Minecraft console editions have now outsold the PC editions

The Minecraft console editions have now surpassed the sales of the PC editions.

Minecraft-2_2799082b.jpg

The games original platform has now outsold by the apparently more popular console edition.

The total amount of sales across all platforms accumulate to a total of 54 million sales! And was officially annlounced by Patrick Geuder via Twitter yesterday.

"Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies."

And keep in mind this is without the extra sales of PS4 edition and Xbox One edtition which will come later this August. So there's plenty of more sales to come.

The sales counter as of April shows us that the console editions were already almost on par with the PC editions.

With the PC versions coming in at 15 million sales.

The 360 version coming in at 12 million sales.

The PS3 edition coming in at 1,5 million sales.

And the mobile versions coming in at a whopping 21 million sales.

All these sales have acummulated to 250 million euro's in income for Mojang and 96 million euro's income for Markus Persson (a.k.a Notch) himself.

Which platform do you prefer to play Minecraft on?

Let me know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source

Source

Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 4

The mobile version being the most sold comes as no surprise to me, it's significantly cheaper than the others and it's great to have for on the road. I own the mobile and 360 versions of the game, but I play more on my iPod than I do my 360.

Great Article P34nut, very nice!

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me. People have console more than PC, as people think you need a great PC to play Minecraft. Consoles are "easier" and "cheaper" to have, than an average PC to have an enjoyable time. They don't have to worry about how their frames are going to be, and how this aspect in the game lags me. Set frame rate, rarely no lagging = more fun. 

• 2 weeks later...