Ask The Director 2.0

Why is facial hair associated with manliness ?

What is Brisbane?

This is a question?

1. Because the human male on average grows more facial hair than the human female. Most females don't even have to shave their face to appear to not have facial hair. The majority of men, on the other hand, have to frequently shave to avoid having facial hair. That's why it's associated with manliness.

2. Unless you are talking about something else, it's the capital of Queensland, Australia.

3. This is an answer.

Let's have a mind tickler then.

There are three animals. A snake, a lion, and a goat.

You have a raft that can only carry two at a time.

Assuming the following:

The lion would eat the goat

The goat would trample the snake

The snake would poison the lion

What do you do?

Let's have a mind tickler then.

There are three animals. A snake, a lion, and a goat.

You have a raft that can only carry two at a time.

Assuming the following:

The lion would eat the goat

The goat would trample the snake

The snake would poison the lion

What do you do?

Why would I take any of the animals with me on the raft in the first place? That's dangerous. The lion might eat me, the goat might kick me off the raft, and the snake might poison me. 

• Like 3

Why would I take any of the animals with me on the raft in the first place? That's dangerous. The lion might eat me, the goat might kick me off the raft, and the snake might poison me. 

We have a winner.

Here's your prize:

lolbrarycom_59769_1386373825_zps29879c0f

• Like 2

We have a winner.

I don't......believe anybody with an ounce of rational thought would have given any answer other than that one.

Stuff have half lives. The particles that make up an object radiate away. So why doesn't this seem to affect humans, and other animals etc.? Is it because the half life is so long? Even then, many, many particles that make us up are still being radiated away; what are the consequences? Why do they seem to not exist? Isn't it dangerous if, say, a particle that made up Deoxyribonucleic acid radiated away? Such a small change could have a drastic impact on our lives so why doesn't it happen?

Or what of a baby? Even a single-celled organism within a female's uterus would radiate particles away; why doesn't this seem to affect the baby?

How do you feel about all these imposter threads?

Well, at first I was a bit peeved. Then I decided to take it in the "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" way.

I don't......believe anybody with an ounce of rational thought would have given any answer other than that one.

Stuff have half lives. The particles that make up an object radiate away. So why doesn't this seem to affect humans, and other animals etc.? Is it because the half life is so long? Even then, many, many particles that make us up are still being radiated away; what are the consequences? Why do they seem to not exist? Isn't it dangerous if, say, a particle that made up Deoxyribonucleic acid radiated away? Such a small change could have a drastic impact on our lives so why doesn't it happen?

Or what of a baby? Even a single-celled organism within a female's uterus would radiate particles away; why doesn't this seem to affect the baby?

Well, short answer is that we have several trillion atoms within us. Even single celled organisms have trillions of atoms. Now, when an atom degrades in our body the atom is generally replaced with another one. Whether this be by eating or drinking or from a chemical reaction within our own cells is completely dependent on the atom that is degrading. Our bodies compensate for not only the loss of the atom but for the radiation itself and any damage caused by it.

Which means that the negative effect of losing an atom is infinitesimal. Even in single celled organisms. 

Now, if you're asking it in a "doesn't the radiation itself hurt us" type of way, in short no. Again, we have several trillion atoms. The effect of a single atom's radiation is once again infinitesimal. Even in embryos. If the radiation is too much for us, we die or develop a disease. While you are correct that a tiny thing can have a drastic impact on us, the tiny thing is usually immediately proceeded by other tiny things that correct the tiny thing.

That's nice, Pumpkin.

Top three Superhero movies?

1. The Amazing Spiderman (because so far it's the only Spiderman movie to actually follow the lore set down by it's predecessor [the TV show])

2. Iron Man

3. The Avengers

If there were a Deadpool movie it would take the top slot and push The Avengers off the list.

Follow up:

Who would you want to play Dead Pool?

Ryan Reynolds of course. The guy can take any role and add funny to it. If he has a proper script for Deadpool, he will more than represent the character. He'll make everyone believe that he was born for the role.

In X-Men Origins the only reason that some people could disagree with Reynolds playing Deadpool was because of bad writing. If they had invested a bit more into Deadpool's character, Reynolds would have more than adequately played the role.

#RyanReynoldsforDeadpoolesident

Are Light and Darkness eternal? Does Nothing go on forever too?

Hypothetically speaking, darkness is eternal because it is the natural state of the universe. It is the absence of light, so if you were to remove all planets, stars, and life there would be nothing left except darkness. Light, on the other hand, is also hypothetically eternal. Light is energy, and energy cannot be destroyed. This is the Law of the Conservation of Energy. So it should also be considered eternal.

Now "nothing" on the other hand. There have been many recent discoveries that change our view of "nothing". We used to think that the vacuum of space contained nothing, but now we know that it's full of things such as electrons, neutrinos, radio waves, etc. As a matter of fact, we haven't found a true example of "nothing" yet. We have tons of hypothetical examples, but nothing concrete. So out of the three things you have mentioned, only two seem to be eternal as the third may not exist at all.

Assuming the following statement is true: 1+1=3

What is 2+2=?

Oh my. Okay, so there are about a thousand answers to this. One of which:

+=3

This turns the equation from addition to multiplication. In other words, it would be 1*+*1=3 making +=3

So the next equation would be 2*+*2=12

Another one would be:

2+2=5 because 1+1=3

Which would mean that you add another 1 to the answer of the equation.

Another one:

1+1=3 so 2+2=6

Which would mean that you add the number that is being added (1 in the first equation, 2 in the second) to the normal answer to the equation.

What do you think of people who complain about complainers?

I believe they are guilty of the same thing they are accusing others of. Thus, making them hypocritical.

Overall, I think that complaining about something that's actually relevant leads to topics of discussion rather than unnecessary negativity. However, irrelevant complaints only lead to negativity. 

An example of a relevant complaint, "I dislike the way that "A" handles and I think we should make it better."

An example of an irrelevant complaint, "I dislike how people keep killing me in a gametype that is designed for people to kill each other and I have no suggestions to fix this."