Is do a deer, a female deer?

Is ray, a drop of golden sun?

Is mi, a name I call myself?

Is fa, a long long way to run?

Is sol, a needle pulling thread?

Is la, a note that follows sol?

Is ti, a drink with jam and bread?

Does that bring us back to do?

Did Senpai really notice? HAS ALL THE SENPAIS NOTICED?!

DkAK22q.png 

Also, tell me a story. :3

Some senpais notice. Others do not.

And that's not a question. :troll:

Is do a deer, a female deer?

Is ray, a drop of golden sun?

Is mi, a name I call myself?

Is fa, a long long way to run?

Is sol, a needle pulling thread?

Is la, a note that follows sol?

Is ti, a drink with jam and bread?

Does that bring us back to do?

No, doe is.

Yes.

A name, sure, but not a word used to describe yourself (i.e. me).

No, far is.

No, that's sew.

It can be.

No, that's tea.

Only if you're trying to make puns out of solfege. In which case it's far more effective verbally rather than written.

Why are some YouTube videos blocked on mobile devices? I've always found it strange since most (if not all) channels want their channel to grow, but why block videos on mobile devices?

Mainly because ads don't play on mobile devices the same way that they do on non-mobile devices. This means that channels do not make nearly as much money per view on mobile as they do on non-mobile. As a result of this, some channels have opted to make it to where you can ONLY view their videos on non-mobile devices.

You can't really blame them either, because this is their livelihood we're talking about. And there is a drastic difference between mobile and non-mobile revenue. Say there are two channels, and one (channel A) makes videos that were only viewed on non-mobile devices and the other (channel B) makes videos that were only viewed on mobile devices. If both channels got the same amount of views on each video, and channel A was paid $1000, channel B could make as little as $300 for the same amount of work.

The blame lies with the fights between M$ and Google, Youtube's copyright system, and the different types of Youtube Apps.

What are your thoughts of the game 'Undertale'

Also

Was the annoying dog really that annoying?

At first look it's a pretty basic game, but it has plenty of nuance. I mean I give it like a 6-7 out of 10 due to the logical leaps (i.e. a cow forcing itself on you as your over-concerned paternal figure after just seconds of meeting you). These logical leaps kind of killed the 'tear jerker' moments in the game for me.

Anyways, yeah the annoying dog really is annoying, and not just to the protagonist. 

If a person were to go somewhere with a friend they recently met, but their old friend would like to do something entirely different from what that person and their new friend has planned, what would be a good way of handling the situation that makes both of the friends happy?

(This is a solution for a friend of mine, not myself)

If a person were to go somewhere with a friend they recently met, but their old friend would like to do something entirely different from what that person and their new friend has planned, what would be a good way of handling the situation that makes both of the friends happy?

(This is a solution for a friend of mine, not myself)

Basically whoever you made plans with first has the entitlement of your time, unless the other person wants to do something far more awesome (like take you on an all expenses paid vacation to 2045's Mars Base). 

Example: You and your new friend plan to go see Deadpool. Your old friend wants to go see a rom-com on the same day, an hour after you already made the plans with your new friend. Unless you REALLY want to go see the rom-com, you are obligated to honor your original agreement with your new friend. If your old friend doesn't wanna do what you guys are doing, that's your friend's problem. 

If you feel like you're being a jerk, then offer to make plans with your old friend to do something at a later date.

• Like 1

Curiosity Questions

1.  What are 10 unused words in the the English language?
  2. What is the most unused emoji on iPhone devices?
  3. Theoretically speaking, would it be possible to shrink the mass of an object? Thus making it smaller/shrink.
  4. How many different universes/galaxys are outside the milky way?
  5. What is the average life expediency of a River Dolphin?
  6. How many different colors/shades of frogs are known?
Edited by Frisk

Curiosity Questions

1.  What are 10 unused words in the the English language?
  2. What is the most unused emoji on iPhone devices?
  3. Theoretically speaking, would it be possible to shrink the mass of an object? Thus making it smaller/shrink.
  4. How many different universes/galaxys are outside the milky way?
  5. What is the average life expediency of a River Dolphin?
  6. How many different colors/shades of frogs are known?

1. There's no way to know, because it would be around a 100-way tie. At any given time the English language contains words that are 'obsolete', which means that what these words were once used to describe are no longer used commonly enough for people to even use the words.

2. The "Left Luggage" emoji.

3. Yeah, using a tool called a chisel. ;)

4. There currently isn't a way to know for sure.

5. Depends on the type of river dolphin, but overall between 18 and 30 years.

6. Somewhere around 1000 unique colors and 4000 unique color patterns. The maximum amount of different colors and shades of frogs that we can distinguish, interestingly enough, is 10000000.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another question, because it's fun asking you questions. :P

Why are cats love boxes so much? It seems like they would rather play/sleep in a box rather than anywhere else, why do they do this? lol.

Cats love boxes for several possible reasons.

Cats are ambush predators, and there's hardly a better hiding place than a box. Boxes are also pretty enclosed, which offers cats a sense of security. Tight spaces are also usually pretty warm, which is something cats love.

So two questions.

One - Who are the top five members/staff/mods who have the highest recorded time online on the site?

Two - There isn't a second question... April fools :P

Edited by Yang Xiao Long
  • Like 1

What is one game that you would always play and never grow bored of? (Basically favourite game/series)

So two questions.

One - Who are the top five members/staff/mods who have the highest recorded time online on the site?

66 days, 9 hours. Here. :P

So two questions.

1. Azaxx - 548 Days 2 hours

2. GermanShepherdD - 505 Days 19 hours

3. Twam - 474 Days 12 hours

4. Drizzy_Dan - 405 Days 16 hours

5. RedStarRocket91 - 379 Days 7 hours

What is one game that you would always play and never grow bored of? (Basically favourite game/series)

66 days, 9 hours. Here. :P

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on PC with mods. xD

• Like 3

Paradox: Once you're in the future, the "present" is in the past. Explain.

Not a question lol and also incorrect. The present is defined as "existing or occurring now". This means that no matter what, right now is always the present. The past is "gone by in time", which means that literally .00000000000000000001 second ago is the past. If it isn't in this exact moment in time, it's either in the past or in the future. The future is "at a later time", which means that literally .000000000000000000001 second from now is the future.

These concepts are pretty simple. Past, future, and present are completely relative to every individual. If you were to travel through time to year 1970, then you would still be in the present (relative to you and everyone existing around you at that moment). Same if you were to travel to year 100070. You cannot 'be' in the future or the past relative to yourself, because every time you move throughout time you are in your own present.

• Like 1

1. Azaxx - 548 Days 2 hours

2. GermanShepherdD - 505 Days 19 hours

3. Twam - 474 Days 12 hours

4. Drizzy_Dan - 405 Days 16 hours

5. RedStarRocket91 - 379 Days 7 hours

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on PC with mods. xD

Heh, I beat Drizzy, he sucks :P

Not a question lol and also incorrect. The present is defined as "existing or occurring now". This means that no matter what, right now is always the present. The past is "gone by in time", which means that literally .00000000000000000001 second ago is the past. If it isn't in this exact moment in time, it's either in the past or in the future. The future is "at a later time", which means that literally .000000000000000000001 second from now is the future.

These concepts are pretty simple. Past, future, and present are completely relative to every individual. If you were to travel through time to year 1970, then you would still be in the present (relative to you and everyone existing around you at that moment). Same if you were to travel to year 100070. You cannot 'be' in the future or the past relative to yourself, because every time you move throughout time you are in your own present.

That is actually an incredible take on Time Travel, you've opened my mind to new possibilities sir.

And.. since I posted again might as well ask another pointless question! :D

If I froze a human inside a cryogenic tube/chamber with life-support, what would be the chances or possibility of the person inside to die of probable causes? Also (Dragon Ball Z Question) The water therapy chamber-tube Goku was placed inside after a battle to accelerate healing, would this be possible in treating injured people in today's age?

That is actually an incredible take on Time Travel, you've opened my mind to new possibilities sir.

And.. since I posted again might as well ask another pointless question! :D

If I froze a human inside a cryogenic tube/chamber with life-support, what would be the chances or possibility of the person inside to die of probable causes? Also (Dragon Ball Z Question) The water therapy chamber-tube Goku was placed inside after a battle to accelerate healing, would this be possible in treating injured people in today's age?

You have to be dead to be frozen lol so 100%. The water therapy thing in the DBZ universe doesn't really exist in ours because it's considered pointless by many medical professionals.

So here's the pros and cons

Pro: It would keep a patient from smashing themselves on the bed during a seizure. Con: They could still hit the glass and even pull the breathing tubes out, drowning themselves.

Pro: Ointments would be easier to apply. Con: You can't really control where the ointment goes.

Pro: A patient would be unconscious for the majority of the treatment so they suffer less. Con: They can't tell you how they hurt if they're not conscious, and it'll be far easier to make fatal clerical errors.

• Like 1

I'm aware it wasn't a question, and for me, the paradox still exists.

Either I'm not well enough equipped to understand, or you haven't explained it well enough. I still see the major flaw in traveling to the future and being able to travel back to the previous time frame being acceptable, but other combinations being incompatible-- put bluntly, if you can't travel back in time, but you can travel forward: A. What use would going back to "current situations" be and B. Wouldn't the previously established rule disable backwards travel?

Maybe I'm not getting it..

I'm aware it wasn't a question, and for me, the paradox still exists.

Either I'm not well enough equipped to understand, or you haven't explained it well enough. I still see the major flaw in traveling to the future and being able to travel back to the previous time frame being acceptable, but other combinations being incompatible-- put bluntly, if you can't travel back in time, but you can travel forward: A. What use would going back to "current situations" be and B. Wouldn't the previously established rule disable backwards travel?

Maybe I'm not getting it..

Ah, see, you didn't make it clear that you were speaking of time travel rather than the way that time actually works. What exactly would prevent you from travelling to the past in your scenario? Because if you could only travel to the future then you wouldn't be able to travel back to the present, obviously.

Ah, see, you didn't make it clear that you were speaking of time travel rather than the way that time actually works. What exactly would prevent you from travelling to the past in your scenario? Because if you could only travel to the future then you wouldn't be able to travel back to the present, obviously.

Nevermind, I see now that both of us drew a wrong connection to what the other said and this entire debacle (that's a funny word, though I really wanna use "taco" in its place) was completely avoidable.