people who use this exploit, should be banned immediately, in my opinion all people with hacked consoles should be. I admit I pirate some stuff as well, but never commited fraud. isn't this a criminal offence, I mean this looks a lot like stealing.

• Like 2

The people who use this exploit, should be banned immediately, in my opinion all people with hacked consoles should be. I admit I pirate some stuff as well, but never commited fraud. isn't this a criminal offence, I mean this looks a lot like stealing.

This can be considered counterfeit which could literally have the secret service at your door. This exploit is very illegal and what makes it worse is the guy Domo is selling it with his online service.

I wouldn't say all people using hacked consoles should be banned, I use them and I find them easier to get around, I like customizability so for my consoles I only use offline they all run Freestyle Dash. If you don't know what this is I suggest you look it up, it's really cool.

If I were a Xbox Live Moderator, I would console ban, and permanently account ban them. That's basically fraud, plus the added modified console to it. I wouldn't be surprised if they also got an IP ban. But then again this also proves Microsoft needs to "up" their security on their consoles. 

If I were a Xbox Live Moderator, I would console ban, and permanently account ban them. That's basically fraud, plus the added modified console to it. I wouldn't be surprised if they also got an IP ban. But then again this also proves Microsoft needs to "up" their security on their consoles. 

Wouldn't you rather do a Law Suit? That seems more discipline than not letting them play on that specific console. And you can always change your IP.

Wouldn't you rather do a Law Suit? That seems more discipline than not letting them play on that specific console. And you can always change your IP.

Law suit? I was just talking about if I was just working for MS, If I was head of it then yes. A law suit would be appropriate. 

Law suit? I was just talking about if I was just working for MS, If I was head of it then yes. A law suit would be appropriate. 

You don't have to be head of Microsoft to issue a law suit. I'm sure if you were to contact your supervisor (Which is your boss, but not head boss) you could probably work it out with him/her and provide the details. Then the supervisor would go from there. That's basically your job to inform the supervisor about it.

• 3 months later...

Right when a Modder gets banned all they have to do is replace his/her KV and they are unbanned.

Same goes with PS3

Same For IP/MAC address ban they can mask their ip or spoof their mac address.

This exploit is now fully private and is not released.

So never ending free games for them? That's good to hear. :hope: