72 Hours After (Part 3?!)

Hello everyone! Just recently as you all know there has been a slough of Halo comic books out and around the universe. But some of these comics have been also the "72 Hours After" Halo 4 portion. This tells what has happened directly after the events of Halo 4, A.k.a a three day span.

Just recently, there was another part to come out, part 3. And with that, someone on tumblr had actually posted a picture from the next comic in that specific storyline.

NOTE: Self Destruct beat me to it! The photo IS REAL!

So, here is the picture that has gotten the community to get their 'jimmies' and find popcorn. Even the HaloFollower gave his speculations on this.

post-71054-0-86977400-1403131449.jpg

Now, most people are speculating this is (From front right to back left) John-117, Kelly-087, Linda-058, and Fred-104.

This is speculated as the armor they wear has a big resemblance to the armor they had in Halo: Legends - The Package. And also because Fred, Kelly, and Linda all were not confirmed KIA, or in the case MIA. Since Spartans never die.

Here is evidence to that claim above.

(Still in order) Kelly-087 (I got a close up on the helmet to compare the markings with the helmet in the comic picture)

post-71054-0-02629800-1403132072_thumb.jpg

Linda-058 (Both helmets are practically a more high-tech version of the standard edition)

post-71054-0-37203500-1403132223.jpg

Fred-104 (Just look at the helmet design + the big shoulders)

post-71054-0-47759400-1403132334_thumb.jpg

With all of that out for us all now, what do you all think? I personally think this can be Blue Team. As we can see in the other Halo Comics for the next 72 hours, we see events like a battle with the Chief and the Didact. But also chief using a sniper rifle in the first! Just look below.

72 Hours After #1

post-71054-0-93505100-1403132450.jpg

72 Hours After #2

post-71054-0-18553400-1403132477.jpg

What do you all think? Put your theories below!!!

Sources: http://117--087.tumblr.com/

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/22-710

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

I know people have been waiting a long time to see this entire team together again. I hope that this true, (and I'd like to say that it does seem like it.) but I'm still waiting for the day Blue team is in an actual game...

Wonder how long I'll have to wait for that? Anyway, Good analysis.

• Like 2

Here's my titanic bit of analysis.

Blue Team

Blue Team is Spartan team lead mostly by John-117, and it's roster has changed throughout the years.

I haven't read the books, so my knowledge on the team is limited, but from what I've read the current roster includes:

S-IIs

Frederic-104

Kelly-087

Linda-058

John-117 (formerly)

And then we have S-IIIs, but I don't know if they stayed in Blue team after leaving Onyx.

Lucy-B091

Tom-B292

Ash-G099

Mark, and Olivia (they seem to not have tags)

After Blue Team left Onyx, they were transported to Earth for debriefing. They then were offered the opportunity to be integrated into the S-IV program, and continued their operations (apparently still wearing MK 6 armor).

Escalation Picture Analysis

Now relating to the Escalation picture: It looks like John-117 is in the front alongside 3 other spartans wearing the similar MK 6 (Halo 4 campaign) armor, with the other 3 having modifications.

The left spartan seems to be wearing an EVA/Pilot/Orbital variant helmet & an unknown shoulder variant, and the back two have modifications to their MK 6 helmets. The back 2 spartans are holding Prime skinned Assault Rifles, while John is holding a regular BR, and the EVA spartan is holding a pistol.

Now this is most definitely the Chief in the front since the summary of the comic is "The Master Chief returns in The Next 72 Hours Part 3" .

Spartan Analysis.

The left spartan may be Kelly. In the Halo: Legends movie, Kelly wears a modified EVA variant for her MK IV armor, and the spartan wearing a similar Helmet for MK VI may be a nod to that. This also may be minor, but it looks like there is an emphasis on the spartan "sprinting" with Her pistol lowered in the way S-IVs run in the War Games simulations.  But it could also go the other way since She is running like a S-IV after all. The way the spartan is running is probably just a coincidence, but Kelly is known for her exceptional speed compared to other Spartans so this may be another nod to her as well.

Relating to the other Spartans I don't think one of them could be Linda-058. She is well known for her Sniping skills, and while I can see her in the heat of battle running to an objective you would probably see her carrying a Sniper rather than an Assault Rifle. Also she could be elsewhere covering these guys for all I know, but for now I doubt one of these spartans is Linda.

Now again on the back 2 spartans I do think there is a possibility they are S-IVs. They are carrying S-IV requisitioned Prime Assault Rifles after all, but like the Chief they could just be taking whatever weapons were on the Infinity without preference. So It's up in the air whether these guys are S-IIs, IIIs, or IVs.

BUT Frederic-104 in The Package wears a modified MK IV variant that is similar to the mainline MK IV variant that Chief wears in The Package & FUD, but it looks broader compared to it. Do to the back left spartan having a MK 6 helmet that looks similar, but of an unknown MK 6 variant, I think it may be him.

And the other dude on the right is wearing armor that looks like it's been heavily modified Helmet-wise with attachments: like the MK V armor was during Halo: Reach. Soooo that may be a S-III. Minor connection but whatever.

BUT BUT we also have to bring into account that the armor they are wearing is Spartan II/III armor. In the Halo 4 Prologue it shows (supposed) Spartan IIs and IIIs fighting the Covenant, and then John (in his new armor) receiving Cortana.This doesn't make much sense seeing in the same cutscene John receives his regular MK VI variant from Halo 2, and 3. Since there was little time in between Halo 2, and 3 for that event where he sees Cortana to happen I can only guess it would have to have happened in between Halo: CE, and Halo 2.

I can see the current variant Chief is wearing to be a Prototype MK VI variant that he decided to wear briefly before receiving the other MK VI he wears in Halo 2, and 3. The other Spartans shown in the prologue could also just be testing out the Prototype armor like Chief was.

Then during Cryosleep Cortana received the Prototype specs from the Forward Unto Dawn or from Her memory, and decided to "Upgrade" John's MK VI armor to the Prototype armor using Nanomachines. He couldn't have received a completely new set of armor because his "armor scar" wouldn't be there.

BUT BUT BUT The same Prototype MK VI armor could be brought into the GEN2 S-IV armor, and that's what these other Spartans are wearing.

BACK To Blue Team

Now relating to the team as a whole, Chief could be leading a Spartan team with unrelated S-IV personnel, but it's name still being Blue Team... cause he kicks a$$ that way.

BUT BUT BUT BUT You know that the other members of Blue Team will want to continue operations with Chief since he is their leader after all. After his 4 year absence they'll want to get back with him (since they probably thought he was dead... gotta stop saying "probably" too much). Plus they have a huge friendship with the guy, so of course Chief would probably rather pick his close friends over some random S-IVs.

And that is all my freends.

• Like 2

Maybe....

Chief has been very much undefeated and one way or another with his "Luck" he has overcome anything. :)

But now that he cannot beat the Didact

* You know, he gets punched in the face*

He realises he is not so immortal as he once thought and starts to question himself.

• Like 1

In the end of Halo 4, Chief was starting to question authority. He was struggling to figure out and discover from Lasky's words - "Soldiers aren't machines... They are just people." that John himself is only a human. The Didact is much too strong for him to handle. So why did he possibly gather up Blue Team? Because. He is only human.

• 2 weeks later...