Video: Dan Ayoub confirms individual Mplayer for each game

As the title states, in the video linked below, Dan Ayoub confirms that players will be able to choose multiplayer from each game individually.  I have seen a lot of confusion/disagreement on this point on this forum (and many others), so I figured this information deserved its own thread.  I was also confused by this topic, and I desperately wanted there to be an option to play the multiplayer's separately, so I was thrilled to find this video.

To watch the video click on the link and scroll down to the second video entitled: Interview and Gameplay.

At the 8:30 mark, Ayoub clarifies how multiplayer will work.

At the 7:40 mark, Ayoub also confirms that the Halo 1 multiplayer component will be the original code from H1:CE, and not from the H1:CEA (also a source of confusion).

At the 10 minute mark, Ayoub discusses the Halo 5 beta.  I haven't followed news on the beta closely, so I can't say whether he offers any new information.

Overall, I'd recommend watching the entire video if you have the time.

Video link: http://www.polygon.com/a/e3-2014/halo-the-master-chief-collection

• Like 5

WOO HOO!!!! 

Halo 2 in all of its glory foreveh!!!  lol.  Probably going to only play H2, not gonna lie.  I don't remember exactly, maybe someone can clarify, but I think I heard something about being able to join random customs as well?  Like you can set your custom game to joinable and anyone can search and find your custom game.  Almost similar to what you can do with XBC it seems.  If so, that sounds like a BLAST! I hope I heard that anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to be super awesome!!! However, I do

kind of worry about players... Will there be enough?

What if everyone (not literally everyone) were to mostly

play one game over the other? Like if everyone played

Halo 2, there would be nobody to play Halo 3 with... It's

just another thing to think about.

I'm still excited for this though, nice find dude!

• 3 months later...