No Love For Snipers

Get Coopd On

Team Snipers Playlist  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Are you tired of playing the same six maps repeatedly in Team Snipers?

• Yes, I would like to see some new maps added.
    • Eh, I don't play enough to care.
    • No, I love the playlist the way it is.
  2. 2. What maps would you like to play in snipes?

Thats your opinon and your entitled to it. Would you like to enlighted us to why and add to the debate.

Sniping by nature is a covert and stealth. I would like to see the following added and deleted. IMHO.

• All small maps like Uncaged and indoor maps like Reflection be removed.
  • Atom to be abolished forever from all playlists
  • Outdoor maps only (Pinnacle as the smallest) Paradiso, Utopie, Abridged, Renegade, Highlands, Tempest and Temptation, Hemmorage, Spire, Boneyard, Wayont and Trident would all be good.
  • Reduced team kill count to 25 or 30 kills. People will camp in snipers. It is what snipers do.
  • Cammo and Hologram to be the only AA.
  • No secondary weapon or grenades period.
  • And the real controversial one. Make them reload after each shot to stop the spamming body shot kills. You want a true one shot kill then it has to be a headshot.

I would love to explain why I disagree...:)

1. I love the midsize maps that are already put into Snipes. Uncaged's spawns and tower-camping antics are B.S. but I think that problem could be fixed with some attention/tweaks. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Reflection. No easy spawnkilling with very unique angles for shots. It takes skill to be good at Reflection.

2. Atom was a good sniper map although the spawnkilling was horrendous. Tower control on it was of the utmost importance but you could also skate by undetected bottom mid and behind the enemy's base if you were good/sneaky enough. It has already been removed from Team Snipers and I doubt it will be coming back so I'll just leave it at that.

3. Some of those maps are just way too big and would inspire people to camp behind rocks in very obscure places. Thus leaving games to probably be guaranteed to end before anybody reached 30 kills. This is too slow and too boring for anyone to enjoy it. Paradiso especially was taken out for a reason. It was a VERY poorly designed map (Or poorly designed section of Forge World rather.)

4. You can't take something that's not broken and change it drastically without a good reason. The 50 killcount to win is unique to Halo, and will ALWAYS 'be' Halo. I extremely disagree with this solely for the fact that 50 kills to win in Team Snipers has stayed that way since Halo 2.

5. Sprint. What is wrong with sprint? Nothing. Lol. Camo. What is wrong with camo in Snipers? EVERYTHING lol. God camouflage is snipers would honestly make me never play Halo again. It would be a mess of people just shooting people undetected, and we all know it is absolutely impossible to see someone that has the maximum camo coverage. Even when you're right next to them. Hologram's are fine. They actually take skill to use sometimes and it isn't overpowered.

6. I have absolutely no issue with secondary weapons simply because it takes skill to use them as well (most of the time). Plus you can't go a whole game using a pistol in Team Snipers and get away with a perfection. It just doesn't happen. Same with the shotgun. I also just think without an option to have a secondary weapon, games would be a lot more dull and boring than they already are. Grenades are iffy to me because I think it takes skill to use them as well. And it makes sense that a person holding a sniper with a secondary weapon might also have a grenade as a backup equipment to ensure their survival. These things are tools to help players survive. How or if you even utilize it is simply your own problem. HOWEVER if grenades were removed from Snipers, I wouldn't complain.

7. This is just a rediculous idea that should've stayed in that thick skull of yours lol. One shot snipers might be an interesting custom game or a game variant in the aforementioned "fun" snipers playlist. But the regular snipers clip needs to stay the way it is or the game would honestly just become broken. Perhaps because I'd throw it out the window.

I agree completely with what your sayn COOPD. Snipers was such a fun gametype in Halo 2 and 3, that being said I believe it had to do with the maps that were in both of those games. Reach I believe has a very limited number of good maps that would work well for Team Snipers. Which means that 343i or the Halo Community will have to make maps for the playlist. I know tons of people including myself that would galdly make maps to improve a beloved playlist.

• Like 1

I agree completely with what your sayn COOPD. Snipers was such a fun gametype in Halo 2 and 3, that being said I believe it had to do with the maps that were in both of those games. Reach I believe has a very limited number of good maps that would work well for Team Snipers. Which means that 343i or the Halo Community will have to make maps for the playlist. I know tons of people including myself that would galdly make maps to improve a beloved playlist.

I would gladly test those maps with you

I would love to explain why I disagree... :)

1. I love the midsize maps that are already put into Snipes. Uncaged's spawns and tower-camping antics are B.S. but I think that problem could be fixed with some attention/tweaks. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Reflection. No easy spawnkilling with very unique angles for shots. It takes skill to be good at Reflection.

2. Atom was a good sniper map although the spawnkilling was horrendous. Tower control on it was of the utmost importance but you could also skate by undetected bottom mid and behind the enemy's base if you were good/sneaky enough. It has already been removed from Team Snipers and I doubt it will be coming back so I'll just leave it at that.

3. Some of those maps are just way too big and would inspire people to camp behind rocks in very obscure places. Thus leaving games to probably be guaranteed to end before anybody reached 30 kills. This is too slow and too boring for anyone to enjoy it. Paradiso especially was taken out for a reason. It was a VERY poorly designed map (Or poorly designed section of Forge World rather.)

4. You can't take something that's not broken and change it drastically without a good reason. The 50 killcount to win is unique to Halo, and will ALWAYS 'be' Halo. I extremely disagree with this solely for the fact that 50 kills to win in Team Snipers has stayed that way since Halo 2.

5. Sprint. What is wrong with sprint? Nothing. Lol. Camo. What is wrong with camo in Snipers? EVERYTHING lol. God camouflage is snipers would honestly make me never play Halo again. It would be a mess of people just shooting people undetected, and we all know it is absolutely impossible to see someone that has the maximum camo coverage. Even when you're right next to them. Hologram's are fine. They actually take skill to use sometimes and it isn't overpowered.

6. I have absolutely no issue with secondary weapons simply because it takes skill to use them as well (most of the time). Plus you can't go a whole game using a pistol in Team Snipers and get away with a perfection. It just doesn't happen. Same with the shotgun. I also just think without an option to have a secondary weapon, games would be a lot more dull and boring than they already are. Grenades are iffy to me because I think it takes skill to use them as well. And it makes sense that a person holding a sniper with a secondary weapon might also have a grenade as a backup equipment to ensure their survival. These things are tools to help players survive. How or if you even utilize it is simply your own problem. HOWEVER if grenades were removed from Snipers, I wouldn't complain.

7. This is just a rediculous idea that should've stayed in that thick skull of yours lol. One shot snipers might be an interesting custom game or a game variant in the aforementioned "fun" snipers playlist. But the regular snipers clip needs to stay the way it is or the game would honestly just become broken. Perhaps because I'd throw it out the window.

Thanks you for a different insight Coopd. I appreciate the time you have taken to put in a well thought out reply. I agree point 7 should of stayed in " my thick Skull" and you have given me a different insight to some of my points. Some I agree with some I dont. I am glad atom is gone (I hated that map in snipes) and definately think Uncaged needs something done to it if it is to stay.

• Like 1

my favorite map hemorrhage e (aka blood gulch) for sniping. i am a sniper strictly, so i am most effective at medium to long range engagements. now sniping is much different than other game type and is best served on a fairly straight through map with plenty of hiding places and long range between players. reflection is NOT a sniping map. neither is zealot. as a stationary sniper, it is a royal pain in the a$$ to find a good hiding spot on a CQB map. the two should not be mixed. so seeing more maps like blood gulch would be better. unfortunately, i do not want to lose that map from the play list because, first of all, i am lethal to anything with a pulse, and second, it is an absolute perfect map for all kinds of snipers.

win on hemorrhage- guy on live is a smacktalker. tries to 1 on 1 me in a snipers match (8 people on game). he not only ate his words, but ate my bullets too. he quit after a while. lol

WOW THANK YOU I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THIS!!! new maps would be amazing thats one of the reasons i dont really play snipes as much anymore due to the repetition of the map selection, but yeah Kudos for speaking the truth man

I do agree Halo Reach needs to respect Snipers. My favorite map is Hemorhage.

Also, " x IM ALEX x" how'd you get that AWESOME Signature?

I do agree Halo Reach needs to respect Snipers. My favorite map is Hemorhage.

Also, " x IM ALEX x" how'd you get that AWESOME Signature?

Dude just click on the sig and itll take you to halo tracker, make an account, make the sig, copy and paste the pic to here and boom there you go

• 3 weeks later...

I was just prowling over the old forums and i came across this one again.

I luv snipers so much now i can't contain myself. Just yesterday, i was playing BTB snipers, and Team Snipers Utopie. That's all it took for me as i camped and pwned the other team, to completely love snipers.

Just the rush as i obliterated the team. It was just sooo fun. I'm so happy there's a Team Snipers playlist. I just wish there was a playlist with only BTB Snipers. I love it now.

I was just prowling over the old forums and i came across this one again.

I luv snipers so much now i can't contain myself. Just yesterday, i was playing BTB snipers, and Team Snipers Utopie. That's all it took for me as i camped and pwned the other team, to completely love snipers.

Just the rush as i obliterated the team. It was just sooo fun. I'm so happy there's a Team Snipers playlist. I just wish there was a playlist with only BTB Snipers. I love it now.

Well.....we may be able to consider this an "answered" thread by 343ind. This is a link to the Anniversary Playlist. They do love snipers after all.

What do you mean? On here or the forums? If then the game, I mean c'mon I play Snipers all of the time. But I still don't understand you.

You're confusing me, if you even were talking to me. The guy said maybe 343 should hold a forge contest for new Team Snipers maps(cuz IMO they're old).

And i was like, yeah maybe 343 should take it into consideration.

Finally, i doubt we could forge in the forums. Unless you meant we hold a thread where people make Team Snipers maps and post the links in there to be seen.

• 1 month later...

the truth is, people (an indefenite term, I know) do not like team snipers in the long run. The trademarks of halo are team slayer and CTF. Snipers is a fun gametype to play on occasion but the majority of the halo community, to the best of my knowlege, really don't care, so it just won't get the same attention as other game modes.