Halo vs CoD?

Rumerboy

Halo vs CoD?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Halo vs CoD?

• Halo
    • Call of Duty

Honestly, although these are long time rivaling games, they are not really adequite to compare. they are completely different playing styles, in the end it comes down to personal preference.

this is like comparing mass effect to gears of war. completely different

• 2 weeks later...

Cod isn't even worth comparing to Halo, unless its Cod4 and older. Cod4 and Cod2 took skills, the newer games are a pure waste of time imo. It got to unbalanced and to much crap added, i prefered to good old days of 2 & 4. Used to be in a private circuit for cod2, and all me and a friend played was bolt action rifles. You either had skill or you pretty much went negative always.

Another problem yet faced with a community such as Halo's.....noone can ever admit fault or flaws with the product and say something positive about it's rival. Noone here knows more about loyalty...I have been there and seen that around these forums in the nearly year I have been here. But you have to take your head out of ass at some point and just come clean with the fact that some things are better implemented and supported on another game or platform.

Yes this a Halo fansite...but that does not meant hat your honest opinion or game industry fact is any less valid or meaningful. Do you really think I care who has anything to say about what I post? hellz no! I speak whats on my mind and post facts to back it.

I'm just gonna go on record to say that Halo in general is the superior title, but only in terms of multiplayer play. CoD has the campaign bragging rights and anyone would be a fool to deny it. CoD is not a milked game. I have played enough Halo in my life, and to some people that should make me a total powerhouse in a simplt "milked" or "Point, Shoot, Dead" game. That could not be further from the truth. I couldnt play CoD to save my life....and thats because

CoD is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ENGINE AND GAME METRIC THAN HALO

In no way shape or form can you properly compare the two. There is no level ground to do it on. Besides....CoD didn't just outsell halo last year for no good reason. Obviously Activision got something right in order to do that.

• Like 3

I've had this argument over and over with my COD fanboy friend. He once called COD a "Halo Killer". My response was, "Only if the make Halo more like COD." And in some ways, with Reach, they did. And COD finally outsold a Halo game.

However, you can't compare COD sales figures to Halo sales figures because with the exception of Halo CE and Halo 2, Halo is an X-Box specific title. People buy COD for X-box, PS3, PC, and even a few handheld systems. It's easy for a cross platform game to outsell a console specific game.

As far as realism goes, does COD really win that one? In real life, one bullet ANYWHERE on your body WILL drop you unless it only grazes you. Even if you take it in the flak. On COD, you can waste an entire clip on someone and not get a kill. A knife in the COD world has more power than a bullet. You hit someone in the foot with a tomahawk or a throwing knife and they die, but a bullet in the foot is ineffective. In real life, there are no perks, no kill streaks, bullets have more killing power than knives, and vehicles do not explode when you shoot them too much.

Halo, in it's own original way, is far more realistic than COD. See, sci-fi means that even though it isn't real, it is based on science and fact. MJOLNIR armor was made to resist ballistics, which is why it takes a few shots to drop you. The vehicles on Halo are fusion run, which is why they explode when they are damaged to much. You have power armor, which increases your strength which is why you are able to jump higher than average. You are wearing full body armor that is similar to a tanks, with an internal gel that helps protect against impact damage and assists with muscle movement so you are more accurate, and a shield covering every square inch of your body. To say that it isn't realistic because it's sci-fi is just proving that you are ignorant of what the word realistic means.

As far as skill goes, you can become a decent COD player in a couple days with a bit of luck. With Halo, luck is spread VERY thin. In Halo CE, 2, and 3 spraying and praying won't get you very far. In COD on the other hand, THAT'S HOW YOU PLAY IT! There are very few aspects of COD that take skill, and even those who actually DO have skill in these aspects get killed by a lucky newb every game.

COD is a good FPS, but it isn't even in league with Halo. Halo is the almost the definition of FPS. Everything that Halo has done over the years has been used by other FPS games to make their game better. The two weapon system, limited ammo and grenades, melee, health regeneration, and more have been incorporated into almost every FPS that has been released since Halo CE hit the market. Even COD uses the two weapon, health regen, and limited ammo/nades that made Halo CE stand out from every FPS in it's generation. Halo and COD are fundamentally different, and comparing them is unfair. Halo is Halo, COD is COD.

A better comparison would be Battlefield vs COD.

• Like 4

I've had this argument over and over with my COD fanboy friend. He once called COD a "Halo Killer". My response was, "Only if the make Halo more like COD." And in some ways, with Reach, they did. And COD finally outsold a Halo game.

However, you can't compare COD sales figures to Halo sales figures because with the exception of Halo CE and Halo 2, Halo is an X-Box specific title. People buy COD for X-box, PS3, PC, and even a few handheld systems. It's easy for a cross platform game to outsell a console specific game.

As far as realism goes, does COD really win that one? In real life, one bullet ANYWHERE on your body WILL drop you unless it only grazes you. Even if you take it in the flak. On COD, you can waste an entire clip on someone and not get a kill. A knife in the COD world has more power than a bullet. You hit someone in the foot with a tomahawk or a throwing knife and they die, but a bullet in the foot is ineffective. In real life, there are no perks, no kill streaks, bullets have more killing power than knives, and vehicles do not explode when you shoot them too much.

Halo, in it's own original way, is far more realistic than COD. See, sci-fi means that even though it isn't real, it is based on science and fact. MJOLNIR armor was made to resist ballistics, which is why it takes a few shots to drop you. The vehicles on Halo are fusion run, which is why they explode when they are damaged to much. You have power armor, which increases your strength which is why you are able to jump higher than average. You are wearing full body armor that is similar to a tanks, with an internal gel that helps protect against impact damage and assists with muscle movement so you are more accurate, and a shield covering every square inch of your body. To say that it isn't realistic because it's sci-fi is just proving that you are ignorant of what the word realistic means.

As far as skill goes, you can become a decent COD player in a couple days with a bit of luck. With Halo, luck is spread VERY thin. In Halo CE, 2, and 3 spraying and praying won't get you very far. In COD on the other hand, THAT'S HOW YOU PLAY IT! There are very few aspects of COD that take skill, and even those who actually DO have skill in these aspects get killed by a lucky newb every game.

COD is a good FPS, but it isn't even in league with Halo. Halo is the almost the definition of FPS. Everything that Halo has done over the years has been used by other FPS games to make their game better. The two weapon system, limited ammo and grenades, melee, health regeneration, and more have been incorporated into almost every FPS that has been released since Halo CE hit the market. Even COD uses the two weapon, health regen, and limited ammo/nades that made Halo CE stand out from every FPS in it's generation. Halo and COD are fundamentally different, and comparing them is unfair. Halo is Halo, COD is COD.

A better comparison would be Battlefield vs COD.

You are God?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Halo is better than COD. Halo does not have as many children (yes halo does have a few itself but not as many as COD, nothing against children, it's just the ones who cuss all the time and etc, that need a good whooping). Halo is more competetive and balanced, even though Reach wasn't really balanced at all, i have some hope for halo 4. COD has good fast paced gameplay where anyone can play, which is good and bad. Halo takes a bit longer to play, but is worth it in the end. Offical rating of both games, Halo 9/10, Cod 7/10.

CoD may see their fair.share more with children...but Halo has the most immature teen thru 25 population I have ever seen. In fact, I'de rather deal with the CoD kids than the Halo community anyday....and this.coming from me!!!!!

Bungie Kids + MLG Wannabes?

I see your point.