Didact's Return

SPOILER. Read if you dare

In Halo: Escalation "72 Hours After" comics, the Didact indeed survived his encounter with the Chief, and was transported to Installation 03 (where the Composer was stored). Blue Team goes there after Halo 4 to discover what happened to Black Team... and subsequently after entering a portal to the "Composer's Forge" gets into a fight with the Didact and his Prometheans. 

• Like 1

I'd like to point something out. Are we all familiar with the Legendary Logo for Halo 4? Look at it.

il_570xN.394013442_no3a.jpg

Well look at this. EDIT: SPOILERS! If you have not read the latest Escalation, and are going to, then don't look at the below picture.

no-more.jpgSee how he was stabbed in the eye? look above and he is missing the same eye.

What is even more odd is look at the hole in the middle of Didact's forehead on the legendary icon. There's not a hole there in Halo 4. Could it be a bullet hole? A sign of things to come? We'll see... :)

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 6

well now we know the didact is alive and well no spoilers but some stuff are happening in the comic and Chief and blue team are in it, so who knows whats gonna happen in the next issue

They say that the comics of Halo Reach aren't related to the game series and has nothing to do with it. I'm not sure if it's the same with Halo 4, but I still think the Didact is alive and WILL return for Halo 5 Guardians

I'd like to point something out. Are we all familiar with the Legendary Logo for Halo 4? Look at it.

il_570xN.394013442_no3a.jpg

Well look at this. EDIT: SPOILERS! If you have not read the latest Escalation, and are going to, then don't look at the below picture.

no-more.jpgSee how he was stabbed in the eye? look above and he is missing the same eye.

What is even more odd is look at the hole in the middle of Didact's forehead on the legendary icon. There's not a hole there in Halo 4. Could it be a bullet hole? A sign of things to come? We'll see... :)

And suddenly the puzzle falls together.

What's going on with the escalation 10? That's a bit out there. Different, not what i was expecting. If anything it just puts us back to the beginning.

Yeah... Ultimately it added very little to the story with the only positive aspects being learning a bit more on how the Composer works and setting up grounds for the Ark theory.

And in regards to the Didact, he's pretty much caught in a narrative whirlpool from a writing standpoint. No matter the outcome, I can't imagine anything making very much sense or not being ridiculously cliched.

Either way, I'm eager to see how he survived disintegration now that Brian Reed confirmed that he's still alive.

Yeah... Ultimately it added very little to the story with the only positive aspects being learning a bit more on how the Composer works and setting up grounds for the Ark theory.

And in regards to the Didact, he's pretty much caught in a narrative whirlpool from a writing standpoint. No matter the outcome, I can't imagine anything making very much sense or not being ridiculously cliched.

Either way, I'm eager to see how he survived disintegration now that Brian Reed confirmed that he's still alive.

+ SPOILER!!!

Chief was pretty reflective over his absolute death don't you think? That's got to mean something.

Ending wise Chief leaving to go kick ass with Blue Team is very "suggestive". Not to mention Fred's armor appears in the Halo 5 Beta.

Could you or anyone update me on the Ark theory? During the fight the Didact could've swatted them aside using his force projectors unless it can only be concentrated on one object at a time. It would've been better to have the Spartans in a running retreat from the Didact who subdues them one at a time without the dialogue. The silent predator, a Reach feel would've been nice.

So, where does this leave us?

Could you or anyone update me on the Ark theory? During the fight the Didact could've swatted them aside using his force projectors unless it can only be concentrated on one object at a time. It would've been better to have the Spartans in a running retreat from the Didact who subdues them one at a time without the dialogue. The silent predator, a Reach feel would've been nice.

So, where does this leave us?

I don't know either. I do have a little analysis by haruspis on The Ark and such (extremely good analysis, but this is unrelated to Halo: Escalation). He also does some very good articles over the future of Halo:

http://haruspis.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/the-reclaimer-saga-the-ark-and-ragnarok/ Edited by RedStarRocket91
Link approved.
  • Like 1

+ SPOILER!!!

Chief was pretty reflective over his absolute death don't you think? That's got to mean something.

Ending wise Chief leaving to go kick *** with Blue Team is very "suggestive". Not to mention Fred's armor appears in the Halo 5 Beta.

So, we see the team in guardians? There is one point i thought might've been a possibility. The chief just ignored Hoods order and has gone off dragging the team with him without command knowing, I knew it. Oni sends Locke out on a kill order but could be wrong as it is a bit early.

This will be a first, if Guardians is based around able to play all characters. The chief and blue team to Locke. Different, might work.

I don't know either. I do have a little analysis by haruspis on The Ark and such (extremely good analysis, but this is unrelated to Halo: Escalation). He also does some very good articles over the future of Halo:

http://haruspis.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/the-reclaimer-saga-the-ark-and-ragnarok/

Thanks man.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...