Assault Rifle, Silenced SMG, and New Vehicles in H2A?

http://postimg.org/image/qa3v9nl4j/full/

What do you think about this? Personally, if they can balance both weapons well enough with the existing sandbox, I'm all for it.

There's also rumors of vehicles new to Halo 2 being implemented into the Anniversary MM as well. That leaves vehicles from all the other Halo's as fair game, or even new ones like the recently confirmed "Gungoose".(http://postimg.org/image/a9r1c5ntp/full/ ). Thoughts on possible vehicles are also welcome.

• Like 1

I am very against this addition, since it is changing the game from its original gameplay and balancing, and is something I will not endorse. Plus, a mongoose with mounted turrets or weaponry is not really a good idea, I liked the teamwork aspect of having a friend with rockets on the back, as you vehicularly tag-team the opposing team. The Silenced SMG is iffy, I know that ODST took place during Halo 2, but I'd like it to stay an ODST exclusive weapon. And the AR is a no go, I liked that there was no Assault Rifle, it paved the way for the SMG, a much better weapon in my opinion.

Leaving the game as it is would be the best thing to do in this situation.  

• Like 1

I am very against this addition, since it is changing the game from its original gameplay and balancing, and is something I will not endorse. Plus, a mongoose with mounted turrets or weaponry is not really a good idea, I liked the teamwork aspect of having a friend with rockets on the back, as you vehicularly tag-team the opposing team. The Silenced SMG is iffy, I know that ODST took place during Halo 2, but I'd like it to stay an ODST exclusive weapon. And the AR is a no go, I liked that there was no Assault Rifle, it paved the way for the SMG, a much better weapon in my opinion.

Leaving the game as it is would be the best thing to do in this situation.  

They are going to have separate categories for it. They'll have the Anniversary playlist with updated maps/graphics weapons and vehicles, and then a traditional Halo 2 playlist that they haven't touched at all. Which I'm particularly stoked for because A. it gives you more to do by switching between new and old giving you an entirely different feel yet the same feel at the same time. And I can go back into H2 and even first time every H1 online like the good old LAN days. 

I'm excited for these changes because they actually seem like they've taken some time to tweak and adjust these and their not just throwing them in willy nilly like most things in H4. *cough* Incineration Canon *cough* Also I think that this anniversary playlist along with the H5 beta will give them plenty of space and feedback on what they can potentially do to make H5 what H4 should have been.

• Like 1

I think that I have faith in 343i to make sure that each and every addition into the game is fair, balanced, and enhances the sandbox in some way. They've repeatedly emphasized that each and every change they made to Halo 2 Anniversary is meant to build upon the existing sandbox and also MUST be a good thing - no '50/50' changes, no bad changes, these are changes that have been tested hours upon hours each day by developers and by the pro-player team working at 343i, to ensure that it actually enhances the sandbox that is based off of Halo 2's third title-update.

[And yes, to the somehow excruciatingly misinformed people, what Cooliest said: Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary have two completely different multiplayer components. QQ as much about how they said they would keep everything the same, in the end all you can accomplish is make a fool of yourself in this scenario.]

• Like 1

"[And yes, to the somehow excruciatingly misinformed people, what Cooliest said: Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary have two completely different multiplayer components. QQ as much about how they said they would keep everything the same, in the end all you can accomplish is make a fool of yourself in this scenario.]" ~ Meteor Storm

Sorry, just thought this needs to be seen twice. It's called "re-imagined" for a reason. 1: I doubt that smg effects anything silenced or not. 2: The AR should have always been in this game regardless. 3: The Mongoose is just another thing "Re-imagined", but we have not even rode one yet, so what's the rush in judging how it's going to effect gameplay?

The bigger question is why do we care this much? This is once again "re-imagined." This isn't your old Halo 2 multiplayer EXACTLY the same as it was, you can tell that. You are still getting what they promised however, original Halo 2 MP within the MCC. So big deal? No. 

"[And yes, to the somehow excruciatingly misinformed people, what Cooliest said: Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary have two completely different multiplayer components. QQ as much about how they said they would keep everything the same, in the end all you can accomplish is make a fool of yourself in this scenario.]" ~ Meteor Storm

Sorry, just thought this needs to be seen twice. It's called "re-imagined" for a reason. 1: I doubt that smg effects anything silenced or not. 2: The AR should have always been in this game regardless. 3: The Mongoose is just another thing "Re-imagined", but we have not even rode one yet, so what's the rush in judging how it's going to effect gameplay?

The bigger question is why do we care this much? This is once again "re-imagined." This isn't your old Halo 2 multiplayer EXACTLY the same as it was, you can tell that. You are still getting what they promised however, original Halo 2 MP within the MCC. So big deal? No. 

Not only is it reimagined, it is done so with Max Hoberman, who WAS the guy who lead multiplayer design for Halo 2. This is a guy who basically is realizing that his 10 year old MP is considered better than many other MP's out there at the present; he is being told by legions of fans that his baby is the golden baby - and now he has a chance to make it platinum, so without a doubt, as the lead guy once again he's basically - in 343i and in his eyes - creating the perfect Halo 2; AKA, Halo 2 Anniversary.

They are going to have separate categories for it. They'll have the Anniversary playlist with updated maps/graphics weapons and vehicles, and then a traditional Halo 2 playlist that they haven't touched at all. Which I'm particularly stoked for because A. it gives you more to do by switching between new and old giving you an entirely different feel yet the same feel at the same time. And I can go back into H2 and even first time every H1 online like the good old LAN days.

I'm excited for these changes because they actually seem like they've taken some time to tweak and adjust these and their not just throwing them in willy nilly like most things in H4. *cough* Incineration Canon *cough* Also I think that this anniversary playlist along with the H5 beta will give them plenty of space and feedback on what they can potentially do to make H5 what H4 should have been.

The division is good... But I still have gripes about the gungoose. It seems rather... Silly. The mongoose was great as it was, simply for passenger teamwork, not a ghost solo. But guns on the mongoose for the driver? It's like texting and driving, plus could be inaccurate, as the mongoose's turnability is not congruent to that of a ghost, so may be a bit clumsy.

If they want it in halo 5, that's fine by me, but even a separate playlist just doesn't feel right. :/
Sure it can be a learning curve, but they can have that in the Beta and observe there as well. Edited by -Sparky-

Why do people keep calling it a silenced weapon.... There is no such thing. It has a suppressor attached to it that reduced its noise output by a significant degree but it is by no means silenced.

I guess you forgot that this is 540 years in the future. Also, it is a supressor http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Suppressor_(Attachment) They are just using the misnomer.

Edited by WonderWombat

I'm not misinformed, I just hate quads in Halo.

I'm not misinformed, I just hate quads in Halo.

Be that as it may, they will be there. Your only option will be to refuse to utilize them. That, and counter them anytime you see them on the battlefield.

Then complain about the quads, not about how 'omg what have you done to halo 2 you guys said you keep the multiplayer the same'.

Something about your attitude really irks me. Snooty, almost. There's no reason to be. We are all here to discuss a simple matter in a calm and friendly fashion.

Edited by Ryu♥Hayabusa

• 4 weeks later...