Halo 5: Guardians Beta Release, and Halo: Nightfall

First and foremost the Microsoft E3 Press Conference was fantastic! Full of surprises (Ahem, the Conker Character in Project Spark, and Crackdown 3), and I have to say it was very enjoyable for something I'm not usually into watching.

Now onto Halo. :)

Halo 5: Guardians Beta

tDQM3an.png

On Halo Waypoint, it states that the Halo 5: Guardians Beta is scheduled to run from December 27, 2014 - January 22, 2015.

Requirements:

- You must be 17 or older to participate.

- The Beta requires the Halo: The Master Chief Collection game disc to play.

- Xbox One, internet and Xbox Live Gold membership required (obviously).

I'm not sure how you actually get into the Beta firsthand. On the Page it states that participating in the beta unlocks content in both the Master Chief Collection, and Halo: Nightfall, and that the "Exclusive Items" will carry over into the Halo 5: Guardians game.

Halo 5: Guardians releases sometime in late 2015 (the release date has not been announced, as stated on Waypoint).

Halo: Nightfall

0dafXmd.png

Halo: Nightfall is a 5 Episode Live Action Series with episodes releasing on a weekly basis.

The story as quoted from Waypoint:

"A strange and treacherous world exposes elite UNSC operatives to a much deeper danger in this live action series from 343 Industries and Scott Free Productions. Executive-produced by Ridley Scott, Scott Free TV President David Zucker, and directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan ("Battlestar Galactica," "Pillars of the Earth," "Heroes"), Halo: Nightfall is an exciting new story for Halo fans and fresh audiences alike."

During E3 I remember the lady from 343i stating that the show will have the Character from the Halo 2: Anniversary/Master Chief Collection Trailer, and the Halo 5: Guardians teaser art. Though I don't know if that's true, so don't take my word for it.

On Waypoint it says that it'll be on Xbox One, and Windows 8.1 (at least it says they're required), but I'm sure the episodes will also be viewable on most Online Video sites, like Youtube.

As of now I don't think the launch date has been announced, but please tell me if it has.

*Pertaining to both the Beta, and Halo: Nightfall, Waypoint states that the dates, content, and features are subject to change.*

SOURCE: HaloWaypoint.com

-

Thoughts? Concerns? Tacos?

• Like 3

Tacos. Yes.

I believe the Spartans will have a new weapon named tacos. It turns the opposition into a mariachi band when shot.

Thoughts? It's cool. A beta is something that helps a game tremendously. Getting past all those painstaking months of patches early. I'm glad their doing it. The future looks bright people. 

• Like 1

I don't like the armor shown in the Beta trailer. Looks like it's made out of Plasticine.

And it is only a small portion of the game itself; just the 'arena' parts of the game. :/

Yeah the Armor looked a little less... crisp I should say. BUT There is bound to be more choices available in the Beta when it rolls out.

And pertaining to the Beta, of course it's just a small portion. It's there to get the glitches out and all that. We should be glad 343i is doing a public Beta at all, unlike Halo 4.

Why is the Beta so far away from the release date? Will they really need 9-10 months to add and fix everything?

Maybe they will have a second beta release. :P

I'm glad they made it Dec 27, let a log of people get it for Christmas before starting.

Edited by WonderWombat

Why is the Beta so far away from the release date? Will they really need 9-10 months to add and fix everything?

Maybe they will have a second beta release. :P

I'm glad they made it Dec 27, let a log of people get it for Christmas before starting.

Maybe they'll do another Beta. Seems strange to hold it for like 3 weeks, but I'm not sure how long normal betas are.