Halo vs CoD?

Rumerboy

Halo vs CoD?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Halo vs CoD?

• Halo
    • Call of Duty

Honestly, I don't mind playing COD if I can't play Halo for some reason. It's not a bad game, but as far as "realism" goes, those of us with military experience laugh at it. A lot.

Let's chat about the realism. First, it doesn't take half a clip to bring a guy with just a flak jacket on. You get him in the arms or legs, he will hit the ground. You shoot someone in the foot, they will not be able to sprint after you and knife you. So, as far as it being more realistic then Halo goes, not really. Second, their attempts at balancing the game kind of throws off the realism even more. They need to put more research into 5.56 and 7.62 rounds before they equate the damage done with an M16 and an AK-47.

Let's talk about realism with Halo. As far as weapons go, it seems fairly unrealistic. In real life, a bullet has travel time, which means you usually have to lead your opponent by a bit if they are moving. However, remember that this is a few hundred years into the future. So, ballistics in the future will probably travel a whole lot faster than the ones used in present times. Well, that makes the weapons seem more realistic, let's talk about damage. If a Spartan get's hit, they have about a ton of armor protecting their already hardened bodies, and it's full body armor WITH shields. So, the damage is fairly realistic. Now let's talk about the tech. It's not like it's flying cars, or robots that take care of your every whim. It's simply human technology with advancements made to them. Stuff that we are actually currently studying, in fact. Then the covenant. Honestly, fighting them is a whole lot more realistic than a random war with Russia, or some random terrorists who for some reason take a whole lot of ammo before they finally kick the bucket. The covenant are an unknown alien threat. For all we know, at this very moment, there could be advanced alien civilizations out there. So it's not unrealistic.

So realism (oddly enough) goes to Halo.

Now, let's talk about the STORY :D The COD storyline is pretty much all over the place. It's kind of difficult to follow, between the fps cinematics and the constant bombardment of enemies every level. To me, the story in COD feels like something out of a Tom Clancy novel rather than an actual, thought out, fact checked story that could get printed in a series of New York Times bestsellers. The Halo storyline is one that is adored by fans of all ages. You don't even have to pick up one of the books to realize that it's well thought out. It has all of the qualities of an awesome story (IMO). It has the hero (117), the antagonist (covenant), betrayal (covenant vs elites), odd alliances (elites/humans), and the sacrifice made to save humanity (deaths of favorite characters). It didn't have random plot twists, it wasn't gimmicky, and it was well thought out. It is unique. And every single Halo game has differences from it's predecessor that make it seem like a whole new game, but still Halo.

This is all imo, with a bit of fact here and there, but it's the reasons I prefer the Halo series over COD.

• Like 2

Honestly, I don't mind playing COD if I can't play Halo for some reason. It's not a bad game, but as far as "realism" goes, those of us with military experience laugh at it. A lot.

Let's chat about the realism. First, it doesn't take half a clip to bring a guy with just a flak jacket on. You get him in the arms or legs, he will hit the ground. You shoot someone in the foot, they will not be able to sprint after you and knife you. So, as far as it being more realistic then Halo goes, not really. Second, their attempts at balancing the game kind of throws off the realism even more. They need to put more research into 5.56 and 7.62 rounds before they equate the damage done with an M16 and an AK-47.

Let's talk about realism with Halo. As far as weapons go, it seems fairly unrealistic. In real life, a bullet has travel time, which means you usually have to lead your opponent by a bit if they are moving. However, remember that this is a few hundred years into the future. So, ballistics in the future will probably travel a whole lot faster than the ones used in present times. Well, that makes the weapons seem more realistic, let's talk about damage. If a Spartan get's hit, they have about a ton of armor protecting their already hardened bodies, and it's full body armor WITH shields. So, the damage is fairly realistic. Now let's talk about the tech. It's not like it's flying cars, or robots that take care of your every whim. It's simply human technology with advancements made to them. Stuff that we are actually currently studying, in fact. Then the covenant. Honestly, fighting them is a whole lot more realistic than a random war with Russia, or some random terrorists who for some reason take a whole lot of ammo before they finally kick the bucket. The covenant are an unknown alien threat. For all we know, at this very moment, there could be advanced alien civilizations out there. So it's not unrealistic.

Now, let's talk about the STORY :D The COD storyline is pretty much all over the place. It's kind of difficult to follow, between the fps cinematics and the constant bombardment of enemies every level. To me, the story in COD feels like something out of a Tom Clancy novel rather than an actual, thought out, fact checked story that could get printed in a series of New York Times bestsellers. The Halo storyline is one that is adored by fans of all ages. You don't even have to pick up one of the books to realize that it's well thought out. It has all of the qualities of an awesome story (IMO). It has the hero (117), the antagonist (covenant), betrayal (covenant vs elites), odd alliances (elites/humans), and the sacrifice made to save humanity (deaths of favorite characters). It didn't have random plot twists, it wasn't gimmicky, and it was well thought out. It is unique. And every single Halo game has differences from it's predecessor that make it seem like a whole new game, but still Halo.

This is all imo, with a bit of fact here and there, but it's the reasons I prefer the Halo series over COD.

cool story bro!

it was just a matter of time for a halo vs cod to be posted, i like both games i will be gettin mw3 and halo cea this year you cant compare halo to cod because they are both completely different other than they are fps, cod and battlefield would be a reasonable comparison and halo and gears of war would also be a reasonable comparison because the both share similar stories and have aliens in it and that they are sci fi games and cod and bf are based on more real life military affairs and are set during the present time, and not just that halo and cod have different in game abilities

Now, let's talk about the STORY biggrin.gif The COD storyline is pretty much all over the place. It's kind of difficult to follow, between the fps cinematics and the constant bombardment of enemies every level. To me, the story in COD feels like something out of a Tom Clancy novel rather than an actual, thought out, fact checked story that could get printed in a series of New York Times bestsellers. The Halo storyline is one that is adored by fans of all ages. You don't even have to pick up one of the books to realize that it's well thought out. It has all of the qualities of an awesome story (IMO). It has the hero (117), the antagonist (covenant), betrayal (covenant vs elites), odd alliances (elites/humans), and the sacrifice made to save humanity (deaths of favorite characters). It didn't have random plot twists, it wasn't gimmicky, and it was well thought out. It is unique. And every single Halo game has differences from it's predecessor that make it seem like a whole new game, but still Halo.

Nice. I Admire people like this who write a lot to prove what they think is right. :thumbsup: Anyways, Halo hands down. Halo, to me is just way better. More fun, and just plain epic! However COD, ehhh not so much. Although the campaign was well thought and one of the best stories i know, It's multiplayer experience was shameful and ruined he whole game. Recipe for COD multiplayer: Bad Graphics, Completely copied from Halo and changed to the point where it was even worse, campers and hackers, etc. ( This is off topic, but I would also prefer Gears of War better than COD.) One last thing, for the votes, Halo is obviously gonna be a higher vote because it's posted on a Halo community site. So Halo fans, like me, will pose a real threat to Call of Duty or COD. So, Halo hands down. Halo_logo.png

The Halo multiplayer is better than COD. You actually need skill to shoot someone, because, unlike COD, a few headshots will only drain the player's shield. Halo has a MUCH better physics engine. There's no preprogrammed animation for headshot or anything. A shot to the heart will make the player twitch to his left as he dies. And the vehicles are much better too. Alien hovercraft + good ol' human jeeps makes for a heck of a road battle. Also, some people say that Halo has 'unrealistic' weapons. As far as plasma weapons are concerned, its a lot better than some of the crap they have in COD. Also...wait am i talking too much? I could go on forever but I don't think people have the time to read these lectures. Anyway, these points should be enough to vote for Halo. Oh oh, one more thing. BEST CAMPAIGNS EVAAAA!

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

You posst this question on an halo site what do you expect XD?

But im with spectral jester I play the heck out of reach multiplayer and gears multiplayer.

And I enjoy Cod singleplayers and multiplayers too but the get frustrating over a while

There si one aspect about the two that has yet to be discussed. So I guess I will bring this up....COMMUNITY AWARENESS. It is no suprise, that Halo in general, outside the CE HEK, and the shotty rushed / cancelled H2 HEK, that MSG and Bungie are simply not as community involved or aware than Trayarc or Activision. Every CoD game I think, has seen a simultanious release on PC. Now yes, MSG of coarse would want to keep their 1st party title close to the console it also makes, but it does need to branch out more and support say oh I don't know...THE FRICKEN O.S. IT ALSO MAKES!?! Seems it would make sense right? Release the game on console, and release it on the OS you make also.

But, as a company and developer, MSG is more concerned with keeping every aspect of it's games under it's own control. While games like CoD, enpower the community to host their own servers, run their own games, police them etc.... So that is why I say in respect to true community awareness, CoD wins hands down every time. Also lest us not forget that CoD usually sees 5 times the amount of add-on goodies and DLC that Halo usually does. now wether or not said DLC content is good or not is not the issue. the fact that it is made and distributed is.

• 3 weeks later...

-Conversation between the two-

>>

COD: Come at me bro!!

>>

>>

Halo: Get on my Level!!

just sayin. I played BLOPS for a while... and honestly... it is not one of those games that made me want to pick the controller up again to play. Halo on the other hand.. if I don't be careful I could get addicted. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...