Why a Halo MMO is a bad idea.

CyberGama

If you played one of the previous single player games that turned into an MMO, you know that it was going to suck, here are the 2 games i can think of

- Star Wars KOTOR

- Elder Scrolls

Making a Halo MMO would ruin the entire story, just like it did to ES and KOTOR because there MMO's, think about it, you play a single player game and its great, but when it turns into an  MMO it sucks, why, well because all of the mmo's play like Wow, SWTOR plays like Wow, and the ESO play like Wow, also when theres an mmo theres repetitive quest as well, the only mmo game that doesn't suck is GW2, and its still happening every MMO is still becoming like Wow, my recommendation.

DON'T BUY SINGLE PLAYER GAMES THAT TURNS INTO A MMO.

I've never played an MMO, but Halo seems like it has things that could be good in it...

and then I look back and see all the things that could go wrong with it. I wouldn't say I want them to stick to the status quo for Halo games, but just not this.

The fact being, FPS MMO's are usually weak. Not to mention, it's something that really doesn't need to exist

Planetside 2

A Halo MMO would actually work really well if it is done in the style of Planetside 2 with less freedom(to be lore friendly)

Also I enjoyed ES: Online and SWTOR. I thought both were decent at what they did. Opinions are awesome~

• Like 1

If they did it right they could make a MMO spin off  but i wouldnt trust it in 343's hands

343 made a mistake, the only thing to redeem themselves is halo 5, but 343 did what bungie couldn't do, get every single halo game and put it in one disc, on there original engine, and all on 1080p, that seems quite enough for me to trust them, and with the changes they made, i'm sure they can halo 5 the best game, Microsoft..... now thats a different story.

Haven't played ES: Online.

I like SWTOR though.

The fact being, FPS MMO's are usually weak. Not to mention, it's something that really doesn't need to exist.

Don't by ESO, they ruined the whole thing,

- repetitive quest

- boring story

- enemies carry 1 gold or 2

Basicly it feels like a beta

343 made a mistake, the only thing to redeem themselves is halo 5, but 343 did what bungie couldn't do, get every single halo game and put it in one disc, on there original engine, and all on 1080p, that seems quite enough for me to trust them, and with the changes they made, i'm sure they can halo 5 the best game, Microsoft..... now thats a different story.

Don't by ESO, they ruined the whole thing,

- repetitive quest

- boring story

- enemies carry 1 gold or 2

Basicly it feels like a beta

like i said if the right company got a hold of it 

Halo really could be a good MMO

Planetside 2

A Halo MMO would actually work really well if it is done in the style of Planetside 2 with less freedom(to be lore friendly)

Also I enjoyed ES: Online and SWTOR. I thought both were decent at what they did. Opinions are awesome~

Planetside 2 is relatively weak. At least in my opinion.

Planetside 2 is relatively weak. At least in my opinion.

To a point it is, but it is the only good FPSMMO out there. My issue with it is the floaty gunplay and the 1000 players. Sounds good on paper but doesn't always work :hrhr:

I play ESO

I play the elder scrolls since Daggerfall (1998 when I got it)

As someone who knows the lore, the games and the world. The Elder Scrolls Online is a dream come true, it is by far one of the most refreshing mmo's I played in years and the adding of content, the improvement of immersion by making more things possible while first person, the upcoming justice system. I have the feeling it is here to stay.

SWTOR screwed up in one department and that is the lack of actually refreshing gameplay, a run of the mill mmo with some amazing story elements.

Halo should never go mmo, how much my heart squeels at the thought, it should not happen.

• Like 2

Okay, I understand and I think that a MMO halo game would be awesome!  I think that it would be a big step for the halo universe and there would be a lot of expectations.  Look at Halo Wars for instance.  It's not your FPS but, it has it's own merits. So perhaps I wouldn't mind seeing a MMO game with the Halo twist. Also, I see a whole lot of problems arising but hasn't the creative minds of the gaming community overcome such challenges?