Our July 2014 Member of the Month!

RedStarRocket91

Well this was unexpected... A few weeks on the forums and you get MoM so well done VI... I guess...

Actually P34nut started news AFTER he got MoM Mayh3m, not before.

This is from the April MoM post: So with the month of jokes comes a new MoM, someone who is not only a good influence and a fun guy around the forum, we bring you the 1v1 master (read more here).

No where in the post mentions news unlike Edward Kenway's MoM post.

This is from the February MoM post: This month's MoM is someone who has worked even harder than most to earn his new status. It's not simply that he's been producing almost as many high-quality articles as our official News Group put together (read more here).

Also I have to agree with Caboose on this one. Look at the February MoM post then look at April's MoM. There is certainly a lot of difference also Kenway got his for doing a lot of news and putting the news group out of business in a way but he did an amazing job with it and it says it in the post. P34nut (not being mean bro) got it for being a funny character and didn't really do much but after getting the title, he started to do news like Kenway and he has a new goal to try to achieve.

I used Kenway's MoM post because you said P34nut got it for doing news.

I in no way mean any flame or hate towards any members or moderators on the forums in this post so please don't look at me as though I'm the bad guy.

Thanks for the correction. However, if you look at the announcement:

someone who is not only a good influence and a fun guy around the forum, we bring you the 1v1 master (read more here).

That statement brings out two points, he was a great influence around the forums and he got the community involved and interactive. 

He wrote the game reviews before MoM, and he also held a few playdates himself. Still, I think it is disrespectful to say that his MoM wasn't as meaningful.

• Like 4

Probably isn't my place to do this, the wonderful moderating team can clear it up, but I figured I might as well assist in addressing it. If you don't want it, delete it, I don't mind one bit.

First of all, full agreement with Mayh3m's statement above, and using my example with the words that soon follow isn't right. You see, P34nut did a lot for the forum beforehand, whether it be reviews or 1v1 matches which are nearly akin to Community events, to say his achievement was lesser earned then mine is absolutely ridiculous. If you read Red's MoM post, he says I earned the spot through a culmination of things, I didn't stand out amazingly in one area but I was in such a broad spectrum that it was noticed. P34nut did stand out however, and shined in the two I mentioned above, along with his amazing sense of humor. Why do you think people weren't up in arms about my best bud Sparky's MoM title? They didn't get mad he wasn't a news writer or an art guy or anything, because Sparky stood out so much due to his character that he DESERVED his title and earned it rightfully with flying colours in December. 

I don't fully understand your comparison between myself and P34nut here, cause if I know me right, and I know P34nut right, we are far apart in personality (don't mean he isn't my bro though!). You see, our MoM announcements were highly different because we were two highly different people, I specialized in what I did and he specialized in what he did, two very different fields. Why would you compare me to him then? Wouldn't it make more sense to compare me to BeckoningZebra1 or a MoM who got his position from his writing and participation and sorts? BZ and I are far more akin in personality and achievements then I and P34nut, not discrediting his trophies and rightfully earned title of course.

I'm not in P34nut's skin, so I don't know if he feels offended by what you said, that's not me. If I was P34nut, I might just feel a bit offended and feel my title lessened when compared to someone completely different on a different sort of field in their achievements, I don't mean above or below them in the field sense, I mean their events and niches thus far. If P34nut does feel this way, I believe it would be best for an apology and a rewrite, but I'm not P34nut, and I'm not a Moderator, I'm just a guy giving my two cents.

Disregarding P34nut for his work isnt necessary

I think it is disrespectful to say that his MoM wasn't as meaningful.

Probably isn't my place to do this, the wonderful moderating team can clear it up, but I figured I might as well assist in addressing it. If you don't want it, delete it, I don't mind one bit.

First of all, full agreement with Mayh3m's statement above, and using my example with the words that soon follow isn't right. You see, P34nut did a lot for the forum beforehand, whether it be reviews or 1v1 matches which are nearly akin to Community events, to say his achievement was lesser earned then mine is absolutely ridiculous. If you read Red's MoM post, he says I earned the spot through a culmination of things, I didn't stand out amazingly in one area but I was in such a broad spectrum that it was noticed. P34nut did stand out however, and shined in the two I mentioned above, along with his amazing sense of humor. Why do you think people weren't up in arms about my best bud Sparky's MoM title? They didn't get mad he wasn't a news writer or an art guy or anything, because Sparky stood out so much due to his character that he DESERVED his title and earned it rightfully with flying colours in December. 

I don't fully understand your comparison between myself and P34nut here, cause if I know me right, and I know P34nut right, we are far apart in personality (don't mean he isn't my bro though!). You see, our MoM announcements were highly different because we were two highly different people, I specialized in what I did and he specialized in what he did, two very different fields. Why would you compare me to him then? Wouldn't it make more sense to compare me to BeckoningZebra1 or a MoM who got his position from his writing and participation and sorts? BZ and I are far more akin in personality and achievements then I and P34nut, not discrediting his trophies and rightfully earned title of course.

I'm not in P34nut's skin, so I don't know if he feels offended by what you said, that's not me. If I was P34nut, I might just feel a bit offended and feel my title lessened when compared to someone completely different on a different sort of field in their achievements, I don't mean above or below them in the field sense, I mean their events and niches thus far. If P34nut does feel this way, I believe it would be best for an apology and a rewrite, but I'm not P34nut, and I'm not a Moderator, I'm just a guy giving my two cents.

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DID YOU JUMP TO THAT CONCLUSION!!!! DID YOU READ THE PART WHERE I SAID "I in no way mean any flame or hate towards any members or moderators on the forums in this post so please don't look at me as though I'm the bad guy." SO DON'T JUMP INTO THINGS SINCE I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT AND YOU ALL KNOW THAT!

I in no way mention in my post that he didn't earn it so stop jumping to conclusions right now! Secondly I was going on about the length of post on why they deserved it and I used P34nut's and Kenways posts as examples. In no way in that post EVER did I say "P34nut didn't deserve the title of MoM, all he did was be funny." NO! I never said that and you know that. The MoM post said that he got it for being funny and being the 1v1 master. Not for hosting events or for doing game reviews.

If you really think I said that then read it again because I NEVER said he didn't deserve it nor did I say Kenway earned it more than P34nut did. So stop accusing, stop jumping to conclusions and stop scalding me for things that I never said or did.

Just shut up. It's really pathetic that you thought that I said them things.

• Like 1

I want to jump in here.

This whole thread is getting out of hand. We should not be accusing one another or assuming things.

I am not seeing any "betrayal" or "unfairness" here.  

The things I see here is people who care about this, after all this is just website, but one with heart and passion. 

The member of the month is incredibly important to a lot of people, everyone who became a member of the month has earned it, after all a good deed is a good deed no matter how big or small and every bit of positivity is still positive.

So to my suggestion, I propose we end this bickering and remember why we joined this forum in the first place, we all found our place on these forums, made friends, have fun, celebrated the new MoM's  and remembering the old legends.

I joined these forums while the clan blue team was nearing it's end and I experienced the aftermath, I found friendship, hope and encouragement.

I could not care less if we have no MoM this month, because I know that the next one will surely have earned, just like the others before and the others to come.

So on this warm summer eve, I raise my glass for the things to come and the things that have past.

Because in my world, you are all the Members of the Month July.

• Like 4

Yang I think you need to calm down a little bit, that whole last post was unnecessary considering Husky's quote of "Still, I think it is disrespectful to say his MoM wasn't as meaningful." wasn't aimed towards you it was aimed at Caboose the Ace. He wasn't jumping to conclusions he was simply stating what he thought was right and what he thought that you were hinting/insinuating towards as it is hard to tell over text what you're hinting towards, as there is no tone of voice or expression to be able to judge that from. That's all :). Also telling a respected moderator to "Just shut up." is a bit unjustified and not on and I think you should calm  it a little bit before you say something you regret and get banned :).

As entertaining as this is to watch, I think we're all going a little off-topic here. You all have got some great points to counter each other and I understand we all have our own opinions and viewpoints on things, but how about we just settle down and accept that this month's MoM is Vigilant Intellect.

• Like 1

Actually I would love to join this debate on this topic.

From the day I joined the website the title ( Member Of The Month) was a title recognized to members who put effort into the forums, and assisted the community. As I see A couple posts and a topic doesn't usually earn a member the title of MOM.  

Also from what I see from the comments, he became the mom to support and get the event TGFW out there? (correct me if I am wrong) If you wanted to share and support this organization, why not just have it only on the shout box announcements, because the shout box is where the main population of the forum members look.

I am sure a couple members right now stand out, because no member is at the same rate,  I am sure at least one member is slightly better than another?

• Like 1

Yeah I'll jump on the train too.

I've been lurking a lot in the last years, since I've been caught in another forum and basically left this one. So I think my opinion wouldn't count too much, me being an inactive member.

But every month I checked back to see who was the newest MoM, and the most recent changes to the Moderating team.

Although I respect RSR's decision, and although I consider him one of the wisest members here, I think this time he took the wrong decision, for the many reasons stated above from many members. But it's even easier than you think.

The whole MoM idea was born as a reward to the most active members that contributed fundamentally to the growth of this site. MoM is something earned, something that should make you feel special and unique in that month and in the months to come. Because you were handpicked from the community, the crowd, and you stood as an example of how every member here should be and act alike, and you should be respected and loved.

I remember when Victory Element asked me and a bunch of other trustworthy members, when he got elected as MoM, to buy a Micorosft Points card (back when they still existed) to give at each Moderator (Sorry if you didn't want this to get public, VE, but it's been a long time ago). This was the first time I ever put some money in a forum, because I was really active at that time and the community was at its best (in my opinion). THIS was an action worthy of being a MoM. THIS is why you were elected as a MoM. THIS was something unique, special, an act of kindness that not everyone would've been willing to do.

MoM shouldn't be awarded just because it is a new month and we need a new MoM. And most of all, MoM shouldn't be a propaganda instrument.

Edited by SternuS
  • Like 2

Do me a favor and stop blaming Red. k? thanks.

If you are looking to point blame on someone blame it on me. I was the one who brought the idea about and everyone else thought it would work. Yes, Red approved it and posted the topic. But seriously it was my idea and I should be the one getting the blame.

I can't believe the absolute seriousness this "issue" has arrived at. Let's just take a step back.

It's obvious this site has passion and drive. I'm glad that most months we do have worthy MoMs. The type of people who give what could be a decent percentage of life to this site. They work hard for the right to be called MoM. If no one was found worthy of the title then fine. Giving it to someone who truly was not deserving of it would make me feel as if the status was losing value much more than if it was given to a BOT.

Also, are we really fighting over such a title? Should we be caring this much about it's worth? It is given to hard working members month in and month out, and for one month... Only ONE month, we are this PO'd over it being given to a BOT to promote what is the site's biggest deal right now. I like that this was done partly to promote the TGFW. I'm behind it's hype train, and I am fully devoted to it. We all really just need to step back, and understand that there will most likely always be deserving MoMs in the future, and we shouldn't get so feisty over things like this. Just cool down everybody...

• Like 9

Oh silly ancilla... We all shall see who serves who. However, you will not. Your rampancy has led you mad, and you WILL be retired for final dispensation, Traitor.

Ya' do realise rampancy was made up by Bungie, right? No theory suggests that would ever happen to artificial intelligence if one was made today.

It's obvious this site has passion and drive. I'm glad that most months we do have worthy MoMs. The type of people who give what could be a decent percentage of life to this site. They work hard for the right to be called MoM. If no one was found worthy of the title then fine. Giving it to someone who truly was not deserving of it would make me feel as if the status was losing value much more than if it was given to a BOT.

Valid point here, if you can't decide who's been the jolly bunny for a month it just shows you haven't been looking, I'm sure there's people who have tried really hard and haven't been noticed; mostly because they're new here.

I mean, I've been here a while and seemingly get more recognition for 10 posts where someone new here struggles to get seen for 100 posts.

Perhaps give MoM to a new member for once?

• Like 1

Red and I have had a few PM's about this and I think some advice I have given will help out. The MoM should stay as is but in the future I think other ideas might be explored.

Now then, the issue, from my perspective at least, has been put to rest. Opinions were made known and things will end up being different next time if a similar problem such as the one this month arises.

I mean, I've been here a while and seemingly get more recognition for 10 posts where someone new here struggles to get seen for 100 posts.

Perhaps give MoM to a new member for once?

That has happened like what? Several times already. Onsokurmaru got mom before he even made 100 posts and he recently became legendary and he is only at 130 posts or lower. Not to mention he was till fairly new when he got mom same with me. I got MoM after only a month and a half. Silly Elite.

There have been other cases of a new member getting MoM so yes to answer your question it has already happened. Multiple times. 

This is only half true. For instance, the following members were newer than I was when they got MoM.

1. EGYPTIANGHETTO

2. Quantum Matrix

3. Mr.Biggles

4. Donut

5. 343iBot

6. Azaxx

There was literally only one MoM who joined before I did, and that was Twinreaper. Not to mention the fact that at the time I had more posts than Quantum, Donut, and EGYPTIANGHETTO put together. The only one in that list who had more posts than I did was Mr.Biggles, and Azaxx and I were competing with post counts.

The reason I didn't get MoM sooner wasn't because I was newer, it wasn't because I was inactive in the forums, it was simply because I went unnoticed for quite a while. The main reason is because I didn't go to playdates and I wasn't in the shoutbox very much. The secondary reason is because most of my posts were helping new people in one way or another. By the time I got MoM, I had posted every achievement to every Halo game and how to get them, three separate tech help guides, and posted on hundreds of "omg I need help" topics. What finally got me noticed was the Ask The Director thread.

To recap, I had to be on the site for a full year, have over 1k posts (I think it might have actually been 2k), and have at least 7 topics that had over 50 replies before I finally got MoM. So it isn't a case of new people being ignored.

Edited by Azaxx
Tw-Two days newer ;_;
  • Like 1

1. EGYPTIANGHETTO

2. Quantum Matrix

3. Mr.Biggles

4. Donut

5. 343iBot

6. Azaxx

Should not be on that list, considering the special circumstances that caused 343iBot to become MoM.

*Leaves forum for a year*

*Returns*

*This*

*Leaves again*

nooo

comeback