Fire Fight?

Fire fight was one of my favorite things to play when my fellow spartans were not on. I always like sniperfight, Gruntpocolypse, and rocketfight. Also I was very disappointed that in halo 4 it was changed to spartan ops.  Do you think that Fire Fight should make a return in Halo 5 Guardians.

• Like 2

The problem with Reach is that it just wasn't challenging enough. ODST has a difficult set of maps, and the use of skulls like Black eye, and catch make them tremendously more stressful. Reach just made things too easy, like there was no threat of losing in firefight. There needs to be that threat. If firefight comes back, it needs to toughen up! 

*and more vehicles in FF please ;)*

I hope it's more than just mindless hsooting. I've always felt like the maps, albeit sandbox, were always on a small scale and could have been larger, and also featured more, different terrain to entice different styles of combat. It has seemed to always be 'clear all enemies' and while that's fun, I always like it when I'm given another objective as well, a little similar to the easter eggs in Cod zombies which have a set of objectives you must achieve as you slay, slay and slay everything in your path.

Sure, shooting things is fun but for me, it gets boring quickly because there isn't an element of choice and there isn't a reward. I'm not continuing a plotline; I don't get anything at the end for massacreing thousands of aliens. On my way to do it, my thought process doesn't extend past 'shoot the first thing in sight', unlike some games I have in stuff like Cod Zombies, which I feel enforce decision making (Which way should I go on this map? How can I move the player character so he doesn't get hit? What's the next objective I should attain? etc,)

• Like 3

I hope it's more than just mindless hsooting. I've always felt like the maps, albeit sandbox, were always on a small scale and could have been larger, and also featured more, different terrain to entice different styles of combat. It has seemed to always be 'clear all enemies' and while that's fun, I always like it when I'm given another objective as well, a little similar to the easter eggs in Cod zombies which have a set of objectives you must achieve as you slay, slay and slay everything in your path.

Sure, shooting things is fun but for me, it gets boring quickly because there isn't an element of choice and there isn't a reward. I'm not continuing a plotline; I don't get anything at the end for massacreing thousands of aliens. On my way to do it, my thought process doesn't extend past 'shoot the first thing in sight', unlike some games I have in stuff like Cod Zombies, which I feel enforce decision making (Which way should I go on this map? How can I move the player character so he doesn't get hit? What's the next objective I should attain? etc,)

I always played it by myself with the goal of not dying and I was always mad when I got killed

I always played it by myself with the goal of not dying and I was always mad when I got killed

That's a boring goal to me because it's so basic to achieve, yet, if it isn't either, will simply be frustratingly hard. Surviving a long time might be fun for some people but the gameplay of Halo, in my opinion, decreases the amount of choice needed for you to stay alive and you can literally just end up jumping around shooting everything, and that gets boring to me.

ODST's firefight was infinitely more difficult and fun to me. Also, Spartan Ops was a different beast that firefight was. It was designed to be a bridge between Halo 4 and Halo 5.

As for it returning  am with the others in wanting it back, but in its ODST style. Limited rounds wouldn't be a bad thing but ODST really nailed it for me. It was difficult beyond belief and fun at the same time. Firefight in Reach got stale really quick and felt, at least to me, way too easy.

Yes I 100% prefer firefight!

I dislike Spartan Ops with

a passion!

:( i loved spartan ops and having my own characters developing story and seeing his boss armor and actions during cutscenes i loved spartan ops very much and i think it should remain in halo five as it adds to the story it was like halo 4s ODST  but much better. And the fact that armor customization comes into role much more in spartan ops then in campaign or firefight i think spartan ops  should not be removed. But i do miss firefight and believe if both cannot exist together because of limited time and staff (because we don't won't you guys to rush production to throw in things for us even if they are amazing because it lowers the quality of the game overall and normally has a huge affect on graphics, i would rather have quality over quantity.)then they should incorporate firefight qualities into spartan ops. In order to make spartan ops better i believe some changes should be made.

For example

• add waves
  • multiple objectives
  • more diverse waves of enemies
  • maps were the objectives are not in a straight line of sight 100 yds infront of you and enemies on the corners
  • more of a cooperative necessity
  • time limit even after obective complete (short survival mode)
  • option to be the enemy or play the enemies point of view( although this contradicts my earlier statement about quality over quantity... its just something i would like to see)
  • Like 1

I want FF to return but I wouldn't mind SO as long as SO's maps aren't used repeatedly like Halo 4's and with FF Reach wasn't too bad the dlc maps were great and ODST is the good classic FF so I reckon there should be a blend between Halo R and ODST firefight and have SO included too so that offline players can have some fun too as the required XBL gold was a major downfall of SO 

• Like 3

I want FF to return but I wouldn't mind SO as long as SO's maps aren't used repeatedly like Halo 4's and with FF Reach wasn't too bad the dlc maps were great and ODST is the good classic FF so I reckon there should be a blend between Halo R and ODST firefight and have SO included too so that offline players can have some fun too as the required XBL gold was a major downfall of SO 

thats a good point so did reuse alot of maps

ODSTs Firefight was pretty rad, but I still preferred Reach.

I'm sorry for all of you who love Spartan Ops, I just could never

get into it. The story was boring to me and I'd rather go on a

massive elite killing spree in Firefight...

• 4 weeks later...