Is my Service Tag really offensive.

Slayer Of Flood

I dont know if any of you have noticed lately but Halo reach service tags have been banned presumably from a complaint from someone you owned in a game. I dont know if a human being actually looks at these complaints but i have had several mates changed recently with no explaination and a complete blockout of the old service tag from Halo matchplay. I mean come on 343 how could these 4 service tags be offensive. FLUD,GRIM,DEV and FAIL. Anyone else had or seen this problem and had their service tag banned and replaced with H488 without any reason from a truely non offensive tag.

some are obvious swear words, and they dont get banned smh

Agree 100% there. I have seen Service Tags that most would find offensive but I dont lodge complaints. It seems now that if someone lodges a complaint then your tag is offensive and no one at 343 acutally looks into it to see if the Service tag is really offensive or not. SO the rule must be you can get away with it until someone complains.

What really ****s me is we have no right of reply and no proper channel to lodge a complaint with when it happens and then you have to come up with another tag and all your mates have to get used to it again in games.

maybe people complain about you because you aren't nice on xbox live. if you trash talk, betray, ect... people might report you. that may be why.

Maybe they do Kurt. But they have mute bans for behaviour like that and I have never had a mute ban. As a group we have an idea which person had made the complaint, one of our mates we caught out manipulating the connection and using modded controllers so we dumped him from our friends list and avoided him in games, but my point is that they just ban it on a complaint and 343 or Microsoft dont acutally look as to whether the tag is offensive or not.

They have automated ban systems I think because I got banned from matchmaking for having the whole first verse of a rap song in my bio, and right after I got unbanned I got banned AGAIN and I looked at the evidence and it was the SAME bio I got banned for the first time. So I got banned twice from the same bio, when they removed it the first time. Bulllllllllllllll.

I don't think they'd pay someone to sift through appeals and bans and whatnot. Because quite frankly 90% of them are just probably bull**** anyway

• Like 1

Kids, by the sound of it. Jealous kids, perhaps. Jealous that they never thought of the service ID first, or jealous of your mad skillz.

If it keeps happening I'd head over to the official 343i forums and petition for a change and a reinstatement of my service ID. Just because somebody reports you doesn't mean they're being honest. And if people can't understand that, then all we can do is either stop playing, or accept that our gamertags and service ID's don't make us awesome.

Of these two routes, if we choose the latter, just go with something that's impossible to reasonably consider offensive. I mean, anybody who reports an ID of “B252” is obviously a rutting troll, and anybody with half a brain could see that.

So hang in there. Having the “cool” armor bits, or a nifty gamertag or Service ID does not make you awesome. And anybody who disagrees isn't worth taking seriously. Some of the best players I've personally gone up against had default armor and generic Service ID's because that's part of being a hustler. :D Get your opponents to underestimate you and they won't give you their best.

Take it easy. Have fun. Everything will be alright. :yes