343i 39th Weekly Community Poll

Buns

Welcome to the 39th 343i Weekly Community Poll!

WP2bd2d.png

Last week I asked all of you if you wanted 343i to focus on fun additions or

crafting a perfect arena experience for Halo 5. Here are the results of

the poll:

Perfect Arena Experience! Lets see what our favorite overlord Azaxx has to say

Azaxx, on 15 Jul 2014 - 03:38 AM, said:

I say perfect a combative arena, Halo 4 was an experiment to see how the Halo community evolved and matured, and clearly showed that it was in the heavy favour of competitive play.

So for 343i to be successful in having a large amount of players on their servers for an extended amount of time, they need to perfect a competitive arena type multiplayer. Once they do that, they can add in smaller fun things like the Gungoose (or bringing back the Spectre dammit), but in order to keep the players, an arena is the top priority.

This week we can discuss one of the very unique aspect of Halo that has been an additional feature in later Halo games. Sometimes we like destroying scrubs in matchmaking, and other times we enjoy obliterating grunts in Firefight.

Should Firefight or Spartan Ops return? Or a new PvE(Player Vs Environment) mode entirely? Or maybe you think 343i should just remove it entirely? 

odst-firefight-2-091509.jpg

Please leave your thoughts and vote down below!

Deadline: 7/27/2014 @ 9pm EST

Thank you so much for participating in this weeks poll.

See you all next week! :horse:

Have a question, complaint, or suggestion pertaining to this or next weeks poll? Message Bnus

• Like 4

As much as I liked Firefight, I have to give my side to Spartan ops... If it receives some improvement. Firefight I liked because you got to hold down against continuous waves of ever stronger and more powerful enemies that are aided by the skull system to absolutely wreck you if you're not up to the challenge, the fabulous editing in Reach was good too. But Spartan Ops, I love it as it is a continuation of the story, that there is a reason that you are holding down against the opponents, not "if it bleeds, shoot it."

If they increase the SO 's storylines more, along with cutscenes that involve you and a better look at the situation itself, it will be absolutely perfect. 10 second clips of a pelican landing is not a story, sorry. With a little tinkering, it could be a very popular mode, perhaps more than firefight... But I'd like to talk skulls, as well.

Edited by -Sparky-
  • Like 3

Oh I know a great PvE mode!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit

In other words there needs to be a new PvE... :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and a team (or just you) of Spartan IV's are sent to different parts of this Halo infested Flood world. All you are equipped with are Flamethrowers and Incendiary grenades, trying to wipe out all flood in mandatory area's that have been quarantined off. 

I liked Firefight, and I liked Spartan Ops, but neither of them have emerged as the True "Third" component of Halo. Call of Duty has Zombies, Gears of War has horde, even TF2 found it's third out a while ago with MvM. (This list could go on and on)

Something has to step up and take that spot the next Halo game. Whether it be an enhanced version of either SPOPS or Firefight, or something else entirely. Just make it fun and challenging.

Also... What is the description of a PvE? Is that like a new thing or what because I've never heard of it until recently.

I think a new PvE would be in order. I think it should be like a air battle with pelicans, banshees, vampires, phantoms, hornets, falcons,  sephres ,and sabres.

Now I like this. This, is what I'd like to see.

My vote goes to a new PvE, especially if it's anything like that. I'd love to see air vehicles used in this new PvE. Any vehicles at all are good. Maybe add in a troop transport hog. It could be like Special Operations missions and every mission has a different theme or setting. They all have different objectives that can be approached in different ways. I'd love to see that. That's something 343 can do.

Why+dont+we+just+have+both+_b886da0be668

I mean why can't we have Firefight and Spartan Ops?

I'd like to see Firefight return in a Halo: ODST style which you know... is actually a challenge to play through instead of flying around with Fuel rod cannons *cough* Halo: Reach *cough*

And the first season of SO had a open ending so we'd be able to have a second season with weekly or monthly episodes just like in Halo 4.

• Like 1

Spartan Ops has potential, but it badly needs work. The actual gameplay of it was terrible and not worth suffering through for any story.

Firefight should come back, with more challenges and support for the ODST style of it. Reach's firefight was meh compared to ODSTs, which did manage to provide a challenge.

The most ideal situation is to have both on there but obviously that is highly unlikely. When in comes to picking one or the other firefight seems like the better pick for me although I would almost prefer to have Spartan Ops reworked. I think the idea that 343i had of making the player feel s/he is part of the lore with the infinity/war games theme they had going on is an absolutely great idea but I would consider the way it was executed to be done poorly. Spartan Ops having a very linear story line made me feel like it was just another campaign.

I would suggest to make games like "The Wolf Among Us" and "The Walking Dead" by Telltale Games an example when reworking it. I'm not saying to completely copy them, instead to give the player the element of choice. Choice is what makes Telltale's games so engaging, and if 343i is aiming for that, I feel that there is no better way to achieve it. How it would be executed? Well that would be the tricky part but I don't doubt 343i's ability in doing so successfully. 

I not saying Spartan Ops yet, and Firefight should be in Every HALO Game, PvE is my secondary pic, I like all these aspects! My idea, of what Spartan Ops should have been, didn't happen! I thought Spartan Ops was gonna be an ongoing Champaign, separate from the master chief's Champaign Main Objective.

As far as PvE, I'm with Promethian Knight for the most part! I've even started making a Comic Storyline Based on the flood, and a toxic planet being harvested for Bio-Fuels which starts a fight between the covi's and humans, I haven't any images yet but I hope to introduce Acidic Artillery and Weapons. Here's a link if you'd like to read the story line:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/36905-halo-syoghost-haz-ops-comic-storyline/?p=328911

I would love it if the focus was more on pvp matchmaking. I miss halo 3 matchmaking as it was much more rewarding to achieve a high ranking and it was substantially more difficult than simply leveling up and having your rank show little more than your time invested in the game. I personally believe neither firefight nor spartan ops should make a return as I have never logged on and seen the majority of the halo population on either game types.