Ask The Director 2.0

What do you think will happen if Ms buys Mojang? :)

I think that the PS3 and PS4 versions of Minecraft may stop seeing updates, if not get pulled all together. The updates for minecraft will also be faster, as they will have more funding from M$, and I think that Mojang will finally come out with their other games.

Person A, when Person B is present, can converse with Person C at an optimal rate.

Person A, when Person B is not present, can converse with Person C at a standard rate.

Person A, when Person B is or is not present, can converse with Person D at only a sub-standard rate.

Explain this phenomenon please.

Person A, when Person B is present, can converse with Person C at an optimal rate.

Person A, when Person B is not present, can converse with Person C at a standard rate.

Person A, when Person B is or is not present, can converse with Person D at only a sub-standard rate.

Explain this phenomenon please.

Well let's see. If Person A can communicate with Person C with Person B present but cannot do it very well I would say that Person A speaks a language that Person C has studied a little bit but isn't completely fluent in it. Person B acts as an interpreter. Person D, however, seems to not be able to understand the language that Person A speaks or the language that Person B interprets in very well.

For instance:

Person A speaks English fluently. Person B speaks English and French fluently. Person C speaks English at a standard rate but speaks fluent French. Person D speaks Russian and only speaks a little bit of English and may or may not speak a little bit of French.

Or perhaps:

Person A is deaf and Person B understands sign language fluently and is not deaf, but only speaks English. Person C understands a standard amount of sign language and can understand English fluently. Person D does not understand English very well and does not know very much sign language.

Let me reiterate, Person A, B, C, and D all speak and understand each other perfectly. I'm referring to the 'quality' of the conversation. 

Person A, when Person B is not present, can converse with Person E at an optimal rate.

Person A, when Person B is present, can converse with Person E at a standard rate.

Let me reiterate, Person A, B, C, and D all speak and understand each other perfectly. I'm referring to the 'quality' of the conversation. 

Person A has social anxiety issues. Person A somewhat enjoys the company of Person C, but is nervous without their "wingman", Person B. Person A either dislikes Person D, or is too nervous to speak to them with or without Person B.

Person A, when Person B is not present, can converse with Person E at an optimal rate.

Person A, when Person B is present, can converse with Person E at a standard rate.

Person A kind of likes Person C, really likes Person E, Person B is their best friend, and Person D they either have a crush on or hate.

• 2 weeks later...

In pictures of the Planets such as Earth, Saturn, Jupiter and etc, why doesn't the background Galaxy and Stars show up?

On Earth on a very dark night you can see the surrounding Universe (Galaxies, Stars, Nebulas, etc) but a picture in space of a Planet yields none of that? Is the Planet too bright?

Can you explain the String theory?

The basic premise of string theory is that everything is made up of vibrating filaments and membranes made out of energy. In other words, strings and... well... branes. String theory is a newer theory that attempts to explain things like gravity using quantum physics. The answer I gave about black and white holes earlier is part of string theory. 

The thing is, string theory is kind of heady. Part of string theory includes parallel universes, several extra dimensions, and all sorts of things that sound like something from the sci-fi channel after midnight. That's the part of it that I'm kind of .-. about.

Why is Space Black?

The real question is "where is space black". When you are on Earth, space actually appears to be Navy Blue (a really dark shade of it). In space, however, we see black everywhere. The majority of it seems black to us. Now, the thing is, it's not black. It's simply not reflecting light. Imagine a white room with no light source. It appears black, but isn't really black. So the answer to your question is that space isn't black, it's just dark.

In pictures of the Planets such as Earth, Saturn, Jupiter and etc, why doesn't the background Galaxy and Stars show up?

On Earth on a very dark night you can see the surrounding Universe (Galaxies, Stars, Nebulas, etc) but a picture in space of a Planet yields none of that? Is the Planet too bright?

This actually depends on the photographer. In quite a few photos of the individual planets, photographers actually cut out a good chunk of the background to allow you to focus on the planet. Or they recreate the planet using modelling based on photos rather than taking an actual photo. These tend to be the most popular "photos" of the planets.

As for why the background isn't as clear in the other photos but is still there, it's because of the giant planet taking up the point of focus that makes it seem as if there isn't much else in the photo. 

What will be our demise? War or the many things in Space that are going to kill us eventually?

The thing about the things in space that might kill us eventually is that by the time they do eventually become a threat we will have learned how to avoid their threats. As for war, that's actually the current most likely thing to end our species' reign on this planet. 

That being said, we are survivors. That's what humanity is good at. Think about it. We are not suited for living outside like the other animals, without tools we would have trouble hunting, and we require the protein in most meats to survive. If we did not have intelligence, then we would have a tougher time of things than most animals would. Since we got our intelligence, we've started living nearly everywhere on the planet and surviving it. We even live in the parts of Antarctica that nothing else can. Here in another 10 years, we'll even live on Mars (if things go well).

So, if ANYTHING is going to kill us, it will be either ourselves or the heat-death of the universe.

• 3 weeks later...

If you killed yourself in the Season 10 finale, how are you still responding to these?

Are you a wizard? Did you come from the moon? :P

You're under the assumption that I was killed. However, you didn't actually see me die.

You see, I knew that Carolina and Church (Epsilon) were trying to find me. So, me being the master manipulator that I am, I created a scene which would cause my daughter to feel pity for me. This I knew would cause her to spare me. So I asked her for her sidearm and sealed myself inside the room. Phillis didn't know that there was an escape hatch underneath my desk (as it wasn't plugged into anything electronic and was a simple turn and push door) so if she was ever turned against me I could escape her clutches. I then escaped using this hatch, using the sidearm to escape the clutches of the UNSC.

Also no I'm not a wizard, and that's classified.

• Like 1

How are you just so amazing, is there a secret?

Not really. It boils down to three things.

1. Being fair minded. To a fault, most would say.

2. Wanting to know more about everything. Any time someone brings up something I haven't heard of or enough about, I research it to the best of my ability.

3. A large ego, which gives me 'character' allowing me to be entertaining.

• Like 2