Capcom Open for Stock Buyout

Video game giant, Capcom, is now open to a total buyout via stocks, thanks to a reversal in an older decision to not allow any shareholder to have complete control over the company.

Capcom is well known for it's games, from Resident Evil to Megaman, the company has no doubt created legends in the gaming industry, but you might be forced to buy a specific platform or from a specific company soon to pick up a Capcom product. According to IGN.com, the company made clear today that they are opening the option to stockholders with massive shares in the company. A business enactment made in 2008 from Capcom would've made this nearly impossible, but after it was announced they had around 200 million in their bank, they opened this up as a sort of final effort. Of course the company will overview with it's board of directors before making a final call as to if someone with a large enough hold on the company shares may take control. This could be an easy game buy for major companies like Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo in need of exclusives to sell their consoles. Even larger publishers like EA and Activision could make stellar profits from this with very little investment.

post-26953-0-14553900-1403051605_thumb.png

What do you think of the massive possibility that this legendary company will be under the reigns of someone else as a likely exclusive? Let me know in the comments below, thanks for reading!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

I hope EA or Activision pick this up.

If one of the big consoles actually had to pick this up I hope it would be Nintendo. I want Mega Man to always be in Smash Bros and if MS/Sony own them then that won't ever happen. 

Then again it seems logical that MS would with the success of Dead Rising 3 being exclusive as an X1 launch title and chances are MS could revive Mega Man as an X1 exclusive and utterly gain a huge advantage in the competition(Since that game has such a dedicated fanbase + Mega Man games are just perfect if done right)

But I seriously hope EA, Activision, or Ubisoft pick them up. Exclusives are dumb and no one should be prevented from playing Capcom's awesome games. 

I think this would be a real good move for Nintendo !

Why ? Because Nintendo really needs to do something big to really kick-start Nintendo again E3 was a start but they need something bigger....  and this could be it.

Come on imagine having

Dead rising four

Resident evil 8

Megaman ?

Excusive for Nintendo this would be a killer. :)

This is terrible news, For us the gamers..... If Nintendo buys it we get no good games from Capcom anymore, If sony or microsoft buy it..Good games on a single platoform.. The only way this can end good if another games company buy them out, And then release their games for everything.

^

Dude... Capcom was once a great company and it was innovation in the games industry. :)

That ended many years ago... pushing to 9 years now.

Capcom's glory days are gone and are on the verge of becoming the next to join THQ.

Capcom being up for sale is a good thing for us gamers... trust me we can finally have a true Resident evil game instead of a generic shooter called Resident evil.

• Like 1

Capcom being up for sale is a good thing for us gamers... trust me we can finally have a true Resident evil game instead of a generic shooter called Resident evil.

Preach it Caboose  :thumbsup: