Bungie/Martin O'Donnell Lawsuit Settled; $95,000 Owed to O'Donnell

After a massive case brooded over Bungie and it's composer for over a decade, Martin O'Donnell, the lawsuit has been canceled pre-maturely, with a large settlement to be handed over to Martin.

Halo_3_Midnight_Madness_Bellevue_Best_Bu

For years, Martin O'Donnells rhythms filled our ears as we mowed down a hostile alien force in the game, Halo, however Martin was tragically fired in April after an incident between himself and the people he had worked with for over a decade. It was soon announced that Martin was striking back with a heavy lawsuit, but VentureBeat.com reports that lawsuit isn't happening anymore. According to them, Martin reached a deal with Bungie's president Harold Ryan to cut Martin a grand total of 95,000 United States Dollars. This money compensates for Bungie policies not enacted, law settlements, and other debts to Martin. He had claimed that Bungie and Ryan owed him for policies like unused Vacation pay and absence funds. 

Who do you think is in the right here, is Martin the innocent man who was fired without a just cause and owed what he earned, or is Harold being stripped of his profits as part of an unfair scapegoat? Let me know below, thanks for reading. I'd like to also thank the site Moderator RedStarRocket91 for posting this for me!

Source: Venturebeat.com

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

Daym..... that loss of money has got to sting.....

I wonder what Marty will do next ?

Maybe 343 will hire him ?

Or another game studio ?

Maybe he goes into the film industry ?

Who knows, but I am really looking forward to finding out. :)

Edited by Caboose the Ace

Daym..... that loss of money has got to sting.....

I wonder what Marty will do next ?

Maybe 343 will hire him ?

Or another game studio ?

Maybe he goes into the film industry ?

Who knows, but I am really looking forward to finding out. :)

for a company like Bungie $95,000 isn't a massive amount

But heres to hoping he stays in the music industry and keeps making great music

• 4 weeks later...