343 Please Fix The Walls!

343 Please fix the walls in the next Halo! Halo Reach and 4 had the dumb invisible walls over pipes and ledges. Halo 3 at least let you climb on the landscape if you could! There are no more cool jumps in Halo and it is really aggravating. Please make the ledges in Halo 5 climbable and not shielded. I hated in Halo 4 in Reach how if there was a pipe, you couldn't even jump on it at all even though there was nothing in the way. You should be able to jump on there but no. You can't.

Please fix this problem in Halo 5 343. Thank you.

We are not the official 343 Industries site.  Please read this...

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/35695-summer-greetings-to-all-newcomers/?p=323218

never the less, I do share your disgust for the myriad of player walls they included in the Halo's as of late.  It would be nice to return to the days of Halo 2, where we could explore anywhere we were able to get too.

If your wanting to get 343's attention directly, you need to post over at Halowaypoint. But trust me, they venture over here often to.see what we post. You would be better off joining us and have some fun on this site. Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

But I want 343 to fix this!

Then either go on Halo Waypoint and participate in the discussions of a few hundred thousand other people and ask them to 'fix the walls', or see if you can reach some of them on twitter.

It ruins hiding spots to ambush people and stuff like that.

Does it? Just because there are invisible wall boxes which are somewhat annoying, it doesn't remove the ability to hide, or to ambush others. Although if what you mean is you lost the ability to camp on cheap positions on the map, well, *shrugs* thanks 343.

How are you suppose to outsmart someone by running away? How are you going to surprise people without jumps like from Halo 3's Guardian?

There are a bunch of ways to outsmart people and to surprise them. You don't need to perform a jump in order to surprise someone. You don't need to run towards the enemy to outsmart them.

Invisible walls suck.

I think the biggest concern or complaint really, should be that we were lied to in Reach, and further lied to in Halo 4.  Bungie told us that we would be able to once again, roam around outside of maps like we did back in Halo 2.  They specifically stated at E3 and in interviews, that they encourage exploration and that anything we see that is part of the map (not skybox) we could get to if we were tricky enough.  Well we all see how that worked out.

And they did it again in Halo 4.  Stating that they put a lot of time into things outside of the map and encouraging out of map exploration.  Again, we got zilch.

Thanks Twin, I think I might stick around here.

Yoko, whether you like it or not Camping is a legit strategy. I don't do it very often. Only when I am outnumbered. I prefer tricking people. You cant do that now. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can be rude about it.

And performing a jump to surprise someone was so much fun and it actually could change a game in halo 3. Seriously. Look at guardian. If a team was holding the sniper tower and they knew you were coming from bottom mid, you could easily do the S1 to S2 jump and throw them off all while stealing their overshield.

Jumps can change a game. Halo Reach had a few, but they were nothing like the hidden jumps in Halo 3.

You could jump from bottom floor on Construct up to the top middle to grab the sniper from another team. That or the camo.

Valhalla, you could grab a sniper and grenade jump up the back side of the ocean side base into a spot where no one would expect you. You could see the whole map and you could literally snipe almost anyone.

I bet you didn't even know that on Guardian in Halo 3 that you could throw a grenade from bottom blue hall to S3 without being seen from the snipe tower.

There were so many tactical advantages of using jumps and hiding spots to your advantage.

It does remove a ton of tactical advantage when you add those invisible walls in. If you could jump on those pipes in Countdown on Halo reach, it really could give you an advantage in the game. Say you are playing a close match, the score is 49-49 and the other team is looking for you. You decide to jump up on that pipe so that when that other player turns the corner, he wont be aiming at your head like he probably would be, he would be aiming at your feet, which would cause less damage to you. You could easily have multiple head and body shots on him and win the game before he realizes that he needs to aim up. It is a small detail, but it is a detail that could change a game.

Word

Understand: My point isn't whether or not camping is a strategy, but the fact that you don't need to utilize glitches in order to get the jump on others. That is dependent on your skill, not on how a map has been made. You're asking them to "fix" the walls - which aren't broken, just annoying - because you've basically lost the ability to camp and ambush using the map, when in truth that ability comes from your skill in using your terrain.

I agree that there's a bunch of annoying limiters on the map that are genuinely stupid but I don't agree that these should be "fixed" with the reason being to basically allow more camping and cheap hiding spots.

and then boltshot boom all day everyday camping everywhere.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would like the same also. Exploration of maps in Halo 2 was awesome. There was no 10 second countdown to haul bananas back to the actual maps and there were barely death barriers. I'd like to have the time to explore maps again in H5G.