I'm not late, it doesn't count! We have your usual three articles today, tried to spice it up by making them a bit more diverse this time around. So sit down, get your popcorn, and prepare for- What? I need to leave the premises? Why? I don't work here anymore? That's insane! You're getting the swat dogs, okay I'm out! Before we start the link in the article below does contain coarse language, viewer discretion is advised.

post-26953-0-40162000-1405822801.jpg

Ashley Johnson (Ellie, The Last of Us) Responds to Ubisoft Female Assassin Controversy

Ubisoft has been under heavy fire from Gaming Press, Gamers, and men and women alike in the gaming media for their decision to not include a playable female Assassin in Assassin's Creed Unity. Ashley Johnson, best known as Ellie from The Last of Us, is one of those women, as she has fired at Ubisoft according to Polygon.com. Leaving out Ashley's choice words likely too mature to be fully stated here, she is completely against the decision, saying, "It's 2014! How many video games do you have to make to realize maybe have an option to have a female be in there?" Her co-star in the game, Troy Baker, has made a much less volatile statement, cautioning the idea of forced inclusion of females. Ubisoft has tried to quell the massive response of angered gamers, but even their wide array of efforts have done little to stop people. Ubisoft is composed of a diverse library of employees, men, women, foreigners, and for the most part anything in between. They were also under similar fire for controversy over the Far Cry 4 cover art showcasing a lighter skinned man holding down a darker skinned man.

post-26953-0-01566200-1405822032_thumb.jpg

What's your take on this ridiculous controversy? Debate below!

Sony announces two new PS4 bundles in Japan: Custom Destiny Bundle and The Last of Us Bundle
PlayStation 4 bundles have been popping up in massive degrees lately, between the Driveclub bundle announced and the recent questionable Frozen bundle, Japan has a wide variety of different PlayStation 4s to choose from, and now we can add two more to that list. IGN.com states that Sony has announced a Destiny bundle with a custom console, and a The Last of Us Remastered bundle with a custom TLOU: R themed PS4. The Destiny bundle is the same as it is here in United States, save for the Destiny logo imprinted unto the console. The Last of Us Remastered bundle includes the game, the PlayStation 4 with the two main characters on the cover, and the DualShock 4, all in their signature black. Destiny is slightly different sporting the Sony logo on it's bottom right corner as well, as it is a PS4 exclusive in Japan. The bundles will likely be the same price as your typical game/console bundle. 

post-26953-0-68665800-1405822053.jpg

Do you think either bundle will come to any other country, and would you purchase it if it came to yours? Let me know below!

Xbox One Summer Update Features Mobile Purchases, 3D Blu-Ray Compatibility, and More
The Xbox One has received quite a few helpful updates following it's launch about a year ago, including a helpful video editor. Major Nelson, or Larry Hyrb, reported on Xbox.com that an update will be available next month. These features include a refined Activity feed, a whole area dedicated to your friends and their activities on the hub, mobile purchases allowing you to buy Xbox items from your device or computer, a low battery notification that pops up on your screen, the ability to turn off notifications during video playback, an enabler for 3D Blu-Ray, an old feature returning from the Xbox 360 allowing you to see what your friends were last doing and when, and OneGuide in a slue of other countries. The countries that will offer OneGuide include Brazil, Mexico, Ireland, and Austria.

post-26953-0-25472100-1405822601_thumb.jpg

What do you think of the new updates, will you be utilizing any of them? Discuss in the comments!

Thanks for reading the Weekly News Wrap-Up everyone, I'll see you next time! 

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 4

People are outraged... Over this...?

*sigh* I hate this world.

"They were also under similar fire for controversy over the Far Cry 4 cover art showcasing a lighter skinned man holding down a darker skinned man" please...please...Just stop the Hypersensitivity...

It bothers me that there are very few female protagonists in video games. Even when we do get them generally it is due to the option of switching between male and female, with male being the primary choice. I don't think they are being sexist however. It just seems like they are going with the flow of most every other game out there that has been produced, which have male leads.

I would at least have the option of having a female character instead of a male character, if having a straight up female protagonist isn't available from the start. It adds different options to the game that you otherwise would skip out on.

well regarding AC U you have to understand that it's like Watch_Dogs when you do co-op you will see yourself as Arno and other players will see you as someone else so the choice of playing as a female Assassin doesn't really exist since Arno is the protagonist of ACU perhaps when the co-op mode is more refined there'll be a choice.

great wrap up Ed

I bet you wouldn't hear a thing when your average white man wasn't playable... People should just stop being so hypersensitive and stop interpreting these minor things as insulting.

Besides playable female characters would just lead to a bunch of guys making pictures of dat butt.

Also about the Far Cry 4 image, Ubisoft has already explained that the 'white man' in in fact a dictator of asian origin. The man he holds down just happens to be a bit darker skinned than he is.

about the Far Cry 4 image, Ubisoft has already explained that the 'white man' in in fact a dictator of asian origin. The man he holds down just happens to be a bit darker skinned than he is.

I'm aware of that, however the original controversy surrounding this photo the main belief was that it was a White Male holding down a much darker skinned Male. No specific origins were released yet.

I'm aware of that, however the original controversy surrounding this photo the main belief was that it was a White Male holding down a much darker skinned Male. No specific origins were released yet.

In the issue of Game Informer covering Far Cry 4 says that he is origins are half Asian I believe? The same with the main protag he is also Asian. It is a great issue of GI. They also briefly mentioned the ability to make your own outpost which makes me super happy about the map making tools in FC4 :drool:

Great wrap up Ed and nice variety of articles!

In the issue of Game Informer covering Far Cry 4 says that he is origins are half Asian I believe? The same with the main protag he is also Asian. It is a great issue of GI. They also briefly mentioned the ability to make your own outpost which makes me super happy about the map making tools in FC4 :drool:

I did of course mean when I said, "No specific origins were released yet" that AT THE TIME there was no release.

But yes it was a fantastic issue, I read my buddy's copy, he's subscribed.

Thanks btw.

Far Cry is breaking the Meta

8243769_f520.jpg

Edited by WonderWombat
  • Like 1