Lockout and Zanzibar confirmed to be among the six updated Halo 2 maps

343 Industries announced yesterday that there will be six Halo 2 multiplayer maps that will have new updated graphics as part of the Halo 2: Anniversary edition in The Master Chief collection. 

gallery_12241_647_53572.jpg

We know Ascension will be among the six graphically upgraded maps as we seen it in the brief Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer demo. Now Frank O'Connor has announced another two other maps of the six that will be getting a new coat of paint and those maps are Lockout and Zanzibar. 

Frank O'Connor confirmed this on Neogaf not so long ago. 

"Remade H2 faves, with proprietary graphics and a modified version of h2 gameplay. Lockout, Ascension, Zanzi...

OG maps and gameplay completely intact. It's extra content."

Now he didn't fully say the word "Zanzibar" but it's pretty safe to say that he meant to say it, he is most likely just teasing. According to Microsoft/343 Industries we will be getting Halo news everyday over the course of E3 so by the end of the working week we could have all six Halo 2 maps confirmed of a makeover. 

What do you think of those two maps being confirmed for a graphics update? What maps would you like to see among the next three? 

Source: Neogaf

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 8

That will be like the 3rd remake of lockout? Anyway it's one of the best CQC maps there is so I'm glad to see it once again return.

Zanzibar/Last Resort was also a pretty good one. Good for Assault gametypes and such. RUSH THE SNIPER!!!

That will be like the 3rd remake of lockout? Anyway it's one of the best CQC maps there is so I'm glad to see it once again return.

Zanzibar/Last Resort was also a pretty good one. Good for Assault gametypes and such. RUSH THE SNIPER!!!

RUSH RIDGE 

I'm hoping that these three maps come out. They were my absolute favourites from Halo 2.

As for Zanzibar, Lockout and Ascension. They're the choices I would've chosen apart from my three below.

Coagulation

Coagulationwhole.jpg

Burial Mounds

BurialMoundsBigger.jpg

Sanctuary

Sanctuary_profile.jpg

• Like 1

From my understanding, all of the maps will be graphically updated, but six maps will also be "re-imagined" I noticed that in the Ascension gameplay you can see the satellite slowly spinning, I don't know if this was the case in the original Halo 2 multiplayer, but I expect more dynamic features to make their way as new maps. 

I think it's important to note the quote: 

Remade H2 faves, with proprietary graphics and a modified version of h2 gameplay.

As well as the fact that it was stated many times "Halo 2 will be getting the full anniversary treatment"

Good find on these maps though Adam, I'm really looking forward to the Master Chief Collection! :DD

Az we're getting Blood Gulch so I doubt there'll be coagulation but Sanctuary would be really nice

We're getting every single map.

From my understanding, all of the maps will be graphically updated, but six maps will also be "re-imagined" I noticed that in the Ascension gameplay you can see the satellite slowly spinning, I don't know if this was the case in the original Halo 2 multiplayer, but I expect more dynamic features to make their way as new maps. 

I think it's important to note the quote: 

As well as the fact that it was stated many times "Halo 2 will be getting the full anniversary treatment"

Good find on these maps though Adam, I'm really looking forward to the Master Chief Collection! :DD

Are you sure? A lot of people and I think articles are saying 6 maps are getting graphics updates and the rest will have their original graphics.

Are you sure? A lot of people and I think articles are saying 6 maps are getting Graphics updates and the rest will have their original graphics.

I may be wrong on this, but I took it as O'Conner saying that all the Halo 2 maps would return graphically enhanced alongside 6 old maps that have been re-imagined. Hopefully there will be more clarity in the coming days.

I may be wrong on this, but I took it as O'Conner saying that all the Halo 2 maps would return graphically enhanced alongside 6 old maps that have been re-imagined. Hopefully there will be more clarity in the coming days.

By all maps being graphically enhanced maybe he means they will all have 1080p 60fps, would the resolution and frame rate be considered graphical enhancements? Because all of them are getting those enhancements where only six will get an actual new layer of graphics. 

Midship and Warlock would be nice. :)

Lockout and Zaanzibar have traveled throughout the Halo games... nice to see them getting an update. We already know that a third map is Pinnacle (shown in the Demo).

Lockout and Zaanzibar have traveled throughout the Halo games... nice to see them getting an update. We already know that a third map is Pinnacle (shown in the Demo).

We already know that a third map is Pinnacle (shown in the Demo).

We already know that a third map is Pinnacle 

Pinnacle 

Wow it took a day for me to realize how much of an utter retard this reply was.

:) 

By all maps being graphically enhanced maybe he means they will all have 1080p 60fps, would the resolution and frame rate be considered graphical enhancements in certain? Because all of them are getting those enhancements where only six will get an actual new layer of graphics. 

Pretty sure this is the case. Graphical probably means the 1080p.

I'd be quite happy for a Zanzibar revamp.

Edited by ♥ Yoko ♥

By all maps being graphically enhanced maybe he means they will all have 1080p 60fps, would the resolution and frame rate be considered graphical enhancements? Because all of them are getting those enhancements where only six will get an actual new layer of graphics. 

Well, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are the only titles that will remain in their original graphics and just have the resolution up-scaled. Halo CE already had the anniversary treatment, so it will only need the resolution up-scaled. But Halo 2 has very poor graphics so you can't just upscale it, they have to 'refurbish' it. Which would lead me to think that all the maps are going to be 'refurbished' and up-scaled to 1080p 60fps, and will also include 6 of the old maps that have been re-imagined. 

Well, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are the only titles that will remain in their original graphics and just have the resolution up-scaled. Halo CE already had the anniversary treatment, so it will only need the resolution up-scaled. But Halo 2 has very poor graphics so you can't just upscale it, they have to 'refurbish' it. Which would lead me to think that all the maps are going to be 'refurbished' and up-scaled to 1080p 60fps, and will also include 6 of the old maps that have been re-imagined. 

Yes that's right Halo CE already got the anniversary treatment (Campaign) but it's the MP maps that are at question, they will not be getting new graphics and neither will Halo 2's maps except for six of them.

This should take away the confusion. 

In this image it shows Terminal, District and Uplift in their original graphics with their original names but Ascension Has the new improved graphics with the word "Anniversary" next to it's name. 

https://s3cmsassets.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection/screenshots/E3-2014/Recompress/e3-2014-halo-the-master-chief-collection-menu---halo-2-anniversary-custom-games-32a701c3c7ce4709a3f33f7830609b8d.jpg

• Like 1

I'm hoping that these three maps come out. They were my absolute favourites from Halo 2.

As for Zanzibar, Lockout and Ascension. They're the choices I would've chosen apart from my three below.

Coagulation

Coagulationwhole.jpg

Its no big deal, but that pic is not the real H2 Coagulation. If you look at the little details and the Hogs you can see its a port of the map made for Halo Custom Edition.

I know they already did a remake of Headlong for HCEA; so my hope is that you can somehow play on that map but in the H2 engine. And this brings me closer to my next point, what if you could have whatever weapons (or weapon-set) you wanted on any maps? Perhaps Forge will offer such a feature.

Its no big deal, but that pic is not the real H2 Coagulation. If you look at the little details and the Hogs you can see its a port of the map made for Halo Custom Edition.

I know they already did a remake of Headlong for HCEA; so my hope is that you can somehow play on that map but in the H2 engine. And this brings me closer to my next point, what if you could have whatever weapons (or weapon-set) you wanted on any maps? Perhaps Forge will offer such a feature.

I'm pretty sure we'll get to play Headlong but it'll be in the old graphics like Halo CE's maps because they ran on the Reach engine and that's not on X1