Ask The Director 2.0

Why did the Roman Empire collapse? :)

Could never find a straight answer with this question.....

There are quite a few factors in play for the collapse of the Roman Empire. As a result of all of the different factors, people tend to disagree on when it actually fell. The date Romulus was overthrown was 476 AD (or CE if you prefer). Odoacer overthrew Romulus, pretty much ending the power that the Roman Empire had. As I said though, there were many factors leading up to this. It's pretty interesting, I recommend doing some research into it.

how does one do the safety dance?

With one's feet one would imagine, being careful as not to step on the feet of others in the process.

• Like 1

So Director, tell me if you had a time machine and you could travel in time, what year would it be and why?

1999, so that I could sit down with a much younger version of myself and teach myself everything I know so that way by the time I reach the age I am I'll have even more knowledge.

How does Multi-Frame sampled Anti-Aliasing work?

NVIDIA isn't exactly forthcoming with that information, due to concerns with reverse-engineering, but the basic way it works is by alternating sample patterns on a frame-to-frame basis. 

• Like 1

Favorite Lord of The Rings character? Why?

I would have to go with Gandalf. The reason is simple. He is very serious in his silliness. 

What's the best book you have ever read?

Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett.

would you consider making an advice style podcast for the forums where you answer questions in a humorous manner?

I would consider it, yes, but I doubt that I'd actually do it.