Ask The Director 2.0

Thank you for proving my point! If you you want call of duty features play call of duty!

Which brings me to my next question. Why does the majority of the halo community want those featurs? I mean halo was great with out and now it just doesn't have the same feel. Maybe I am just the one with bad taste

Well the thing is, killcam and the other features are fun in CoD and Halo is a game that's never the exact same twice. The line of thought behind the wanting these features in Halo was that it might be fun. I am a good ol' fashioned H2 guy, and even I thought it might be fun to have a killcam. Especially in snipers because of campers. In theory, those features would have been great in Halo. In practice, not so much. Well, for some people I guess it's fun.

Would you consider Dwarf Planets ( like Ceres and Pluto ) to be real planets?

Not really. To me, a planet is a celestial body that is large enough to have a dominant orbit. Dwarf planets don't have dominant orbits, so they can't be called actual planets. Not to mention their size. They are bigger than moons, but if a large enough planet got close enough to them they would become moons.

• 3 weeks later...

So this might be a little too early but what do you think the next gen consoles would be able to process?

You are correct when you say that it might be a little too early. We don't know how much technology will advance by the time they come out with a new generation of Sony and Xbox consoles.

Do you think Sony and Ms will come out with a new console within the next five years? :)

No. Sony and Microsoft have been making 10 year consoles. Nintendo is the company that creates 5 year consoles.

• Like 1

I got a problem for you. in halo nightfall they have a HAVOC nuclear device which is 30 mgt. but they say it will wipe out 100km my question is will it wipe out 100km and if not how much and the yield   

Alright, so first a megaton is appx 4.184 petajoules of energy. So a 30 megaton device would be about 125.52 petajoules of energy. The largest bomb detonated (to my knowledge) would be the Tsar Bomba (The AN602 Hydrogen Bomb) that detonated at about 50-58 megatons (210 to 240 petajoules). The Tsar Bomba's blast radius was only about 35 km.

So no. It wouldn't. It may be able to take out 3/5 of that amount of landscape (i.e. 21km), but it wouldn't be able to take out 100km.

UNLESS

1. Perhaps the HAVOC was a shaped device that limited upward energy and instead focused on emitting the energy in an outward radius. Even then it's unlikely to have reached 100km, but perhaps closer to 50-60km

2. They were including nuclear fallout in their statement. If the HAVOC detonated in an area with a low/windy atmosphere, then it's possible that the nuclear fallout may have reached 100km

3. It detonated in space. In space, not only is there no one to hear you scream, but there's less resistance to an explosion, meaning the explosion can spread out a lot further than it would in-atmosphere.

What would happen if you were made of antimatter instead of regular matter? Would you have to be kept in a vacuum to keep your atoms from annihilating regular atoms?

Yes, that's how antimatter works. Although I'm not entirely certain whether a living being actually could be made of antimatter.

• Like 1

The Director,as you said you're one of smartest people in Universe,then probably you can answer/solve this.When I'm on Xbox 360 E Slim console (yes it was brand new untouched) why I'm getting Signed out and Signed in many times?No matter what I'm doing on Xbox 360 dashboard or playing games etc.Also I want to ask you,why is my Xbox 360 console mixed with English & Deutsch?

Ready,steady.....GO!!! :P

The Director,as you said you're one of smartest people in Universe,then probably you can answer/solve this.When I'm on Xbox 360 E Slim console (yes it was brand new untouched) why I'm getting Signed out and Signed in many times?No matter what I'm doing on Xbox 360 dashboard or playing games etc.Also I want to ask you,why is my Xbox 360 console mixed with English & Deutsch?

Ready,steady.....GO!!! :P

Ah, the sign in and out glitch. Okay, so first you'll need to be sure of what your account email and password is. It's a pretty easy fix. All you have to do is remove your XBL profile from the x-box, clear your system cache, restart your console, and redownload your account. Here's how.

To delete your profile:

Go to Xbox Home.

Go all the way to the right to the Settings tab, Select System, Storage, Hard Drive, then Profiles.

Find your gamertag and delete it. MAKE SURE TO SELECT 'DELETE PROFILE ONLY'. If you select 'Delete Profile and Items', you'll remove all the stuff that's associated with your gamertag (i.e. DLC and such). It will be difficult to get back.

To clear your cache:

Go back to the Storage Devices page, where it shows Hard Drive and Cloud Storage. Highlight Hard Drive with the green selection bar and press Y on your controller.

Select Clear System Cache, then Yes.

Go back to Xbox Home.

Restart your console. (Turn it off, then back on.)

To redownload your gamertag:

Press the center button and select Sign In.

Select Download Profile.

Enter in your Gamertag's email and password

Select Remember Password

That should solve the signing in and out issue. As far as your English/Deustch issue goes, that could be more convoluted. There's many areas of failure to this issue, so I'll try the most common one.

ON YOUR XBOX:

Go to Settings, Console Settings, Language and Locale

Make sure that it says English/Australia (or whatever language you prefer and where you're at)

Once that's taken care of, now move onto a computer and go to xbox.com and sign into your gamertag. Make sure the page is displaying in English. If it isn't, then on the top right of the page click the two words underneath your gamertag. Scroll towards the bottom of the page to find a table containing three black phrases. Google translate should be able to help you find the one that says 'Other' in English. Underneath the one that says 'Other', five down, second one from the bottom, click the phrase and select the country you're currently in.

You may run into an 'I'm Moving' page, in which case use google translate to the best of your ability to navigate and change your region. That should do it.

So Director what made you start the DMinions?

Well, it started when I was changing names in the shoutbox. I changed Jack of Harts name to DMinion1, and he wanted to keep it.

Then I changed Caboose and H5 Follower's names as well, and they wanted to keep them too.

Soon others were joining in, and Jack began creating signatures for them. Now he has Austinatious' help as well.

That's pretty much it.

Well, it started when I was changing names in the shoutbox. I changed Jack of Harts name to DMinion1, and he wanted to keep it.

Then I changed Caboose and H5 Follower's names as well, and they wanted to keep them too.

Soon others were joining in, and Jack began creating signatures for them. Now he has Austinatious' help as well.

That's pretty much it.

Don't forget I was the OG TheDMinion against my will you skallywag!

As for my question...

Do you even?

• Like 1

Ah, the sign in and out glitch. Okay, so first you'll need to be sure of what your account email and password is. It's a pretty easy fix. All you have to do is remove your XBL profile from the x-box, clear your system cache, restart your console, and redownload your account. Here's how.

To delete your profile:

Go to Xbox Home.

Go all the way to the right to the Settings tab, Select System, Storage, Hard Drive, then Profiles.

Find your gamertag and delete it. MAKE SURE TO SELECT 'DELETE PROFILE ONLY'. If you select 'Delete Profile and Items', you'll remove all the stuff that's associated with your gamertag (i.e. DLC and such). It will be difficult to get back.

To clear your cache:

Go back to the Storage Devices page, where it shows Hard Drive and Cloud Storage. Highlight Hard Drive with the green selection bar and press Y on your controller.

Select Clear System Cache, then Yes.

Go back to Xbox Home.

Restart your console. (Turn it off, then back on.)

To redownload your gamertag:

Press the center button and select Sign In.

Select Download Profile.

Enter in your Gamertag's email and password

Select Remember Password

That should solve the signing in and out issue. As far as your English/Deustch issue goes, that could be more convoluted. There's many areas of failure to this issue, so I'll try the most common one.

ON YOUR XBOX:

Go to Settings, Console Settings, Language and Locale

Make sure that it says English/Australia (or whatever language you prefer and where you're at)

Once that's taken care of, now move onto a computer and go to xbox.com and sign into your gamertag. Make sure the page is displaying in English. If it isn't, then on the top right of the page click the two words underneath your gamertag. Scroll towards the bottom of the page to find a table containing three black phrases. Google translate should be able to help you find the one that says 'Other' in English. Underneath the one that says 'Other', five down, second one from the bottom, click the phrase and select the country you're currently in.

You may run into an 'I'm Moving' page, in which case use google translate to the best of your ability to navigate and change your region. That should do it.

Not working,unfortunately.

Hmm. Alright, I need to you explain what the problem is as detailed as possible. Tell me when it signs you out, when it disconnects from XBL, etc.

About that problem with signing,I hope it's solved since I was on chat with one of MS agents a couple days ago.All I'm getting when I start Xbox 360 is signed in to live and I believe it stays online.Just confused about game,when I play Halo 4,does my live account signs out right after I started game or not?Hope you understand what I tried to say.Anyway that isn't big deal anymore.Your steps are quite good,they didn't help but they brought me to account settings,where I've found something about payment & billings.There I saw that my region is Deutsch,which is my lapse.I made my MS account with deutsch settings a long time ago.Then somewhere I saw another options which led me to find all available regions.I changed from Germany to United Kingdom and it finally said this PEwVInT.jpg

Didn't tried yet on my console if it's done because it was late night,but I think that was main problem why my console dashboard has mixed language.As I said,your steps didn't help in that way you wrote them because options you mentioned through steps were not in Deutsch (weird,it was english lol),but they led me to search deeper and find a solution to change region from Germany to United Kingdom.So I want to say thank you!

Now that thing about image I posted in this conversation,please help me how do I change that retarded motorcycle picture on top right,it's so annoying.I even hate to sign in on xbl while I know that stupid picture is always there.

By the way,two words you mentioned underneath my gamertag are ''Mein Konto''  :P

Thanks again :)

PEwVInT.jpg

Now that thing about image I posted in this conversation,please help me how do I change that retarded motorcycle picture on top right,it's so annoying.I even hate to sign in on xbl while I know that stupid picture is always there.

That picture is your gamer picture. You can change it on your X-Box

1. Press center button

2. Scroll to settings

3. Select Profile

4. Select Edit Profile

5. Select Gamer Picture

6. Choose a new picture

What inspired you to become a community moderator for the community forums?

It was a good fit for me.