Ask The Director 2.0

Have I? :troll:

Failed to do what I wanted you to do? Nope.

How much does it cost to photoshop a house?

Depends on the version of photoshop.

Have you really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Yes. Twice.

How can you sleep at night knowing that the Irish may invade your lovely state at any moment for the sweet sweet reward which is a potato?

They'd have to get through a lot of land and water to be able to do that.

• 3 weeks later...

What are your views on the ANZUS treaty? 

It was pretty critical during the cold-war, but needs to be modernized. There isn't much of a threat of global nuclear war anymore, and the vast majority of nuclear powers have vowed (at least publicly) not to use these weapons. 

The tensions between the US and NZ have thawed quite a bit, and the US and AU have generally been pretty friendly. Except that one time that the (at the time) new PM backed out of an ICBM testing deal. So it shouldn't be to difficult to further cement the treaty and modernize it to everyone's liking.

You have created a paradox with that explanation of how your directions work, have you not?

Nope.

• Like 1

Oh shee waddap!?

But seriously.

What is your opinion on The X-Files? I have only binge watched up to season 3, and have 6 more to watch.

I watched it as it aired, and at the time it was pretty decent. A good chunk of the special effects haven't aged well, but the story can be pretty gripping if you're into that sort of thing.

What happens to your brain if your body undergoes a coma?

Usually your brain goes into basic survival mode. In most cases it keeps your heart and lungs functioning, but cannot 'boot up' all the way until whatever caused the coma has been repaired. This can take days, weeks, or even years. It is known as a vegetative state (or persistent vegetative state) and the world record for waking up from one is 19 years. So far only two people have survived that long in a vegetative state. Terry Wallis and Jan Grzebski.

In some cases the damage cannot be repaired. Normally a vegetative state only requires a feeding tube and hydration IV. Someone who needs active life support is not in a coma, they are brain dead. Brain death may also be declared on someone who still has vital signs due to an uninjured brain stem, but the rest of their brain is damaged beyond recovery. No one has ever woken up from brain death. Those who claim otherwise are victims of Hollywood's misconceptions on comas and brain death, or trying to sell a story of their own. Or they're even trying to get people to further mistrust doctors to push their agenda. Usually something like antiabortion or antieuthanasia.

Usually your brain goes into basic survival mode. In most cases it keeps your heart and lungs functioning, but cannot 'boot up' all the way until whatever caused the coma has been repaired. This can take days, weeks, or even years. It is known as a vegetative state (or persistent vegetative state) and the world record for waking up from one is 19 years. So far only two people have survived that long in a vegetative state. Terry Wallis and Jan Grzebski.

In some cases the damage cannot be repaired. Normally a vegetative state only requires a feeding tube and hydration IV. Someone who needs active life support is not in a coma, they are brain dead. Brain death may also be declared on someone who still has vital signs due to an uninjured brain stem, but the rest of their brain is damaged beyond recovery. No one has ever woken up from brain death. Those who claim otherwise are victims of Hollywood's misconceptions on comas and brain death, or trying to sell a story of their own. Or they're even trying to get people to further mistrust doctors to push their agenda. Usually something like antiabortion or antieuthanasia.

I don't quite understand though, if it's not a medically induced coma.. would it have to be a significant blow to the head to cause ones body to resort to being in a coma in order to heal vital body parts? I've heard two things (from experience being an RN [Registered Nurse]) That medically induced and trauma-related comas work different ways, forgive me for not bringing that up before. But what is the real core difference between the two? Either way your body is forcefully shut down right?

I don't quite understand though, if it's not a medically induced coma.. would it have to be a significant blow to the head to cause ones body to resort to being in a coma in order to heal vital body parts? I've heard two things (from experience being an RN [Registered Nurse]) That medically induced and trauma-related comas work different ways, forgive me for not bringing that up before. But what is the real core difference between the two? Either way your body is forcefully shut down right?

With a medically induced coma there isn't any brain trauma that the brain needs to shut down to repair, allowing the brain to usually 'reboot' at any time. Note the "usually" there lol. Induced comas are generally used to spare people who would otherwise be in terrible pain (like a burn victim) some of that pain while they heal.

A traumatic coma, however, is usually caused by sudden trauma to the brain that causes the brain to shut down. This can be temporary or permanent. It is unknown if the brain does this on it's own as a sort of 'safe mode' so that it can make repairs or if it is simply unable to function with the trauma the way it is. On a side note, relatively little is known about traumatic comas due to the ethics involved in studying them. An MRI can only go so far while studying brain damage, and it's unethical to pop someone's skull off that might be able to wake up again while they cannot consent.

Remember, for it to technically be a coma your body isn't shut down at all. Your brain retains the ability to work your heart, lungs, and other unaffected organs but it simply cannot become aware of its surroundings. If your heart and lungs are not functioning and neither is your brain, you are dead in every way possible. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What happens to an irresistible force when it hits an immovable object?

The immovable object falls in love with the force (because it's irresistible) and they remain where the object is because it's immovable. Then they have little irresistible immovable babies.

If you choke a Smurf what color does it turn?

Purple, same as a human.

• Like 1

The immovable object falls in love with the force (because it's irresistible) and they remain where the object is because it's immovable. Then they have little irresistible immovable babies.

^ This.. I like this. Lmao.

The "paradox" is flawed because if there exists an irresistible force, it follows logically that there cannot be any such thing as an immovable object and vice versa.

Edited by Melody

^ This.. I like this. Lmao.

The "paradox" is flawed because if there exists an irresistible force, it follows logically that there cannot be any such thing as an immovable object and vice versa.

The original paradox is an unstoppable force versus an immovable object lol. I've answered it before, and took this as a chance to point out that irresistible isn't necessarily the same as unstoppable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why did you decide to become a mod, and why do you continue to be a mod on here?

I decided to be a mod because new mods were needed and I had previous experience. I like this forum and the people on it, so I like to help when I can. Helping is easier when I have the tools to do so.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
in steins gate what one item has the chance to start or prevent world war 3?

if you had to live the rest of your life with  a yandere who would it be

1. Future Gadget 204

2. My wife.

Why is it in anime that most guys seem very feminine? I hate it and love it at the same time.

Several reasons. Some artists prefer drawing women and so draw feminine men. Some people deem feminine men untrustworthy to the point that it has become a cliche similar to the "Russian Villain" cliche. Some artists want the bad guy to be a bad girl and draw them feminine as a form of protest.

• 2 weeks later...