Announcement --- The First Halo: Master Chief Collection - Community Event!

MCPO Mayh3m

I like the idea, and would join this...

However, Campaign always comes before MP. Especially when it's with one of your best friends, and on Halo 2. I probably won't be getting it on Nov.11th anyway. Have fun and relive those memories. There will surely be many more events to come on the MCC. Of that I am certain. 

I like the idea, and would join this...

However, Campaign always comes before MP. Especially when it's with one of your best friends, and on Halo 2. I probably won't be getting it on Nov.11th anyway. Have fun and relive those memories. There will surely be many more events to come on the MCC. Of that I am certain. 

There is quite possibly something in the works for Campaign. ;)

._.

I don't know about everyone else, but there's a chance I'm not speaking just for myself when I say that I would be happier if I went through campaign first. :P I don't know any of the Halo 2 gametypes, I haven't played that game and situated myself into it's control schemes, mechanics and more, and I also haven't played through the game's campaign, ever.

If this drags on to a time when I'm done, or if it reaches a point where it becomes timezone suitable, or if I'm not doing schoolwork, I'd see if I can join.

Nice tag, by the way. That Master Chief capitalisation.

Edited by Ignited Bullet

This is one of those times when I can't stand being in Europe...

Thing is, Europeans get this on the 14th. We don't get it on the 11th. Why Europe? That's my question. We're all human, we're all equal, why is it that people in Europe have to get this 3 days later.

As you can tell, I obviously won't be able to make this and that's a shame because this is one Even I'd really like to make, and I'm sure many others would too.

Have fun when the day comes everyone, us living in Europe will just be waiting here playing Destiny or something until the 14th...unless you order the game from America, which I doubt many would do.

Thing is, Europeans get this on the 14th. We don't get it on the 11th. Why Europe? That's my question. We're all human, we're all equal, why is it that people in Europe have to get this 3 days later.

As you can tell, I obviously won't be able to make this and that's a shame because this is one Even I'd really like to make, and I'm sure many others would too.

Have fun when the day comes everyone, us living in Europe will just be waiting here playing Destiny or something until the 14th...unless you order the game from America, which I doubt many would do.

Dammit I totally forgot. welp can't join then.

If I recall correctly when it was explained to me, the reason for the delay in release dates depends greatly on where the game is licensed to be manufactured. 

It is generally cheaper for an American based company to manufacture their games in the United States and then ship to other countries. For instance, a company hires one manufacturer to make 1,000,000 copies of a game, then proceeds to ship those copies to other countries.

At this point I can hear you thinking, "Well why don't they spring for next day delivery or something?"

Because that's not physically possible with the weight of 500,000 disks in cases. So, the game is able to be quickly shipped throughout it's country of origin, but takes a few days to be shipped to other countries. Thus, the US gets a release date of the 11th, and Europe gets the 14th.

If I recall correctly when it was explained to me, the reason for the delay in release dates depends greatly on where the game is licensed to be manufactured. 

It is generally cheaper for an American based company to manufacture their games in the United States and then ship to other countries. For instance, a company hires one manufacturer to make 1,000,000 copies of a game, then proceeds to ship those copies to other countries.

At this point I can hear you thinking, "Well why don't they spring for next day delivery or something?"

Because that's not physically possible with the weight of 500,000 disks in cases. So, the game is able to be quickly shipped throughout it's country of origin, but takes a few days to be shipped to other countries. Thus, the US gets a release date of the 11th, and Europe gets the 14th.

I understand that and that's fair enough, but what I don't get is that some parts of Europe (mainly the West) are closer to America than some other continents and countries, why make Europe get it 3 days later and have other places get it on release? This wasn't a problem with previous Halo games, I just hope it won't be like this with ones such as Halo 5: Guardians. Luckily most of us have already played Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 so there's nothing too big we're missing out on. But those 3 days are going to be real long.

Anyway, again, have fun to all of those able to attend, but most of all, give the Covenant hell.

• 2 weeks later...