Halo 2 Anniversary should release on Xbox 360

Dominatorr15

Although it might earn more money, it would also limit the MCC's features because it has to be compatible with an older system.

The 360 has had it's time and 343i is now using the Xbox One as their building platform.

The Halo series is looking to move on from the 360. The hardware limitations for it at this point are just too bold to not move forward. Games need to progress. 

I don't really like a box with disc trays flapping at me anyways.

The Halo series is looking to move on from the 360. The hardware limitations for it at this point are just to bold to not move forward. Games need to progress. 

I don't really like a box with disc trays flapping at me anyways.

yeah kinda like the new Wolfenstein I wouldn't want a game that has 4 discs thats just stupid

yeah kinda like the new Wolfenstein I wouldn't want a game that has 4 discs thats just stupid

When I got my GTA V, the disc tray in the box broke off the moment I opened it. A minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. I'll be glad to see no more disc trays for the next 7 or 8 years. Hopefully never.

When I got my GTA V, the disc tray in the box broke off the moment I opened it. A minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. I'll be glad to see no more disc trays for the next 7 or 8 years. Hopefully never.

NOW THE HALO MASTERCHIEF COLLECTION FOR XBOX 360, only 6 discs of which 4 are a mandatory install, go back to the age old ritual of installing games with 6 floppy drives!

• Like 1

Looking at this from a programmers perspective they would more than likely lose money doing this and I am sure Microsoft is a big influence for them not to do it.

In order for the game to run on both the 360 and the One there engine would need to compile 2 seperate executables that run on completely different architectures. The Xbox 360 runs .xex (Xenon Executable) and has a IBM PowerPC processing unit which reads from the PowerPC assembly language. The Xbox One runs .xvd (I think, still not sure) and has a standard x86 processing unit which reads the standard assembly language. While both processing units are 32-bit they are still much to different. It would cost them too much money to have the engine compile a seperate version for the 360.

Even if they did they would have to have seperate models with less graphic fidelity then the ones of the Xbox One. There is a major power gap between the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One that people don't really understand, the 360 simply cannot run this game.

Microsoft has more than likely encouraged them not to do this anyways because think of it like this. I am a budget gamer, I have very little to spend on games but when something like Halo comes along I always make an exception. I not only would purchase MCC but I would also purchase an Xbox One seeing as I don't already have one. This means $60 profit for 343 and $400 profit for Microsoft just from me. There are loads of people that I know personally that are buying an Xbox One just for this game and I know there are loads more people out there doing the same.

MCC on the 360 is a nice idea but it's just not going to happen.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...