Crytek not paying employees?

Rumours are going around stating that Crytek is not paying its employees.

crytek.jpg

Crytek, a studio known for the Crysis and Rise games, are appearently having financial troubles. At least that's what rumours tell us.

Crytek's official statement denies all rumours, but the employees themselves claim they're missing months of payment.

Shortly after the denial of troubles CEO Cevat Yerly sent every employee an e-mail telling them not to talk about their salary anymore, to prevent it being leaked.

Of course this has failed.

Inside sources have claimed that all the rumours are true. Some say they don't get their full salary, while others claim they haven't recieved any payment at all.

Weird thing is that not everyone is missing out on payments. Some employees claim they have recieved their payments just fine.

The main annoyance for most employees is that all the higher up guys are still getting payed. They feel like this is a slap in the face.

To counteract the negative publicity co-founder Avni Yerli has forbidden any staff members to talk to the media. Which again has failed.

What are your thoughts on this?

Let me know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source

Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 2

Personally I am shocked.  For a company with many studios around the globe and various awards behind them, I find it shocking that the studio would be in trouble.  I am curious as to which studio was reporting the rumor of unpaid wages?  I know typically that the Cryengine is not used often by 3rd part developers for titles, but the games that run with Crytek have sold well.  Then again, it is hard to say exactly how much they poured into Cryengine 4 development as well as the constant steady Cryengine 3 SDK updates.

If this is true, then it indeed marks a dark chapter for a very powerful (if not the most powerful) engine and company.

***EDIT***

After reading the article on nl.ign, it appears that the story broke in Europe, particularly the Germany Area, which means logically that the rumors come from the main studio in Frankfurt.  very saddening if this is true, especially since it's the MAIN studio!

• Like 1

I really do hope everything turns out ok in the end this sucks for everyone involved. It makes me wonder how such a successful studio in not only games but Engines could end up getting this kind of financial problems

After reading the article on nl.ign, it appears that the story broke in Europe, particularly the Germany Area, which means logically that the rumors come from the main studio in Frankfurt.  very saddening if this is true, especially since it's the MAIN studio!

The article I linked sais nothing about that...

Did you translate with Google?

Peanut, sorry, I didnt mean by the wording of the article, I should have stated that better. Their offices are in Asia, Russia, England, Germany and America. The only language close enough to being used is Norwegian or Dutch. If it had been one of the other studios that broke the rumors, it would have been posted on the Russian, Asian or English sites. Just a hunch though, but logically it makes swnse. Doesnt mean im 100% right though...

In my option Crytek has not produced a amazing game in some time ( but that is just me ) :)

I do fail to see how they are in such a position Ryse and Crysis 3 sold well didn't they ?

Crysis 3 was quite some time ago and Ryse didn't sell as much as they had expected it to

Peanut, sorry, I didnt mean by the wording of the article, I should have stated that better. Their offices are in Asia, Russia, England, Germany and America. The only language close enough to being used is Norwegian or Dutch. If it had been one of the other studios that broke the rumors, it would have been posted on the Russian, Asian or English sites. Just a hunch though, but logically it makes swnse. Doesnt mean im 100% right though...

Ah, that makes sense.

Also... Is this the first time you apologised for something???

They are a pretty well know company, and like you said they have some good games under their belt. Kind of shows how fragile everything is, it's a shame they can't get their pay.

Remember these are still rumours. I'll keep an eye out for anything official.