The campaign's too short

sloops09

I haven't completed the game ODST on my console but I took it too my friends it took us 3 hours 38 minutes to get through the game, the urban environment is cool and I enjoy the game but I really think they could have made it a longer story or a sequel (please note: I don't remember the ending as we did it a while ago)

• Like 1

Halo 3 or ODST?

If we're talking 3, I loved the campaign. It took me about 4 days to beat, but it was a lot of fun. The story was great. If you're looking to make it last longer, try playing solo with all skulls on, it'll definitely try your patience.

As for ODST, I never played ODST's campaign through, so I can't really offer any opinion on it. :(

• Like 1

If you fool around as much as me and my friends did on the level Halo, then the campaign will last about 6 hours longer.

Not just Halo, but all levels in general. Go swimming on the first level. Fight the marines on the second, Fool with the scarab on the fourth, jump out of the map on the fifth, explore the ark on the sixth, look for the terminals on the ark, skulls. There is so much to do in Halo 3's campaign besides playing it. That's why I want Halo 5 to be more open like some of it's predecessors. It creates fun opportunities within itself.

I found ODST to be of comparable length to the other Halo games. Part of it is taking your time between the "flashbacks" and just exploring the city. Picking and choosing your fights and making the Covenant suffer as much as possible before hitting your waypoint.

I mean you can blow through the campaign on any Halo game in a matter of a few hours but that's just rushing things and ignoring so much.

Halo 3 is long enough but I mean ODST

ODST can be long or short compared on the way you play. If you just go from flashback to flashback, of course it's going to be short. If you explore the city inbetween them though, like VF said, then it will be much longer and enjoyable campaign.

Let's also not forget finding and watching the audio logs. It's a pretty fun hunt for those things, even if you know where they are.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The game was originally designed to be a DLC for Halo 3- it was a side project made using te Halo 3 engine before development for Reach went into full swing.

For what it is, it is bloody brilliant, an certainly in my top 3 Halo games.

Try playing it in Legendary with skulls, should be longer. :) Also like rrhunt said, try to fool around and stuff. Like in Halo 4's mission Shutdown, I sometimes kill all of the Spartans and marines in the beginning. In Legenday or Heroic, it can be pretty difficult. I think most Halos are 8-9 missions, but I haven't played ODST so I don't know.